Zone1 Why Doesn't God Speak Audibly Today Like He Did In The Bible?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I was just wondering this question. I've been really yearning to hear God's voice and I'm thinking that I'm just not special enough. I believe wholeheartedly that He's real (I don't even think about it anymore or doubt it) but I guess in the back of my mind that would sort of be proof of it besides just being really, really cool. So maybe that's why He doesn't audibly speak to me as He already knows that I'm just looking for confirmation that I don't need since I have my faith.

When I was awashed in the Holy Spririt as a teen I experienced what you are seeking. All I can say is to keep seeking it through prayer and scripture study. Many Pastors I have met have never experinced what I and others have including their own wives and other relatives. My hope is one day you will experince it and we can discuss it. 🙂

I was just wondering this question. I've been really yearning to hear God's voice and I'm thinking that I'm just not special enough. I believe wholeheartedly that He's real (I don't even think about it anymore or doubt it) but I guess in the back of my mind that would sort of be proof of it besides just being really, really cool. So maybe that's why He doesn't audibly speak to me as He already knows that I'm just looking for confirmation that I don't need since I have my faith.
He speaks to us thru the Holy Spirit.

Why should he? When he did, the people still disobeyed him.

He does speak to people today. Just interview schizophrenics not on their medication. According to a portion of them, he tells them to kill themselves or others.

Gideon said the exact same thing....

Then God kinda wore him out....
It wasn't pleasant....sure he was a "hero" but.....killing that many people is exhausting.

I used to think the same thing, probably could have written your post here myself. But after following Jesus and being in His Church for X number of years (never left, though), I did begin to hear from... well, I say some of what I heard while in prayer was from God. I didn't believe every word that came to me because the devil can whisper in our ears also and does all the time, so as to cause us to stumble any way he can, but there have been things I have heard that I am 99% certain were from God. They had to do with my personal life and things I was "worried" about, felt I needed an answer for.. you know.. as to what God's will is, not my own.. I was shocked God would speak to me.. esp since I always or often thought He was totally ignoring me...

Did Santa Claus Speak to You When You Believed in Him?

Forum List

Back