why don't traffic lights coincide?

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
..anywhere I go in my city, most of the traffic lights do not coincide or whatever you call it
..I know of only one street where they do...every time I'm on it, I go for about 3 or 4 miles and past many traffic lights--all green
..on the other streets it's stop and go stop and go

The amount of fuel wasted and pollution created by non-synchronized lights is a disgrace. It can also be dangerous. I have an intersection near my house where the non-sychronized lights actually create dangerous backups where cars constantly end up blocking the intersection.

The amount of fuel wasted and pollution created by non-synchronized lights is a disgrace. It can also be dangerous. I have an intersection near my house where the non-sychronized lights actually create dangerous backups where cars constantly end up blocking the intersection.
same here ...

the main roads should be coinciding, at least
then we have lights at streets where there is hardly any traffic
...then another light that goes to the city's street dept--so after 5 pm or so, there are zero cars there--but the light still keeps going to red---so we have to stop for no one !!

..anywhere I go in my city, most of the traffic lights do not coincide or whatever you call it
..I know of only one street where they do...every time I'm on it, I go for about 3 or 4 miles and past many traffic lights--all green

On Ventura Blvd. in the San Fernando Valley (Woodland Hills, Canoga Park, Tarzana, Encino, Sherman Oaks, etc.), if you catch a green light, do the speed limit, and there aren't too many stupid people on the road, you can drive for miles without catching a red. At least it used to be possible... This was/is true of many of the major east-west roads in the Valley...

On Ventura Blvd. in the San Fernando Valley (Woodland Hills, Canoga Park, Tarzana, Encino, Sherman Oaks, etc.), if you catch a green light, do the speed limit, and there aren't too many stupid people on the road, you can drive for miles without catching a red. At least it used to be possible... This was/is true of many of the major east-west roads in the Valley...
I would hope some city would be doing it right

Go ahead and blame black people.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

You are assigning far more intelligence to politicians and public officials than they deserve to assume they can actually organize the communities enough to coordinate lights and traffic by letting them all communicate with each other! Why, many townships fight over whose responsibility it is just to pave a whole road.

The timing of lights is differently scheduled during various times of day, and serves dual purposes.

Lights that don't coincide are timed that way to slow traffic.

Take for example the west side highway in Manhattan. At 5:00 PM, you'll end up stopping at a light every two intersections.

At 1:00 AM, you can make it from Canal to 42nd Street without hitting a red light.

Yeah it's because you aren't going the posted speed limit.

You go the posted speed limit, voila you find the lights actually are synchronized and set to facilitate flow of traffic..at the posted speed.

Go ahead and blame black people.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

I don't blame black people because the lights are synchronized.

I blame black people for whining about it because they're too stupid to figure out you have to go the speed limit.

...at one stoplight in the early morning, I don't even get through the intersection when the light turns to yellow....so only one car can make it through
...of course it's that way for the early morning traffic---but I barely make it through before it turns red

Not from you. You see when I quote a poster I am adressing that poster, not some idiot.

Billie, Billie, Billie don't be so silly... This is a message board... Communicating with the members is what it is all about... Notice the word member is plural, members... You could possibly use the PM (private message) feature if you are intimidated by the group dynamic... Anyway best of luck to you...

Forum List

Back