Why Humans Can't Even Colonize Mars

I don`t think so. It seems to me that it`s too early to talk about that. Despite those things that Musk claims that humans will be able to step on the surface of Mars in 2024. It`s too early, our technology is too weak
I agree. I don't know what the plan is, but it doesn't seem like three years is enough time to do anything right. If the mission is to be successful all the "luggage" needs to be sent and verified ahead of time, along with a spare return vehicle perhaps.

The other option is to plan on not returning. A few years ago there was a whole host of volunteers willing to go to Mars carrying a poison pill rather than a return vehicle.

Again science says that the universe just happened from nothing.
Liar.
Well then tell us where science says that the universe came from or how DNA came to be. The answer is that nothing just started creating things
Find someone else to beg for attention, Frannie.
You are having problems accepting that nothing can not have created everything. Look up to the light and the word of the Lord God, he will show you the way

Science says that the universe created itself from nothing.
Lie.
Again science says that the universe just happened from nothing. Your denial is leading you to God
We have Quantum computing now. We may need to quibble about what nothing, Is.
Not at all because all quantum computers are made of something.

Next
Would it matter if the matter fit within the eye of a needle?

Science says that the universe created itself from nothing.
Lie.
Again science says that the universe just happened from nothing. Your denial is leading you to God
We have Quantum computing now. We may need to quibble about what nothing, Is.
Not at all because all quantum computers are made of something.

Next
Would it matter if the matter fit within the eye of a needle?
No, quantum computers are huge and cumbersome actually and they could not function without matter

We can visit Mars for a short time like we did the moon but the soil is toxic and the radiation is intense. We won't stay very long.
The problem is, it's a 2 year trip, minimum. To the moon is only a few days.

That's a LOOONG time to go without an equipment malfunction that could cost everyone their lives.

And MOST of the mars landings ended in failure

Most people don't have a clue how big Space is.

If the sun was the size of a golf ball the nearest star would be about 760 miles away.

It would take the entire energy output of the world for three years to propel a spacecraft the size of a Shuttle to 20% the speed of light.

...and Mars is relatively "close".
Not if an ion drive is employed, though I agree that blowing stuff off the Earth is meaningless
Nobody wants to face the fact that the earth is humanity's home/prison.

People have been brainwashed by science FICTION
Not so long ago the Oceans imprisoned people to where they were. Soon space will just be another ocean to cross

The Atlanta Ocean is absolutely nothing compared to the vast distances in Space. Like the speck on a nat's ass compared to the continent of North America.

We may be able to make it to Mars. In our wildest dreams maybe even a little farther out but we are never leaving this solar system.

It is one thing to invent a sail. It is another thing to invent something that circumvents the Laws of Physics.
Space can be crossed as we came from somewhere out there to begin with. Or do you believe that everything began in an Earth pond like Darwin. You are looking at the problem by blowing things off the Earth, it is true that this goes no where. There will be new engines using new concepts that do not necessarily even use fuel.

What I believe is that Space is vast and we don't have the technology or likely to ever get the technology to explore it like we see in the science fiction movies.

There is no such thing as a "Warp Drive". Any concept of a warp drive will challenge the Laws of Physics.

We mostly use chemical energy now. A controlled exploding bomb. A couple of other technologies could get us putt putting around like Ion drive but nothing that really gets us out of our solar system.

It is called reality.
What we use now doesn't say anything about what we might use in the future and if anything has been proven about humans in the last few centuries is that our ability to solve problems is mostly only limited by our imagination. Even now people way smarter than you or me are theorizing about ways to cover astronomical distances that don't require chemical energy to travel.

The point is. To make sweeping statements as you do has been shown to be a losing bet if opposed to human ingenuity.

The problem is that we are running up against the Laws of Physics. That is much different from the things we have invented in the past.

The other problem is that we think we can do it because we have been brainwashed by 100 years of Science Fiction. Most people think that because we see star trekking across the universe on TV and at the movies it can happen. They have no idea of the technological problems that have to be overcome to make it happen. Not a clue.

We have gone to the moon. There is a good possibility that we will send someone to Mars. Probably a couple of trips. I doubt we will ever establish any sort of permanent or even temporary base. I doubt we will ever go any farther than that.

By the way, Joe Dufus has changed the mission of NASA. Instead of concentrating on going to Mars like Trump wanted to do he is refocusing NASA's mission on this silly AGW scam. If anybody goes to Mars it will probably be the Joe Dufus Chicom buddies.
My point is that there are ways to circumvent any law, including the laws of physics, and finding ways to circumvent limitations is what science does best. We couldn't see exoplanets directly so we devised a way to find them despite this limitation for instance.

Who's to say that something weird like folding space around a spaceship to get from one place to another isn't feasible? You wouldn't require faster than light travel then. Or some other way that we can't even conceive yet?

Imagine telling someone in 1900 that we would land on the moon 60 plus years later? You would be considered crazy.

That folding space hogwash has no foundation in any reality that we know. It is nothing more than Science Fiction.
So was an automatic opening door during the original star trek series. Tablets, videophones, space travel, robots. All were conceived before reality caught up.

No foundation in reality

Einstein seems to disagree

The fact that Space may curve is an interesting theoretical thing to pursue but that is not the same as inventing some spaceship that can somehow allow Humans to navigate the galaxy.

You have difficult time understanding reality, don't you?

Figuring out how to have a self opening slide door is a lot different than getting a space ship to go one of the Orion stars to find green Orion sex slave chicks.

We have gone to the Moon. Chances are some humans (probably the Chinese) will go to Mars now that Joe Dufus has put the kabosh on NASA pursuing it.

That is just about as far as we will go.

With soon to be ten billion humans on the planet and that effect on our biosphere the challenge in the future will be survival, not Space exploration.

I have no problem understanding reality. The reality is that humans have for centuries been able to solve problems that seemed insurmountable. I have no reason to believe that all of a sudden human ingenuity has all of a sudden found a plateau.
With soon to be ten billion humans on the planet and that effect on our biosphere the challenge in the future will be survival, not Space exploration.
If you recognize that overcrowding is the next global challenge why do you have trouble accepting that space exploration might be a solution for that? If anything it's the only for sure way to prevent the human race from going extinct.

There are simple problems for humans to solve, like figuring out that wind will push a sail. That is not the same as figuring out how to go faster than light.

There is no place in this solar system for a large number of humans to go. Any ideas that you have is from your mind being brain washed with Science Fiction. We sure as hell aren't going to be taking colony ships to some earth like planet light years away.

As far as we have seen the universe is a pretty hostile place for humans. We have been discovering planets. Thousands of them so far and none of them come close to be earth like. Even in the unlikely event we would find one there is no way we can get there. We launched the Voyager probes back in the 1970s and they are just now getting out of the solar system. It will be like 40,000 years before they go the distance to the nearest star.

You can have your optimistic outlook. It is free and it feeds your brainwashed science fiction mentality.

Being an Engineer I have learned to accept Science Reality. The reality is that we have no way to go much farther than beyond Mars and that there are no places that we know of outside of our own planet that can sustain human life.

The biggest thing is that there is no way to predict future technologies.

The Wright Brothers had their first successful flight in 1903.
View attachment 501773

This happened only 67 year after the triumph at Kitty Hawk NC.
View attachment 501774

Who knows what will be discovered/created in the next 500 years.

Humans will have colonized local Star systems by then

The Moon and Sixpence

What personality defect is represented in science by our refusal to go inward, i. e., all the way to the core of the Earth, with all the resources and energy sources underneath us? That should be the new frontier, not neurotic escapism towards the far out.

We can visit Mars for a short time like we did the moon but the soil is toxic and the radiation is intense. We won't stay very long.
The problem is, it's a 2 year trip, minimum. To the moon is only a few days.

That's a LOOONG time to go without an equipment malfunction that could cost everyone their lives.

And MOST of the mars landings ended in failure

Most people don't have a clue how big Space is.

If the sun was the size of a golf ball the nearest star would be about 760 miles away.

It would take the entire energy output of the world for three years to propel a spacecraft the size of a Shuttle to 20% the speed of light.

...and Mars is relatively "close".
Not if an ion drive is employed, though I agree that blowing stuff off the Earth is meaningless
Nobody wants to face the fact that the earth is humanity's home/prison.

People have been brainwashed by science FICTION
Not so long ago the Oceans imprisoned people to where they were. Soon space will just be another ocean to cross

The Atlanta Ocean is absolutely nothing compared to the vast distances in Space. Like the speck on a nat's ass compared to the continent of North America.

We may be able to make it to Mars. In our wildest dreams maybe even a little farther out but we are never leaving this solar system.

It is one thing to invent a sail. It is another thing to invent something that circumvents the Laws of Physics.
Space can be crossed as we came from somewhere out there to begin with. Or do you believe that everything began in an Earth pond like Darwin. You are looking at the problem by blowing things off the Earth, it is true that this goes no where. There will be new engines using new concepts that do not necessarily even use fuel.

What I believe is that Space is vast and we don't have the technology or likely to ever get the technology to explore it like we see in the science fiction movies.

There is no such thing as a "Warp Drive". Any concept of a warp drive will challenge the Laws of Physics.

We mostly use chemical energy now. A controlled exploding bomb. A couple of other technologies could get us putt putting around like Ion drive but nothing that really gets us out of our solar system.

It is called reality.
What we use now doesn't say anything about what we might use in the future and if anything has been proven about humans in the last few centuries is that our ability to solve problems is mostly only limited by our imagination. Even now people way smarter than you or me are theorizing about ways to cover astronomical distances that don't require chemical energy to travel.

The point is. To make sweeping statements as you do has been shown to be a losing bet if opposed to human ingenuity.

The problem is that we are running up against the Laws of Physics. That is much different from the things we have invented in the past.

The other problem is that we think we can do it because we have been brainwashed by 100 years of Science Fiction. Most people think that because we see star trekking across the universe on TV and at the movies it can happen. They have no idea of the technological problems that have to be overcome to make it happen. Not a clue.

We have gone to the moon. There is a good possibility that we will send someone to Mars. Probably a couple of trips. I doubt we will ever establish any sort of permanent or even temporary base. I doubt we will ever go any farther than that.

By the way, Joe Dufus has changed the mission of NASA. Instead of concentrating on going to Mars like Trump wanted to do he is refocusing NASA's mission on this silly AGW scam. If anybody goes to Mars it will probably be the Joe Dufus Chicom buddies.
My point is that there are ways to circumvent any law, including the laws of physics, and finding ways to circumvent limitations is what science does best. We couldn't see exoplanets directly so we devised a way to find them despite this limitation for instance.

Who's to say that something weird like folding space around a spaceship to get from one place to another isn't feasible? You wouldn't require faster than light travel then. Or some other way that we can't even conceive yet?

Imagine telling someone in 1900 that we would land on the moon 60 plus years later? You would be considered crazy.

That folding space hogwash has no foundation in any reality that we know. It is nothing more than Science Fiction.
So was an automatic opening door during the original star trek series. Tablets, videophones, space travel, robots. All were conceived before reality caught up.

No foundation in reality

Einstein seems to disagree

The fact that Space may curve is an interesting theoretical thing to pursue but that is not the same as inventing some spaceship that can somehow allow Humans to navigate the galaxy.

Figuring out how to have a self opening slide door is a lot different than getting a space ship to go one of the Orion stars to find green Orion sex slave chicks.

We have gone to the Moon. Chances are some humans (probably the Chinese) will go to Mars now that Joe Dufus has put the kabosh on NASA pursuing it.

That is just about as far as we will go.

I have no problem understanding reality. The reality is that humans have for centuries been able to solve problems that seemed insurmountable. I have no reason to believe that all of a sudden human ingenuity has all of a sudden found a plateau.
If you recognize that overcrowding is the next global challenge why do you have trouble accepting that space exploration might be a solution for that? If anything it's the only for sure way to prevent the human race from going extinct.

There are simple problems for humans to solve, like figuring out that wind will push a sail. That is not the same as figuring out how to go faster than light.

There is no place in this solar system for a large number of humans to go. Any ideas that you have is from your mind being brain washed with Science Fiction. We sure as hell aren't going to be taking colony ships to some earth like planet light years away.

As far as we have seen the universe is a pretty hostile place for humans. We have been discovering planets. Thousands of them so far and none of them come close to be earth like. Even in the unlikely event we would find one there is no way we can get there. We launched the Voyager probes back in the 1970s and they are just now getting out of the solar system. It will be like 40,000 years before they go the distance to the nearest star.

You can have your optimistic outlook. It is free and it feeds your brainwashed science fiction mentality.

Being an Engineer I have learned to accept Science Reality. The reality is that we have no way to go much farther than beyond Mars and that there are no places that we know of outside of our own planet that can sustain human life.

The biggest thing is that there is no way to predict future technologies.

The Wright Brothers had their first successful flight in 1903.
View attachment 501773

This happened only 67 year after the triumph at Kitty Hawk NC.
View attachment 501774

Who knows what will be discovered/created in the next 500 years.

Humans will have colonized local Star systems by then

The Moon and Sixpence

What personality defect is represented in science by our refusal to go inward, i. e., all the way to the core of the Earth, with all the resources and energy sources underneath us? That should be the new frontier, not neurotic escapism towards the far out.

You lead the way

why do you have trouble accepting that space exploration might be a solution for that?
Do you know how many TONS of propellant it takes to get a 150 pound person even into low earth or it, let alone take him to the nearest star in 70,000 years?????

It takes a shitload to get a person into low orbit. Once in actual outer space, all it takes is the amount to get up to speed, and then minor amounts to make course corrections and avoid obstacles.
Yes you need 5 miles per second to get to low orbit
Rocket fuel is extremely ineffective

If the space craft is built at a space station, the need to get into low orbit and still be safe for the frail human body, will not be as big a factor.
Yes but Rocket fuel will never get you far
Nuclear power can. So can fusion engines. First is possible with today's technologies. The second is feasible probably in our lifetime.
There are no fusion engines
Yes, I acknowledged that.
Folding space seems like the way to go. Why travel to another star, when we can just bring it to us?
Maybe. If we can conquer the theoretical, technical, and engineering problems this will entail. Maybe we find a way we haven't even envisioned yet? It's just too hard to tell how. I'm pretty sure though that we will find a way.
God Got here, so we shall get there
To quote Piere-Simon Laplace when asked about the place of God in his description of the movement of planets.

“I Have No Need of that Hypothesis”
Ask Simon how nothing creates DNA in ponds
Simon was a mathematician. So I'll ask these people. Early replica.

If your argument is that science doesn't provide all the answers. I have to agree. On the other hand, science does make an honest attempt to find those answers.

The only thing God does is substituting "I don't know" with "I pretend to know". Only one of these things is a reliable path to finding actual answers.
And science says that nothing created everything, in violation of literally every scientific principle
Motto of Postmodern Science: IF IT'S WEIRD, IT'S WISE

But irrationality is what makes the goofy geeks go, "Wow! Cool!", so they're happy with kerflooey theories that will do that for them.

The key of space exploration is only through nanotechnology and AI that is very smart .
Humans are not design to travel the stars .
It will be done by nano ships that can create self replicating nano machines , build mini bases and cities , mine resources and most importantly can carry human DNA to manufacture humans in AI labs
Nope, we need huge ships 100 to 1000 or more times the size of a container ship. No need to go unusually fast as the occupants are now space dwellers that will adapt to space over hundreds or thousands of generations on the way to a new home.
It won’t be Star Trek lol

Forum List

Back