Why has racism become politically and commercially acceptable?

Is there a way to discriminate without it being wrong as far as skin color goes ??
Good question for such a topic and, yes. Where historical patterns of institutional discrimination against minority classes become evident, the powerful majority is obliged to discriminate against itself until said evident patterns are eliminated. We'd obviously all prefer just being left TF alone. But as we've seen with COVID19, choosing not to carefully test, scientifically evaluate, and adjust isn't really an option.
This process allows for citizens to maintain individual rights while following the direction of the majority. It also allows for the citizens to make changes to the laws as society, the majorities, and the minorities change.
Change they will. Then comes payback time.. :whip:
Why do you take my post out of context ??
Why would the context make a difference?
Really ??? You didn't just ask that did you ?? Good grief. Context is everything, so to remove something from it's context is no good. It is a tactic used to often. Best to just quote the entire post if responding.
I respectfully disagree. It depends on the context.
YOUR exchange with beagle9 is literally the stupidest thing I have read today.

Maybe ever.

The GOVERNMENT here in KC is literally promoting apps that will direct you to ONLY black owned businesses. Now we have BOB, Black Owned Businesses.

When did this shit become acceptable again?

Can you imagine an app exclusively for white people and promoted by your local government?

Maybe I can promote my remodeling business based on my SKIN COLOR??? Nothing says qualification and quality like SKIN COLOR right?

Stupid......

You're right it's not fair. But I prefer this over government handouts to blacks. They still have to compete for your business.

I do agree with you on the part that government should not be promoting discrimination like this though. And I think you should be perfectly free to start a similar app for white businesses. Though I wouldn't use it personally.

What's wrong with the concept though is that black businesses in white areas are not disadvantaged, black businesses in poor black neighborhoods are because their customer base is disadvantaged. When you go to a black owned business in a suburban strip mall, they are no different than white owned businesses in the same location
I have NEVER sought out the race of a business I was involved with.
The thought of seeking to do business solely based on skin color is a slap in the face to race relations and all the progress we've made over the years. We are only further dividing our population with this kind of bullshit.
If you own a business you should not be forced to serve anybody you don't want to.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
The GOVERNMENT here in KC is literally promoting apps that will direct you to ONLY black owned businesses. Now we have BOB, Black Owned Businesses.

Can you imagine an app exclusively for white people and promoted by your local government?

Maybe I can promote my remodeling business based on my SKIN COLOR??? Nothing says qualification and quality like SKIN COLOR right?

Stupid......

You're right it's not fair. But I prefer this over government handouts to blacks. They still have to compete for your business.

I do agree with you on the part that government should not be promoting discrimination like this though. And I think you should be perfectly free to start a similar app for white businesses. Though I wouldn't use it personally.

What's wrong with the concept though is that black businesses in white areas are not disadvantaged, black businesses in poor black neighborhoods are because their customer base is disadvantaged. When you go to a black owned business in a suburban strip mall, they are no different than white owned businesses in the same location
The thought of seeking to do business solely based on skin color is a slap in the face to race relations and all the progress we've made over the years. We are only further dividing our population with this kind of bullshit.
If you own a business you should not be forced to serve anybody you don't want to.
Not sure what that has to do with this but I agree.

Now let me address the OP.

First off Kansas City has had a Black Chamber of Commerce for decades. Why? Because whites didn't let blacks into the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce. So this means the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce was the white chamber of commerce. Now as to the whining about doing business based on race, it's time just like in every matter of race in this country, for whites to stop the fucking lying about how you don't consider race.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are 2.6 million Black-owned business in the United States, compared to 22.6 million white-owned businesses. Blacks/African Americans, who make up more than 13% of the U.S. population, only own about 7% of all the businesses in the country, and generate only about 0.5% of total receipts.

While much is made about foreign trade deficits, Americans face internal trade deficits of our own making. Why does this deficit exist? Partly due to the fact that whites do consider race when they do business.
I would consider the quality and the cost of what I was getting back. However, there are probably groups who do business with themselves as to keep the money in a smaller group. Even if they pay a little more.

First off Kansas City has had a Black Chamber of Commerce for decades. Why? Because whites didn't let blacks into the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce. So this means the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce was the white chamber of commerce. Now as to the whining about doing business based on race, it's time just like in every matter of race in this country, for whites to stop the fucking lying about how you don't consider race.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are 2.6 million Black-owned business in the United States, compared to 22.6 million white-owned businesses. Blacks/African Americans, who make up more than 13% of the U.S. population, only own about 7% of all the businesses in the country, and generate only about 0.5% of total receipts.

While much is made about foreign trade deficits, Americans face internal trade deficits of our own making. Why does this deficit exist? Partly due to the fact that whites do consider race when they do business.
Bullcrap, and as far as that other bullcrap you spewed, we should have completely assimilated everyone by now, but something tells me that the blacks you speak of, well they like their independent segregation in which they enjoy so much. Has nothing to do with the alledged white's unexceptance of Black's today. Gotta keep it alive don't you ??

Last edited:
I sure would love to see an example of government promoting this BOB stuff as alleged by the OP..
Government allowing totally black owned businesses with a fully staffed black labor force should be illegal. It's illegal for white's to promote anything by color or race when using the color white, and the same should be for Black's. Double standards should never be promoted or funded by the United States government (i.e. the feds).

Stupid......

Uh can't agree brother... If I walk into a black owned business as an American with money in my pocket, and I am seeking to purchase a product from the business, and it attempts to not serve me because of my skin color, then they should be fined, and maybe even shut down depending on the situation. Of course my pants would be up in my hips where they are supposed to be, and I wouldn't be cursing and carrying on in a disrespectful way. Just saying.

If a person is bad, and the owner has an issue with a person's bad character that is coupled with bad actions taken, then yes that owner should be able to ask the person to leave. If doesn't, then the police should be called.

All people consider race in all sorts of situations, doesn't make them a racist.
It's funny how some will try denying racism when racism is a factor.

I sure would love to see an example of government promoting this BOB stuff as alleged by the OP..
Government allowing totally black owned businesses with a fully staffed black labor force should be illegal. It's illegal for white's to promote anything by color or race when using the color white, and the same should be for Black's. Double standards should never be promoted or funded by the United States government (i.e. the feds).
Government is not doing that. There is no double standard in this regard. Whites were and are the main ones using race to deny others. So if you want to go work in a company in the hood, there is nothing stopping you.

Except your own racism.

So until blacks have the same record of racist exclusion as whites have, stop looking for racism that does not exist.

Stupid......

Uh can't agree brother... If I walk into a black owned business as an American with money in my pocket, and I am seeking to purchase a product from the business, and it attempts to not serve me because of my skin color, then they should be fined, and maybe even shut down depending on the situation. Of course my pants would be up in my hips where they are supposed to be, and I wouldn't be cursing and carrying on in a disrespectful way. Just saying.

If a person is bad, and the owner has an issue with a person's bad character that is coupled with bad actions taken, then yes that owner should be able to ask the person to leave. If doesn't, then the police should be called.

That's ridiculous. That money is involved doesn't mean our due process rights are waived.

Get off your lazy ass and go to their competitor across the street who wants your money.

And the odds of that happening are virtually zero. Even the Montgomery Bus Company in Alabama in the 50s ... OPPOSED ... Jim Crow laws that made their best customers move to the back or stand.

You waive people's rights, give government massive power in the ridiculous attempt to fix a problem that doesn't exist. Why aren't you a Democrat?

What you are arguing is that exchanging money means we are slave to government. At the point of a gun, they can force us into involuntary servitude. It's not your business, it's not the government's business, it's the owner's business.

You have no more legitimate right to force me to sell you a bag of chips as you do to borrow my car. My business, my car ...

All people consider race in all sorts of situations, doesn't make them a racist.
Is it racism to vote for someone based on race?

Government is not doing that. There is no double standard in this regard. Whites were and are the main ones using race to deny others. So if you want to go work in a company in the hood, there is nothing stopping you.

Except your own racism.

So until blacks have the same record of racist exclusion as whites have, stop looking for racism that does not exist.
I know of black owned companies right now who only work black or brown skinned people. Now why is this one wonders ???

Why is it legal to do if white's can't do it also ??

Stupid......

Awwwww. How sad for you.

Stupid......

That's ridiculous. That money is involved doesn't mean our due process rights are waived.

Get off your lazy ass and go to their competitor across the street who wants your money.

And the odds of that happening are virtually zero. Even the Montgomery Bus Company in Alabama in the 50s ... OPPOSED ... Jim Crow laws that made their best customers move to the back or stand.

You waive people's rights, give government massive power in the ridiculous attempt to fix a problem that doesn't exist. Why aren't you a Democrat?

What you are arguing is that exchanging money means we are slave to government. At the point of a gun, they can force us into involuntary servitude. It's not your business, it's not the government's business, it's the owner's business.

You have no more legitimate right to force me to sell you a bag of chips as you do to borrow my car. My business, my car ...
Bullcrap I don't you crazy person... If I come into your black owned store, and I lay a bag of chips on your counter to purchase, and you refuse me based upon my skin color, then you should and would be fined in violation of the same civil rights laws that represent blacks in America. You can't be this stupid can you ?? I hope you just misunderstood my post maybe, because in the past you seemed smarter than this. Maybe it's not your topic/expertise or something ?

Stupid......

You sell fried chicken, lottery tickets and liquor in a black neighborhood and customers won’t care what color the owner is.

• Thanks
R

Is it racism to vote for someone based on race?
Depends on the reason ones race plays a role in it, otherwise for any said person's thinking on such a thing. I can't see anywhere that suggest one's race should ever be a factor when voting for anyone, but we know it happens, and it will keep happening due to human nature I guess.

Except your own racism.

I know of black owned companies right now who only work black or brown skinned people. Now why is this one wonders ???

Why is it legal to do if white's can't do it also ??
Lol! You racists are always looking to try finding it else where. Go into the hood and apply for a job instead trying to argue based on a false assumption. .

Stupid......

Bullcrap I don't you crazy person... If I come into your black owned store, and I lay a bag of chips on your counter to purchase, and you refuse me based upon my skin color, then you should and would be fined in violation of the same civil rights laws that represent blacks in America. You can't be this stupid can you ?? I hope you just misunderstood my post maybe, because in the past you seemed smarter than this. Maybe it's not your topic/expertise or something ?
That doesn't happen. Rest assured that if you ever decided to shop in a black business nobody's going to not take your money.

• Thanks
I find this conversation hilarious. Take your racist asses into the black community and do business instead of crying about a website advertising businesses you never use. We all know why blacks businesses are called that and just because whites quit putting no blacks allowed signs in there businesses it doesn't mean that whites don't consider their businesses white owned businesses. Drop the amnesia folks.

Forum List

Back