Why Does The SB Halftime Have To Be Singing And Dancing.....Why Not Standup Comedy

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
I think everyone's getting fed up with these Satanic singing and dance numbers we're subjected to every year at the Super Bowl.
My idea of a great halftime would be Jim Gaffigan doing a 15-20 min standup routine.
That would be worth watching.
All you'd need is a stage....a microphone and some lighting.
That's entertainment.

I think everyone's getting fed up with these Satanic singing and dance numbers we're subjected to every year at the Super Bowl.
My idea of a great halftime would be Jim Gaffigan doing a 15-20 min standup routine.
That's entertainment.

A good comedian will offend someone. Bad idea.

That's entertainment.

You guys would complain regardless.

That's entertainment.

Imagine Chris Rock makes fun of Ndamukong Suh's wife

wt_suh031122_1600.jpg

That's entertainment.

I'd prefer one or two of the best US marching bands but my Boy did percussion so I am biased.

Why does there have to be a “Halftime Show” at the Super Bowl to begin with?

It should be the same 15 minute halftime as every other NFL game played during the course of the season, then get back to the game. Likewise, the extended commercial breaks need to be reduced to the same as every other game.

If I have the game on its to watch the GANE, not commercials or halftime shows.

The idea of having a comedian is dumb. 70,000 people listening to spoken word when the delivery counts? Nope.

I don't really know that I've ever cared about the halftime show of a super bowl anymore than I have cared about the ProBowl or Mock Drafts. The only reason I'm aware of them is because the NFL has advertised them. Advertisement is an endorsement of course so, like any other product, when it is advertised, you're getting the alleged best qualities highlighted. In this case Rihanna (I had to look up her name to spell it correctly--by the way congrats to her on her pregnancy).

Football is a game that is wildly popular but outside of a select few instances, the NFL and NCAA has been unsuccessful in marrying the popularity with companion features. The pro-bowl has become pathetic...what was it this year; flag football? The halftime shows at the Super Bowl would go unnoticed by much of the casual fans and dare I say football enthusiasts if they were not advertised. The NFL draft has become a spectacle for whatever reason and I get the feeling the NFL is trying to catch lightning in a bottle once again. SIDEBAR: I Loved it a few years ago when they would be showing the various teams' war rooms around the league but since Covid happened, they couldn't...at one point they cut to Bill Belichick sitting in his kitchen

patriots-head-coach-bill-belichick-nfl-draft-war-room-nantucket-1587699182.jpg

This is actually the NFL at work right here...all of the glitz and glamour is just added on for the effect of the fans..sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't. I don't think it works for the ProBowl or the Halftime shows.

So, what do you do with the show? Here is my idea. Take an all-star team from the HBCU drum corps/bands and let them put on a show.

• None of the kids who perform would ever forget it.
  • None of their families would ever forget it
  • There wouldn't be this sad exercise every year of folks like the OP feigning outrage at whatever took place on stage
  • The occasional real-life embarrassing thing done by the performers would likely not happen
  • And, if it didn't do all of the above...it would do something completely out of character for the NFL..it would be a nice thing to do with no expectation of good press in return. For 30 minutes in a season already a month two long (and growing), the NFL doesn't try to squeeze every last penny out of their media deal. They are not a corporation...they don't have stock holders...and they can do this and just be done with it.

That's entertainment.

Well, A) Gaffigan isn't really all that funny. B) The Superbowl is a corporate event. Businesses, families, little children. So unless you're going to make it a Rated G show, it would be a huge waste of time and money.

I would prefer marching bands and cheer leaders doing the halftime show. With cheer leaders maybe trying for a world record for a human pyramid I have seen marching bands that put on a heck of a show.

That's entertainment.

Would the comedians lip sync too??

Well, A) Gaffigan isn't really all that funny.
Dunno, Jack, the guy seemed funny enough to me and the room where the video was shot was in tears laughing! Maybe the problem is that hole in your head, the brains that fell out, and the fact that you just don't know what funny is being the delicate communist snowflake gaslighter you are. Maybe you think Stalin is funny!

B) The Superbowl is a corporate event. Businesses, families, little children.
Gee, and here I thought it was a SPORTING event, for the players who play and the fans who support it buying tickets to games. How does a corporation watch a game anyway? Aren't corporations just more people?

So unless you're going to make it a Rated G show,
It USED to be a G event before the pervs like you took over. I mean, like you just said Jack, FAMILIES and LITTLE CHILDREN. Only a soulless deviant communist moron would want their little kids watching half-naked women gyrating grabbing their crouches. I vote for a return to a wholesome Rated G program. I mean, since when are sporting events RATED R or RATED X?

it would be a huge waste of time and money.
I think your birth was a huge waste of time and money--- perhaps you might do better converted to a few pounds of Soylent Green? Then we could send you as war aid to help feed a few starving Ukrainians.

Why does there have to be a “Halftime Show” at the Super Bowl to begin with?

It should be the same 15 minute halftime as every other NFL game played during the course of the season, then get back to the game. Likewise, the extended commercial breaks need to be reduced to the same as every other game.

If I have the game on its to watch the GANE, not commercials or halftime shows.
Nailed it.

Makes you wonder if a shorter halftime would have prevented Mahomes from "healing" from his injury all of a sudden and returning.

Well, A) Gaffigan isn't really all that funny. B) The Superbowl is a corporate event. Businesses, families, little children. So unless you're going to make it a Rated G show, it would be a huge waste of time and money.
Gaffigan is very funny....and his show is G Rated.
I guess you have to say fuck a lot to be funny to some.

Forum List

Back