why I believe

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
I believed and then did not and then have for so many years. I remember a guy in basic training, in the dark one night the barracks, protesting he was an atheist. A nearly very dumb guy came back with, "No, you are wrong. There are too many wonders in the world. Just all of these marvels. Too many."

And having spent so much of my life then and now, whether in the country or in the city, I still believe that: there are too many marvelous, wondrous happenings in the world, and on the seas, and in the mountains, and in the air. Too many times I have survived events that involved airplanes, helicopters, boats, streams, mountains, knives, guns, fire, and explosives, when I should not have survived. And there are just too many marvels in the world, and too many events that buck the curve.

Atheists do not live in the wondrous world, I think. They live in blocks and rooms, they work in cubes. They have charts, and graphs, and tablets, and chalk, and computers. They love fast food.

I don't know if my Dad would understand my Jesus, Who has humor, and I think there are boundaries that He cannot get over or around or through. He makes me laugh, and at times weep.

I love Him and am so glad I got to know Him again, and experience the wondrous marvels of our world.

Atheists do not live in the wondrous world, I think. They live in blocks and rooms, they work in cubes. They have charts, and graphs, and tablets, and chalk, and computers. They love fast food.
what could be sadder than a christian .... certainly not an atheist.

Forum List

Back