What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why God is Unknowable Unless He Reveals Himself

Blues Man

Gold Member
Reaction score
But in the OT it was god seeking out humans to give his message to.

So why just pick a couple people to talk to?
Again, what if your beginning premise is not correct? God's call is for everyone. Why do only a couple of people seek to hear and to respond back?
god does not speak directly to everyone as he did to some people in the bible. God initiated those conversations with the men he spoke to I didn't see where those men were seeking to speak to God

In fact most people including many Christians would say a person who claims god is speaking directly to him might be crazy.

So why is it that people who say that God spoke to them thousands of years ago weren't considered crazy?

These are some of the reasons i find religion interesting.

Meriweather

Not all who wander are lost
Reaction score
god does not speak directly to everyone as he did to some people in the bible. God initiated those conversations with the men he spoke to I didn't see where those men were seeking to speak to God

In fact most people including many Christians would say a person who claims god is speaking directly to him might be crazy.

So why is it that people who say that God spoke to them thousands of years ago weren't considered crazy?
You begin with the premise that 'spoke' was a literal voice. If we know this, then our ancestors were also well aware of this. However, they were intelligent enough to understand the metaphor. I am betting you can find many people today who could tell you a story of a time God spoke to them without them hearing a single sound.

Blues Man

Gold Member
Reaction score
I prefer to know not merely believe.
Then why don't you know?
I know I have no use for gods and that I wouldn't change the way i live even if there were proof that gods exist.

Like I said I don't think it matters how we got here. What matters is how we as conscious beings act for the short time we are here.

OP
Death Angel

Death Angel

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The thing is there are millions of people who don't believe in your god that live what can be described as a righteous life.
According to the Bible, non-Christians will be judged at the "Great white throne judgment". Christians avoid that judgment by virtue of them being a follower of Christ. Non-believers will be required to pay for their sins but can thereafter reach Heaven and eternal life. Many others will be destroyed, meaning they will cease to exist, or at least that is my understanding. I don't believe that people go to Hell, which is a place that is currently empty of residents and which was created for Satan and his angels.
Mostly agree with this.

The wicked will become ASHES under the feet of the righteous.

Meriweather

Not all who wander are lost
Reaction score
I know I have no use for gods and that I wouldn't change the way i live even if there were proof that gods exist.

Like I said I don't think it matters how we got here. What matters is how we as conscious beings act for the short time we are here.
Same could be said about our parents.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List