Why does Creationist view cause a problem as Sec of the Army?

OldLady

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2015
Trump wants Mark Green for Secretary of the Army. There's a real issue there because he is a Creationist and because he said psychiatrists consider transgenderism a disease.

Are those actual issues as secretary of the Army? I'm really asking. I don't see how those views have anything to do with the position.

Trump Army secretary pick gave a lecture arguing against the theory of evolution - CNNPolitics.com

So many libtards equate 'Creationism' to 'Young Earth Creationism' when they are different things. Young Earth Creationism is a subgroup of Creationism that also includes Old Earth Creationism and that also includes Theistic Evolution.

And you ask a good question, What does him not believing in evolution have to do with his job as Secretary of the Army?

It seems to be just another excuse to delay a Trump appointee.

Trump wants Mark Green for Secretary of the Army. There's a real issue there because he is a Creationist and because he said psychiatrists consider transgenderism a disease.

Are those actual issues as secretary of the Army? I'm really asking. I don't see how those views have anything to do with the position.

Trump Army secretary pick gave a lecture arguing against the theory of evolution - CNNPolitics.com

So many libtards equate 'Creationism' to 'Young Earth Creationism' when they are different things. Young Earth Creationism is a subgroup of Creationism that also includes Old Earth Creationism and that also includes Theistic Evolution.

And you ask a good question, What does him not believing in evolution have to do with his job as Secretary of the Army?

It seems to be just another excuse to delay a Trump appointee.
You might be right.

I don't see how personal feelings matter. Unless they let them dictate their job, that is.
I may be wrong, but it seems to me not a lot of transgender individuals are going to joining the Army. I know, I know there was one. But I can't see it being a big attraction. Hostility toward LGBT's which might affect policy or something is the only thing I can think of that would be an actual possibility. But whether you believe in evolution? Really? Must be like Jim says, an excuse to slow things down.

I don't see how personal feelings matter. Unless they let them dictate their job, that is.
I may be wrong, but it seems to me not a lot of transgender individuals are going to joining the Army. I know, I know there was one. But I can't see it being a big attraction. Hostility toward LGBT's which might affect policy or something is the only thing I can think of that would be an actual possibility. But whether you believe in evolution? Really? Must be like Jim says, an excuse to slow things down.
You make a darn good point about the transgender part!

images

So how are his morals any less than those of the 'Scientific Creationist Atheists' who don't believe in God yet believe the universe magically appeared approximately 15 billion years ago?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

If his priorities lie in a magical next life, and he'll put those ahead of real issues affecting his charges or our country, then that's a problem.
You're talking about 80+ percent of this country with the magical next life thing. Must everyone be an atheist? I do NOT want this thread to go there. I should have guessed it would. My real interest is in WHY it matters. I don't think the Christian belief in heaven hell thing is a sensible answer. We are predominantly a Christian country.

If his priorities lie in a magical next life, and he'll put those ahead of real issues affecting his charges or our country, then that's a problem.
Its a personal belief. You cant prove god doesn't exist. And he cant prove he does.

I can act on real, proven information. Dubya said part of the reason he wanted to invade Iraq is that God asked him to. If he's not bullshitting, then that's terrifying.

Its a personal belief. You cant prove god doesn't exist. And he cant prove he does.

I can act on real, proven information. Dubya said part of the reason he wanted to invade Iraq is that God asked him to. If he's not bullshitting, then that's terrifying.
That doesn't mean he wont, man.
That is terrifying, absolutely.
IDK I just don't think its fair to automatically disqualify someone because they aren't part of your collective.

You're talking about 80+ percent of this country with the magical next life thing. Must everyone be an atheist? I do NOT want this thread to go there. I should have guessed it would. My real interest is in WHY it matters. I don't think the Christian belief in heaven hell thing is a sensible answer. We are predominantly a Christian country.
A far smaller percentage of the country are creationists. If he operates objectively, doing his job according to data and professional information that he's given, then great.

That doesn't mean he wont, man.
That is terrifying, absolutely.
IDK I just don't think its fair to automatically disqualify someone because they aren't part of your collective.
I didn't disqualify him. I just described the line between his religious views being a problem, and them not being a problem.

If one can separate one's public duties from private belief without compromising his moral center, then approve him as Secretary of the Army. I would ask the same question of an atheist.

Are those actual issues as secretary of the Army?
The specific matter that Green is a Creationist is not a problem. The fact that as the whatever type of Creationist he is, and he's clearly not an Evolutionary Creationist, he must necessarily reject, misapply or misunderstand the notion of falsifiability is a problem for it shows there is a huge gap in his understanding of the scientific method, a gap that by its mere existence necessarily means his analytical skills are "so-so" at best.
The issue isn't as much that the SecArmy will perform science, per se, but rather that the concepts and application of the scientific method are part and parcel of rational thought, analysis and decision making of any sort. Although voters can and clearly have installed as POTUS a man of meager cognitive aptitude, mediocrity in that regard is not what we need in anyone who serves as an appointed principal, most especially seeing as the "brains" at the top are not exactly "cooking with gas."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back