Why hasn't the media interviewed the owner of the shop Brown robbed

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
This has puzzled me for days now. I'm certain the police have interviewed him, but why hasn't the media ?
Has he went in hiding out of fear ?

With the 24/7 coverage of this story, it would seem logical that this guy would be interviewed, to find out what he said to Brown, what was Brown's attitude, what other words were possibly exchanged ?

A rookie cub reporter should have figured this out, the public wants to know, and new info could come from an interview. What the fuck is wrong with these people, not one of them has thought to go question this guy ?

This is simply bizarre.

If the guy is not available, at least mention that in your reporting for gods sake. Is there a gag order out ?

This just doesn't make damn bit of sense.

29qe0kg.jpg

I would imagine the shop owner would not be willing to be interviewed.

Imagine the flack he would catch if he did? He has to live in that neighborhood and run a business there. He doesn't need either side pissed off at him.

This has puzzled me for days now. I'm certain the police have interviewed him, but why hasn't the media ?
Has he went in hiding out of fear ?

With the 24/7 coverage of this story, it would seem logical that this guy would be interviewed, to find out what he said to Brown, what was Brown's attitude, what other words were possibly exchanged ?

A rookie cub reporter should have figured this out, the public wants to know, and new info could come from an interview. What the fuck is wrong with these people, not one of them has thought to go question this guy ?

This is simply bizarre.

If the guy is not available, at least mention that in your reporting for gods sake. Is there a gag order out ?

This just doesn't make damn bit of sense.
I've been wondering why we haven't seen any photos of Officer Wilson's face since the shooting took place. If his eye socket was fractured by Brown's punch as some are alleging, that is another bit of evidence that should have been released immediately.

Dispatch reporter who tweeted corroboration of Darren Wilson’s account suddenly ‘on leave’?

The clerk did give one interview. He said that he lived in fear of his customers murdering him and denied calling the police about the robbery. Snitches get stitches is a law of the jungle. It turned out that he didn't call the police it was another customer. I posted that interview a couple of days ago.

The guy probably doesn't want to talk to anyone.

I have no doubt that reporters have tried.

I disagree. Until I see something along the lines of "the owner could not be reached for comment," I must assume that no one has even attempted to do this.

It's certainly not the first major story reporters have completely failed to conduct obvious due diligence with.

I would imagine the shop owner would not be willing to be interviewed.

Imagine the flack he would catch if he did? He has to live in that neighborhood and run a business there. He doesn't need either side pissed off at him.

Snitches Get Stitches painted on the burned down Quik Trip

He has already been punished once, why would he go back for more?

The guy probably doesn't want to talk to anyone.

I have no doubt that reporters have tried.

Right, but then why hasn't it even been brought up ? Now of course, I haven't the time to monitor every bit of news involving this whole thing, but I've kept up on a lot of it, and I haven't heard one report if the guy won't talk, or he's left town, or whatever.
You would think the media would have the sense to continually remind viewers that they have been trying to reach the store owner.

As was reported in the Sunshine Request package: The officer who responded to the 911 call about the robbery got a short statement from another clerk on scene (Page 7 of linked) basically saying that the clerk [he strong armed] had told Brown that he needed to pay for the cigars when he handed them to Johnson. They said that Brown then helped himself to some more cigars, then went to leave. The clerk went to the front to lock the door until Brown paid for the cigars ~ and so forth as per the video.

The officer says he [later] returned to get witness statements from the two clerks, but neither were in the store and he'd left paperwork for them. (Page 8)

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2014/images/08/15/ferguson-police-report.pdf

(Edit oops)

Right, but then why hasn't it even been brought up ? Now of course, I haven't the time to monitor every bit of news involving this whole thing, but I've kept up on a lot of it, and I haven't heard one report if the guy won't talk, or he's left town, or whatever.

If he doesn't want to talk, why would they report that?

You would think the media would have the sense to continually remind viewers that they have been trying to reach the store owner.

What "sense" would that be? What purpose would it serve to constantly remind viewers that they're NOT going to have an interview with the store owner?

Why would they be part of this media circus and risk intimidation and death by groups like Black Panthers?

If he doesn't want to talk, why would they report that?

What "sense" would that be? What purpose would it serve to constantly remind viewers that they're NOT going to have an interview with the store owner?
In case you missed it, they burned his store down in the riots and spray painted 'snitches get stitches.'

They don't want to interview him, that would not fit their narrative

Considering how the cop and his family are in hiding, I wouldn't be too eager to be interviewed by the media if I were the shop owner.

In case you missed it, they burned his store down in the riots and spray painted 'snitches get stitches.'

They don't want to interview him, that would not fit their narrative

You know that the Quiktrip which burned (that may or may not be the same one that he allegedly robbed) was burned days before the surveillance footage showing the robbery was released?

Forum List

Back