Why, exactly, are we closing these embassies in the middle East?

Hawk -

In the name of god, man...it is precisely because the authorities cannot know the exact nature of the attack that they cannot simply "beef up security". It's not rocket science, this, you know.

President Obama and Secretary of State Kerry do not want another Benghazi attack killing another ambassador to blight their future plans.

The last time we went isolationist, WWII broke out. It's a no-win situation either way, imho.

Not that it would matter with the Press mum on the most egregious of issues but full of information that baits the loyal opposition into winless arguments. :evil:

totally. and they know they are powerless to prevent it. the middle east has blown up in obama's face. he has lost all control over there. both sides of the coin over there hate him now. his failed policies have put an even bigger target on the backs of american citizens. and now the democrats want ot run hilary , who is every bit as much a part of the problem.

Severing diplomatic relations with the country and closing the embassy is an entirely different senario.

I chose that example deliberately - embassies are closed for many reasons, policies dating back at least a century.

There is nothing new in this, and it's been done as often by GOP Presidents as Democrats.

Remember the US Embassy in Jakarta being attacked? Nairobi?

Wouldn't it have been better to have closed them first?

you left out benghazi

I say cut NSA funds now!

All they hear is generalized 'chatter' and can't even pinpoint a specific threat.

What a ton of horseshit this is!!!

To bad they didn't close Benghazi and pull out like the Brits and RC did.

I'm sure the families of the four dead men would have approved.

To bad they didn't close Benghazi and pull out like the Brits and RC did.

I'm sure the families of the four dead men would have approved.

True - but posters on this board would have been hysterical with rage.

It's one of the great gifts of not being in power - you can attack a government both for closing an embassy, and for not closing an embassy, and not see any contradiction in doing so.

Forum List

Back