Why Haven't Obama's Policies Helped The Economy?

Not really. Wynn can claim he's a Democrat all he wants, but his history of pouring dump trucks of money on Republicans says otherwise.

So you think his claims are due to ideology and not what he's seen happening in business.

If that comforts you.

It's either from ideology or he's dumb as shit (since his claims are totally false). Take your pick.
I'd agree with you, if I shared your view that Obama's press releases define reality.

Try to tell those on the gulf in the oil and gas industry and everyone that stops at a gas station that Obama hasn't made it worse. Gas was under $2 a gallon before Obama

Daveman, I'm asking you specifically, why would you thank this retarded post?

It's intellectually valid to assume that, had Obama not grossly inflated the size of government, added a very expensive new entitlement, increased regulatory burdens, and set the stage for huge tax increases, the economy would be performing in a much healthier fashion.

Only a Koolaid drinking idiot would think that he made things better.

Ya know, there's not a whole lot on this board that amuses me more than kool-aid drinking idiots accusing anyone who disagrees with their ideological dogma of being kool-aid drinking idiots... In this case from one of the most biased, dogmatic members of the entire board.

Correction: Not necissarily the most dogmatic; but the most certain of yourself whilst being dogmatic.

You talk to others as if there's no debate to be had; You know the answer, and the only reason anyone could possibly disagree with you is that they don't know the answer.

Wrong. Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.

Yours is no better than mine or anyone else's, and you're certainly, by no stretch of the most fertile of imaginations, any less biased than I am.

Last edited:
Try to tell those on the gulf in the oil and gas industry and everyone that stops at a gas station that Obama hasn't made it worse. Gas was under $2 a gallon before Obama

Because it's not retarded.

Gas Price Historical Price Charts - GasBuddy.com Average&city2=&city3=&crude=n&tme=36&units=us

Click on 3 Years, then tell me what the price of gas was in January of '09.

Why have Obama's policies failed?? Easy. Government does not create wealth, but only redistributes it. Government has done nothing about jobs and the economy by transferring more money from the private sector to the public sector. All that happens is the private sector is left with even less money than before, and less capacity to create jobs. And the public sector is more dependent than ever on still more government money to complete projects that government never does well.

Most Americans probably understand that Obama's "jobs plan" has nothing new in it. What nobody is talking about, and this includes Republicans campaigning for President, is what the alternative should be. Logically, there can only be one alternative: Growth of the private sector. Can the government make the private sector grow? Of course not. What can government do, then? Get out of the way.

How can government get out of the way? By cutting or eliminating taxes, by privatizing as much of government operations as possible, by deregulating across the board, by repealing bad bills -- including everything passed in the last two years, for starters -- and by making it clear that, so far as the federal government is concerned, the business of America is business.

Get. Out. Of. The. Way. We'll do the rest.

Gas Price Historical Price Charts - GasBuddy.com Average&city2=&city3=&crude=n&tme=36&units=us

Nobody questions that gas was low...

So was the dow and about any other tradeable commodity... We were in the middle of an economic meltdown...

And surely you're not advocating that the government should manipulate the price of gas, are you? :eusa_eh:

Obama's programs have helped the economy. There are two reasons why they haven't helped enough, which is a different question:

1) He is not a dictator; and
2) He is too much the moderate Democrat to take the decisive, large-scale action that is needed even if he were a dictator

It's intellectually valid to assume that, had Obama not grossly inflated the size of government, added a very expensive new entitlement, increased regulatory burdens, and set the stage for huge tax increases, the economy would be performing in a much healthier fashion.

Ya know, there's not a whole lot on this board that amuses me more than kool-aid drinking idiots accusing anyone who disagrees with their ideological dogma of being kool-aid drinking idiots... In this case from one of the most biased, dogmatic members of the entire board.

Correction: Not necissarily the most dogmatic; but the most certain of yourself whilst being dogmatic.

You talk to others as if there's no debate to be had; You know the answer, and the only reason anyone could possibly disagree with you is that they don't know the answer.

Yours is no better than mine or anyone else's, and you're certainly, by no stretch of the most fertile of imaginations, any less biased than I am.

^^^ The heartbreak of Moral Relativism and Intellectual Bankruptcy on parade.

Being Correct is certainly far better than Being Wrong, although I doubt you've ever had the experience of the former.

So was the dow and about any other tradeable commodity... We were in the middle of an economic meltdown...

And surely you're not advocating that the government should manipulate the price of gas, are you? :eusa_eh:
The government shouldn't directly manipulate the market. But as numerous business owners have said, the government's policies and regulations can have a detrimental effect on the market.

But I suppose it's easier to just blame Bush, huh?

Oh, and why do you think Firehorse's post was retarded? Because it doesn't kiss Obama's ass?

Last edited:

^^^ The heartbreak of Moral Relativism and Intellectual Bankruptcy on parade.

Being Correct is certainly far better than Being Wrong, although I doubt you've ever had the experience of the former.

Well, that was deep.

The government shouldn't directly manipulate the market. But as numerous business owners have said, the government's policies and regulations can have a detrimental effect on the market.

But I suppose it's easier to just blame Bush, huh?

Oh, and why do you think Firehorse's post was retarded? Because it doesn't kiss Obama's ass?

Because Obama doesn't control the price of gas...

I expect better from you. Firehose or whatever is entitled to his opinion, but in this case it is worthless.

Obama's programs have helped the economy. There are two reasons why they haven't helped enough, which is a different question:

2) He is too much the moderate Democrat to take the decisive, large-scale action that is needed even if he were a dictator

You're a jackass

Of course FDR got to take cancerous large scale liberal action. It prolonged the Depression for 10 years and resulted in WW2 and 60 million dead.
It stands to reason, given the liberal IQ, that this would make FDR the greatest liberal!

There is a brainless chick that calls herself Truthmatters....ya'll ought to hook up, between the two of you ya might come up with an IQ point.

first of all I would like to say hello!
I've been reading through the treads on the is for a while, you all seem to know your stuff. I have a question that maybe someone here can answer for me.
I was watching the debate last Monday and heard Mr. Santorm say that he would lower the Corp tax rate to zero to help stimulate job growth.
Later I heard Mr. Gingrich game that GE, after the help of Green tax credits paid ZERO tax!!

so here's my question

How many jobs did they create?

Of course FDR got to take cancerous large scale liberal action. It prolonged the Depression for 10 years and resulted in WW2 and 60 million dead.
It stands to reason, given the liberal IQ, that this would make FDR the greatest liberal!

FDR: Tuskegee Experiments inspired Josef Mengele, presided over a completely Liberal economy worse than the 7 Biblical Lean Years, then goaded the Japanese into attacking us and interred the Japanese Americans

I think the bigger question is why is it the last time oil was $87.00 a barrell was gas 60-70 cents cheaper?

1) corporate costs, including taxes and raw material, are passed on to consumers. Corporations are tax collectors, not tax payers. A liberal can't understand this with his limited IQ.

2) reducing corporate taxes to zero would help economy since business could then focus on business rather than dodging taxes. GE has 1000 people wasting time and money preparing tax returns. Without that stupid liberal expense maybe GE could create more jobs here rather than in China

1) corporate costs, including taxes and raw material, are passed on to consumers. Corporations are tax collectors, not tax payers. A liberal can't understand this with his limited IQ.

2) reducing corporate taxes to zero would help economy since business could then focus on business rather than dodging taxes. GE has 1000 people wasting time and money preparing tax returns. Without that stupid liberal expense maybe GE could create more jobs here rather than in China

And another good reason for cutting and simplifying taxes (and laws & regulations):

"Every law that was ever written opened up a new way to graft."

- R.A. Heinlein

They made 5 billion dollars last year and that's after they paid those 1000 accountants.
isn't that enough?

I guess when they lower the rate to zero they can cut another 1000 jobs.

Republican logic strike again....

Forum List

Back