Why Does The Media Think A Muslim President Would Be Okay, But A Mormon? No Way!!!

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
I'm just wondering why there is this fear in the media of a person of religion being president but you can't say that you don't want a Muslim in the White House?

I remember the way Mitt Romney's religion was made fun of for years. Why is the liberal media all of the sudden pushing this "We love Muslims" bullshit?

Could it be because Obama is bringing into this country close to 200,000 of them next year, or is this all just paving the way for his coming out about his true religion?

This is just another example of the double-standards in this country. We have to love our enemies and hate our friends. That seems to be the message here.

I tihnk you are a little confused.

No one asked Romney if he really thought if dark skin was a curse from God, if Native Americans descended from Israelites who arrived in submarines, if he was going to rule a planet in the afterlife, or any of the other crazy things Mormons believe.

They should have. If most Americans were aware of what Mormons believe, they never would want one near the nukes.

Of course, Romney could have worshiped Dread C'Thulhu and people like you would have voted for him.

lovecraft__s_c__thulhu_by_mukki_tadi-d4ypf16.jpg

Sane Person "Romney's released the Great Old Ones!!! The World is DOOMED!!!"

Muddy: "But at least we got that n****r out of the White House!!!"

American liberals hate their own culture, so they detest the dominate religion, and naturally are drawn to outside cultures and the accompanying religions.

The left is terrified of having a Christian in the White House, that we know for sure. A Muslim though, they know will work to destroy this country, which is why they would support one.

It is all made up outrage designed to silence any dissenting opinions. The media is very good at this...and sadly many Americans are fooled yet again.

American liberals hate their own culture, so they detest the dominate religion, and naturally are drawn to outside cultures and the accompanying religions.
I don't think it's just that. I think because we have so much Islamic influence over the White House and Congress, they are actively trying to make Islam into a martyr rather than the threat it really is. Islam seems to be the only religion allowed to be held in a positive light.

I would like to see a polytheistic Pagan president. Unfortunately, Christianity appeals to the masses...​

It is all made up outrage designed to silence any dissenting opinions. The media is very good at this...and sadly many Americans are fooled yet again.

No, the problem is that after 40 years of appealing to greed, bigotry and religious fanaticism, the GOP is getting EXACTLY the candidates it deserves.

Don't worry. The grown ups will step in next spring and make Jeb Bush your nominee, and you will all get behind him until he loses.

After he loses, you will whine again about how you didn't have a "real conservative" to vote for.

No, the problem is that after 40 years of appealing to greed, bigotry and religious fanaticism, the GOP is getting EXACTLY the candidates it deserves.

Don't worry. The grown ups will step in next spring and make Jeb Bush your nominee, and you will all get behind him until he loses.

After he loses, you will whine again about how you didn't have a "real conservative" to vote for.
Geeze Joey when are you going to grow up...and put on big boy pants?

You still cling to your mistaken belief that the Ds are different from the Rs...even though decades of evidence proves you wrong.

Partisans...they're nuts.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
I'm just wondering why there is this fear in the media of a person of religion being president but you can't say that you don't want a Muslim in the White House?

I remember the way Mitt Romney's religion was made fun of for years. Why is the liberal media all of the sudden pushing this "We love Muslims" bullshit?

Could it be because Obama is bringing into this country close to 200,000 of them next year, or is this all just paving the way for his coming out about his true religion?

This is just another example of the double-standards in this country. We have to love our enemies and hate our friends. That seems to be the message here.

I still can't figure out why there is a problem with Mitt being a Mormon, but not Harry Reid.

Mormonism isn't the dominate religion, and the fact that a major political party nominated a Mormon shows that it gets treated a lot better than Islam would be in the same circumstances.

I agree that Mormonism is a batshit crazy religion, but as wacky as it is, the followers don't pose a threat to anyone, are not lead to violence by their religion.
Islam on the other hand, has 1400 years of history proving that its followers are violent. Every country in the world that is under Islamic rule is either a warzone, or a totalitarian state with no freedom. But evidently progressives like to ignore the facts and pretend that Christians are "just as bad" as Muslims.

I still can't figure out why there is a problem with Mitt being a Mormon, but not Harry Reid.

One has a (D) the other has an (R)

Geeze Joey when are you going to grow up...and put on big boy pants?

You still cling to your mistaken belief that the Ds are different from the Rs...even though decades of evidence proves you wrong.

Partisans...they're nuts.

From your lips to God's hears. In most ways, they are the different sides of the same coin.

Mormonism isn't the dominate religion, and the fact that a major political party nominated a Mormon shows that it gets treated a lot better than Islam would be in the same circumstances.

Considering current global circumstances, what reasons can you name for treating Islam well? Since Islam is diametrically opposed to the US Constitution, why would a Muslim even be considered to run a nation based upon it?

Folks in the GOP had a problem with Mitt's Mormonism as well. Look no further than the evangelical voting bloc. They believe his faith is nothing more than a cult.

Forum List

Back