Why do women only play best of three sets in tennis? Men play best of five. How cute.

Is it because they are just so much more physically less able than men to play best of five? What I am just a bit surprised about is how not one burly woman has ever been utterly offended by such an insult.

Are women insulted by that? Should metoo women be offended by that? Based on everything they yell and scream about (you know how they are physically equal to women in every way) shouldn't they be offended by that?

Hmmmm?
If a woman play longer than 3 sets they start to cramp up and cry. I believe that if women want the same pay as men, then they do the same work as men. Pro golfers, women should play from the same place as the men do(watch their scores go up to just below par). Women play 5 sets during the majors, watch them crawl on the ground because they cant move anymore. I would pay good money to see the frustrations of those women who bitch about equal pay, then not do what a man does.
It all comes down to money

Women’s tennis is a good draw with devoted fans

Women do better in gymnastics and skating than men do

We are well enroute to a police state to prove equality. Just walked past another surveillance business with warnings. Turn on zee ovens rightwinger....I vill.. I vill...From gerber baby food to boomhauer...the lake of fire!

Is it because they are just so much more physically less able than men to play best of five? What I am just a bit surprised about is how not one burly woman has ever been utterly offended by such an insult.

Are women insulted by that? Should metoo women be offended by that? Based on everything they yell and scream about (you know how they are physically equal to women in every way) shouldn't they be offended by that?

Hmmmm?

Many years ago women did play 3 out of 5 sets for a while, and it was discontinued. I think it was a problem with conditioning. Today's women are in great physical shape and should be able to go 5 sets. Martina Navratilova was the first woman to seriously work out in the gym and she jokingly said that she would never lose a 5 set match.

We are well enroute to a police state to prove equality. Just walked past another surveillance business with warnings. Turn on zee ovens rightwinger....I vill.. I vill...From gerber baby food to boomhauer...the lake of fire!
WTF are you ranting about???

Hmmmm?

Many years ago women did play 3 out of 5 sets for a while, and it was discontinued. I think it was a problem with conditioning. Today's women are in great physical shape and should be able to go 5 sets. Martina Navratilova was the first woman to seriously work out in the gym and she jokingly said that she would never lose a 5 set match.

She actually beat Chris Evert in a best of 5, although it only took her 3 sets.

1984 Virginia Slims Championships – Singles - Howling Pixel

Hmmmm?

Navratilova was a man

There are a number of possible reasons that men play best of 5 while women play best of 3.

To start with, it's only true during the Grand Slam matches. The men apparently play best of 3 any other time.

There have been a couple of periods during which women were able to play best of 5 matches. From what I've read, most of the decisions for abandoning that came from men.

There's tradition, there's scheduling, there's a question about whether fans actually want it, and it may be that men's games tend to be shorter, meaning that their best of 5 matches would be shorter than women's best of 5 on average. I don't know if that latter point is true, but it sounds possible, considering men generally hit harder which could lead to more aces and shorter volleys.
Who watches men's tennis, and if they do, what sort of fruitcake would watch any of the other tennis matches other than the grand slam events?

1. What does it matter? The point is that professional men's tennis players only play best of five in the Grand Slam singles, not in any other play. The men are not limited to Grand Slam matches; they often play plenty of other matches throughout the year.
2. I would guess that tennis fans, whether men's and/or women's tennis, would watch matches from tournaments outside the Grand Slams, if they are broadcast. Considering I've seen putative 'sports' like cornhole, competitive eating, and various card games broadcast on the various ESPN networks, I would guess there are broadcasts of tennis events outside the Grand Slams.
3. I wonder if any of the sports you enjoy watching would make you seem like a "fruitcake" to someone else? :p

Hmmmm?

Navratilova was a man

The irony of your silly comment is that Navratilova has said she considers trans women sports players to be cheating.

Hmmmm?
If the women played the men there would be no womens tennis.
You mean men are better athletically than women?

You figure that out for yourself?
Nope.......it just takes men longer to win a tennis match.

Hmmmm?

Navratilova was a man

The irony of your silly comment is that Navratilova has said she considers trans women sports players to be cheating.
If a white Christian man said that.........ohhhhhhh boy

Hmmmm?

Navratilova was a man

Navratilova got a lot of flack for her comments. She was accused of being transphobic, of basing her opinion on outdated stereotypes, etc.

There are a number of possible reasons that men play best of 5 while women play best of 3.

To start with, it's only true during the Grand Slam matches. The men apparently play best of 3 any other time.

There have been a couple of periods during which women were able to play best of 5 matches. From what I've read, most of the decisions for abandoning that came from men.

There's tradition, there's scheduling, there's a question about whether fans actually want it, and it may be that men's games tend to be shorter, meaning that their best of 5 matches would be shorter than women's best of 5 on average. I don't know if that latter point is true, but it sounds possible, considering men generally hit harder which could lead to more aces and shorter volleys.
Who watches men's tennis, and if they do, what sort of fruitcake would watch any of the other tennis matches other than the grand slam events?

1. What does it matter? The point is that professional men's tennis players only play best of five in the Grand Slam singles, not in any other play. The men are not limited to Grand Slam matches; they often play plenty of other matches throughout the year.
2. I would guess that tennis fans, whether men's and/or women's tennis, would watch matches from tournaments outside the Grand Slams, if they are broadcast. Considering I've seen putative 'sports' like cornhole, competitive eating, and various card games broadcast on the various ESPN networks, I would guess there are broadcasts of tennis events outside the Grand Slams.
3. I wonder if any of the sports you enjoy watching would make you seem like a "fruitcake" to someone else? :p
So men can play in the big matches and women can't even play other women like the men play each other. Why are the femnazies not boycotting tennis?

Because tennis is a game for little girls

Hmmmm?

Navratilova was a man

Why aren't the femnazies protesting not allowing women to play as the men do?

Because the little girlie tennis stars are wimpy

Hmmmm?
If the women played the men there would be no womens tennis.
You mean men are better athletically than women?

You figure that out for yourself?
Nope.......it just takes men longer to win a tennis match.
The womens matches would take longer because they would end up in the hospital

Hmmmm?

Navratilova was a man

Navratilova got a lot of flack for her comments. She was accused of being transphobic, of basing her opinion on outdated stereotypes, etc.
Hulk Hogan would not have given Navratilova flak because she would have kicked his ass...………..twice

Hmmmm?

Navratilova was a man

Well, she got flack. Not overwhelming flack. Not if it was some white male conservative and not nearly as much flack as McEnroe gets for stating the truth in regards to women's tennis and men's tennis .

Forum List

Back