Why I no longer support the death penalty.

Not for someone who doesn't want to die...
Prison is the retirement plan of the criminal class. On capital crimes, is see no need to fund their retirement. Sometimes, they deserve to rest from their evil work. Rest in peace, that is.

They were the lying "intelligence".
Intelligence is like stats. If you pick and choose sources, methods and sampling, you can prove anything.

Most states have either abolished the Death Penalty or no longer enforce it.
Before he leaves office, Biden will commute the Death Sentences of Federal Prisoners so we don’t get a repeat of Trumps rush to execute.

Most civilized nations have abolished Capital Punishment with the US joined by China, India and the Islamic nations as the only ones to resort to executions

You take someone's life, either pre planned or knowing you will probably kill innocent people, the only thing you deserve iils to be chained behind a moving 5 MPH vehicle until there is absoluty NOTHING LEFT OF YOU at the end of the chain.... Revenge is a truly great final statement to a worthless piece of shits life....It is NOT about cruel treatment it is purging our society of these vermin that continue to permeate our civilization....and there are BILLIONS of them throughout the world.

Wasting away in prison is far worse punishment than being executed.
If only that were true. It's what people tell themselves to justify their anti death penalty positions.

There is no wasting away in prison. Especially on death row. They are well fed. They are encouraged to pursue interests and hobbies William Bonin painted. Tookie Williams not only continued to direct a criminal enterprise but was provided with a ghost writer to write children's books. They have an on staff psychologist to help them understand themselves. There is no end of television, movies, books, and a fully equipped gym.

Those just serving life adapt even better. They form relationships, make friends, have romantic interests. Richard Speck sentenced to life for killing 7 nurses got hormone therapy and breast implants to make him more desirable to male inmates. Over all of it is the ability of the criminal to replay and relive every second of their crimes. They savor every second. Every expression on the victim's face is remained. Every knife thrust, gunshot, strangulation is relived second by second, savored, enjoyed. Vonda Pelto, psychologist on California's death row, described an incident in which an inmate described to her, in detail, how he would like to cut her head off.

I support the death penalty because we put rabid dogs down.

I used to support killing the condemned. If all of the condemned were guilty I could still go along with it, therein lies the problem.

I used to support killing the condemned. If all of the condemned were guilty I could still go along with it, therein lies the problem.
That is a rub and a big rub, but the system is largely self-correcting and weighted most of the time to give any defendant the benefit if there is one to be found, as it takes years for someone on death row to actually run out of appeals. I still favor keeping it in place.

That is a rub and a big rub, but the system is largely self-correcting and weighted most of the time to give any defendant the benefit if there is one to be found, as it takes years for someone on death row to actually run out of appeals. I still favor keeping it in place.
Nope. If one innocent person exhausts all of their appeals and is executed, do we stand proud of our criminal justice system? "It was a horrible crime that someone needs to pay for with their life", is usually the attitude of the prosecution. They believe that the accused got justice. That does not mean that they are right.

Nope. If one innocent person exhausts all of their appeals and is executed, do we stand proud of our criminal justice system? "It was a horrible crime that someone needs to pay for with their life", is usually the attitude of the prosecution. They believe that the accused got justice. That does not mean that they are right.
That is where the endless appeals start and the advocacy people to the governors, appeals courts, amicus curie submissions, all the way to the Supreme Court. I am not going to say the system is perfect, although better with the advance of scientific forensics, but I am not in favor of tossing out the penalty. Some people do not deserve the air they breathe.

That is where the endless appeals start and the advocacy people to the governors, appeals courts, amicus curie submissions, all the way to the Supreme Court. I am not going to say the system is perfect, although better with the advance of scientific forensics, but I am not in favor of tossing out the penalty. Some people do not deserve the air they breathe.
Is posthumous exoneration an oxymoron?

New Topics

Forum List

Back