Why Do White Republicans Keep Trying to Tell Bllacks About the Democratic Party?

BLACKS WERE REPUBLICANS FOR 100 YEARS! We left the party because the party never wanted us.

The racist history of the Democratic party is well documented. The Democratic Party was founded in 1828. Slavery had been in this countrysince at least 1619. Slavery existed here for 209 years before the democratic party was founded. Republicans today love telling blacks how the Democratic Party was pro-slavery and how it was the Republican Party that freed theslaves. There is a lot modern republicans choose not to tell as they try luring blacks into supporting a move back into Jim Crow. First, not all Republicans were for racial equality. The Party had several factions in the beginning. One was the Radical Republicans. The Radical Republicans were for the eradication of slavery. They were not conservatives. Frederick Douglass was a Radical Republican. Lincoln was moderate politically. He opposed the expansion of slavery but did not believe in racial equality.

“I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way thesocial and political equality of the white and black ... I am not nor ever havebeen in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them tohold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition tothis that there is a physical difference between the white and black raceswhich I believe will for ever forbid the two races living together on terms ofsocial and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while theydo remain together there must be a position of superior and inferior, and I asmuch as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assignedto the white race.”

Arthur Zilversmit, Lincoln and the Problem of Race: A Decade of Interpretations, Journal of the Abraham Lincoln Association,Volume 2, Issue 1, 1980, pp. 22-45, Lincoln and the Problem of Race: A Decade of Interpretations

Both Dr. Henry Louis Gates andthe 1619 Project have written about a meeting between blacks and Lincoln whereby he made insulting comments to them, blamed blacks for the Civil War, and demanded they accept his plan to resettle blacks outside of America. According to both sources, on Aug. 14, 1862, Lincoln met with black representatives at the White House to try getting blacks to accept getting shipped out of the country.

THIS, is what the party of Linncoln wanted. To force blacks to leave the country. So why do white Republicans in this forum keep trying to lie to blacks about the Republican Party?
So your case is that Blacks were stupid for the 100 years they were Republicans. As you point out, Abe did want Blacks removed from the US. He would have purchased them from the owners and shipped them to countries that wanted them.
Democrats wanted to keep owning slaves. As Democrats currently own Blacks.

In Lincoln's last speech he advocated franchise for blacks. But systemic racism still exists. And it also exists in Russia, Israel, Britian, mexico .....
Lincoln wanted to relocate blacks until the end. We don't live in those other countries, nor do those other countries run around the world bragging about how the are about freedom and equal rights for everyone. Besides, that's a weak excuse. If your child stole something and the came to you talking about how people steal in Mexico, Russia, Israel and Britain you would not accept this.

Last edited:
So your case is that Blacks were stupid for the 100 years they were Republicans. As you point out, Abe did want Blacks removed from the US. He would have purchased them from the owners and shipped them to countries that wanted them.
Democrats wanted to keep owning slaves. As Democrats currently own Blacks.

I can see that you're an idiot. You posted a link by Thomas Sowell about a war on white people. The first black president was a Democrat. So the days of white Republicans talking about how Lincoln freed the slaves and thats why we should vote Republican are done.

Poor toddy, he can't face the truth.

Lincoln wanted to relocate blacks until the end. We don't live in those other countries, nor do those other countries run around the world bragging about how the are about freedom and equal rights for everyone. Besides, that's a weak excuse. If your child stole something and the came to you talking about how people steal in Mexico, Russia, Israel and Britain you would not accept this.
That's simply not true. Lincoln of course did not live to see the 14th amendment (or even know its language), and no doubt it took a stronger form than it might have because of his sacrifice.

Lincoln and Douglas were ... allies, and Lincoln referred to him as a friend, and at least to me, it's clear he liked and admired Douglas. And he asked his advice on "negro" (no insult intended but historical context) if not friends. Like the vast maj of northerners Lincoln did not consider blacks equal in morality and intelligence to whites. He did not support franchise, even when he issued the EP in 1862 (Jan 1863, actually, but it was "tied" to Antetiem.

But whatever his moral and intellectual journey entailed, by the time of his final speech, in April 1865, he urged approval of accepting Louisiana fully into the union with blacks enfranchised.

Some twelve thousand voters in the heretofore slave-state of Louisiana have sworn allegiance to the Union, assumed to be the rightful political power of the State, held elections, organized a State government, adopted a free-state constitution, giving the benefit of public schools equally to black and white, and empowering the Legislature to confer the elective franchise upon the colored man. Their Legislature has already voted to ratify the constitutional amendment recently passed by Congress, abolishing slavery throughout the nation. These twelve thousand persons are thus fully committed to the Union, and to perpetual freedom in the state--committed to the very things, and nearly all the things the nation wants--and they ask the nations recognition and it's assistance to make good their committal. Now, if we reject, and spurn them, we do our utmost to disorganize and disperse them. We in effect say to the white men "You are worthless, or worse--we will neither help you, nor be helped by you." To the blacks we say "This cup of liberty which these, your old masters, hold to your lips, we will dash from you, and leave you to the chances of gathering the spilled and scattered contents in some vague and undefined when, where, and how." If this course, discouraging and paralyzing both white and black, has any tendency to bring Louisiana into proper practical relations with the Union, I have, so far, been unable to perceive it. If, on the contrary, we recognize, and sustain the new government of Louisiana the converse of all this is made true. We encourage the hearts, and nerve the arms of the twelve thousand to adhere to their work, and argue for it, and proselyte for it, and fight for it, and feed it, and grow it, and ripen it to a complete success. The colored man too, in seeing all united for him, is inspired with vigilance, and energy, and daring, to the same end. Grant that he desires the elective franchise, will he not attain it sooner by saving the already advanced steps toward it, than by running backward over them? Concede that the new government of Louisiana is only to what it should be as the egg is to the fowl, we shall sooner have the fowl by hatching the egg than by smashing it? Again, if we reject Louisiana, we also reject one vote in favor of the proposed amendment to the national Constitution. [13th amend] To meet this proposition, it has been argued that no more than three fourths of those States which have not attempted secession are necessary to validly ratify the amendment. I do not commit myself against this, further than to say that such a ratification would be questionable, and sure to be persistently questioned; while a ratification by three-fourths of all the States would be unquestioned and unquestionable.

That's simply not true. Lincoln of course did not live to see the 14th amendment (or even know its language), and no doubt it took a stronger form than it might have because of his sacrifice.

Lincoln and Douglas were ... allies, and Lincoln referred to him as a friend, and at least to me, it's clear he liked and admired Douglas. And he asked his advice on "negro" (no insult intended but historical context) if not friends. Like the vast maj of northerners Lincoln did not consider blacks equal in morality and intelligence to whites. He did not support franchise, even when he issued the EP in 1862 (Jan 1863, actually, but it was "tied" to Antetiem.

But whatever his moral and intellectual journey entailed, by the time of his final speech, in April 1865, he urged approval of accepting Louisiana fully into the union with blacks enfranchised.

Some twelve thousand voters in the heretofore slave-state of Louisiana have sworn allegiance to the Union, assumed to be the rightful political power of the State, held elections, organized a State government, adopted a free-state constitution, giving the benefit of public schools equally to black and white, and empowering the Legislature to confer the elective franchise upon the colored man. Their Legislature has already voted to ratify the constitutional amendment recently passed by Congress, abolishing slavery throughout the nation. These twelve thousand persons are thus fully committed to the Union, and to perpetual freedom in the state--committed to the very things, and nearly all the things the nation wants--and they ask the nations recognition and it's assistance to make good their committal. Now, if we reject, and spurn them, we do our utmost to disorganize and disperse them. We in effect say to the white men "You are worthless, or worse--we will neither help you, nor be helped by you." To the blacks we say "This cup of liberty which these, your old masters, hold to your lips, we will dash from you, and leave you to the chances of gathering the spilled and scattered contents in some vague and undefined when, where, and how." If this course, discouraging and paralyzing both white and black, has any tendency to bring Louisiana into proper practical relations with the Union, I have, so far, been unable to perceive it. If, on the contrary, we recognize, and sustain the new government of Louisiana the converse of all this is made true. We encourage the hearts, and nerve the arms of the twelve thousand to adhere to their work, and argue for it, and proselyte for it, and fight for it, and feed it, and grow it, and ripen it to a complete success. The colored man too, in seeing all united for him, is inspired with vigilance, and energy, and daring, to the same end. Grant that he desires the elective franchise, will he not attain it sooner by saving the already advanced steps toward it, than by running backward over them? Concede that the new government of Louisiana is only to what it should be as the egg is to the fowl, we shall sooner have the fowl by hatching the egg than by smashing it? Again, if we reject Louisiana, we also reject one vote in favor of the proposed amendment to the national Constitution. [13th amend] To meet this proposition, it has been argued that no more than three fourths of those States which have not attempted secession are necessary to validly ratify the amendment. I do not commit myself against this, further than to say that such a ratification would be questionable, and sure to be persistently questioned; while a ratification by three-fourths of all the States would be unquestioned and unquestionable.

It IS true.

BLACKS WERE REPUBLICANS FOR 100 YEARS! We left the party because the party never wanted us.

The racist history of the Democratic party is well documented. The Democratic Party was founded in 1828. Slavery had been in this countrysince at least 1619. Slavery existed here for 209 years before the democratic party was founded. Republicans today love telling blacks how the Democratic Party was pro-slavery and how it was the Republican Party that freed theslaves. There is a lot modern republicans choose not to tell as they try luring blacks into supporting a move back into Jim Crow. First, not all Republicans were for racial equality. The Party had several factions in the beginning. One was the Radical Republicans. The Radical Republicans were for the eradication of slavery. They were not conservatives. Frederick Douglass was a Radical Republican. Lincoln was moderate politically. He opposed the expansion of slavery but did not believe in racial equality.

“I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way thesocial and political equality of the white and black ... I am not nor ever havebeen in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them tohold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition tothis that there is a physical difference between the white and black raceswhich I believe will for ever forbid the two races living together on terms ofsocial and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while theydo remain together there must be a position of superior and inferior, and I asmuch as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assignedto the white race.”

Arthur Zilversmit, Lincoln and the Problem of Race: A Decade of Interpretations, Journal of the Abraham Lincoln Association,Volume 2, Issue 1, 1980, pp. 22-45, Lincoln and the Problem of Race: A Decade of Interpretations

Both Dr. Henry Louis Gates andthe 1619 Project have written about a meeting between blacks and Lincoln whereby he made insulting comments to them, blamed blacks for the Civil War, and demanded they accept his plan to resettle blacks outside of America. According to both sources, on Aug. 14, 1862, Lincoln met with black representatives at the White House to try getting blacks to accept getting shipped out of the country.

THIS, is what the party of Linncoln wanted. To force blacks to leave the country. So why do white Republicans in this forum keep trying to lie to blacks about the Republican Party?
The opposite thread has done much better.

HIS speech proves otherwise. But good luck with your agenda
Actually it doesn't but this is what happens when white heroes are questioned. Lincol was for resettling blacks until he was killed. Talk about an agenda.

We like it here. Manifest Destiny has made this a wonderful country.
Manifest Destiny was fake news. Ask people like Hellbilly and Lakota about Manifest Destiny.

You ain't from here, but you guys bitch about the government that was made for your benefit all the time. So if you don't like the government, move back to Europe.

I say clearly , this is all false.
Just to point out the 2 proofs against this, from the spokeman for Freedom, Frederick Douglass

1) Said way before the meetings with Lincoln and his subsequent approval of Lincoln
From the Frederick Douglass' Paper, January 22, 1852:

The Colonization Scheme

There is no sentiment more universally entertained, nor more firmly held by the free colored people of the United States, than that this is their own, their native land, and that here (for good or for evil) their destiny is to be wrought out. Identified with the entire history of the American people, going back more than two hundred years, this sentiment is natural and praiseworthy. There is not now, there never has been, and we think there will never be, any general desire on the part of our people, to emigrate from this land to any other and least of all, to the wilds of Africa.
2) 1854
“If all earthly power were given me, I should not know what to do, as to the existing institution. My first impulse would be to free all the slaves, and send them to Liberia,–to their own native land. But a moment’s reflection would convince me, that whatever of high hope, (as I think there is) there may be in this, in the long run, its sudden execution is impossible.” LINCOLN
Like so many things Lincoln did, the Colonization scheme was temporizing along the lines of what he said to Stephen Douglas.
" I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied every thing. I do not understand that because I do not want a negro woman for a slave I must necessarily want her for a wife. [Cheers and laughter.]"

I can see that you're an idiot. You posted a link by Thomas Sowell about a war on white people. The first black president was a Democrat. So the days of white Republicans talking about how Lincoln freed the slaves and thats why we should vote Republican are done.
Half black.

I say clearly , this is all false.
Just to point out the 2 proofs against this, from the spokeman for Freedom, Frederick Douglass

1) Said way before the meetings with Lincoln and his subsequent approval of Lincoln
From the Frederick Douglass' Paper, January 22, 1852:

The Colonization Scheme

There is no sentiment more universally entertained, nor more firmly held by the free colored people of the United States, than that this is their own, their native land, and that here (for good or for evil) their destiny is to be wrought out. Identified with the entire history of the American people, going back more than two hundred years, this sentiment is natural and praiseworthy. There is not now, there never has been, and we think there will never be, any general desire on the part of our people, to emigrate from this land to any other and least of all, to the wilds of Africa.
2) 1854
“If all earthly power were given me, I should not know what to do, as to the existing institution. My first impulse would be to free all the slaves, and send them to Liberia,–to their own native land. But a moment’s reflection would convince me, that whatever of high hope, (as I think there is) there may be in this, in the long run, its sudden execution is impossible.” LINCOLN
Like so many things Lincoln did, the Colonization scheme was temporizing along the lines of what he said to Stephen Douglas.
" I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied every thing. I do not understand that because I do not want a negro woman for a slave I must necessarily want her for a wife. [Cheers and laughter.]"
Actually it's not false. Lincoln wanted to move blacks out, blacks refused. What was said in 1852 before Lincoln waa president and before the Civil War is not relevant to the meeting held in 1862.

Half black.
He was black. You guys post videos where half blacks beating up people and the white half is never considered. Colin Kaepernicks white half was not and still is not considered. So it won't be considered when we talk about Obama.

We’re trying to inform the black community because You Ain’t Black *Joe said they’re not smart enough to use the internet to inform themselves. You should be thanking us.

He was black. You guys post videos where half blacks beating up people and the white half is never considered. Colin Kaepernicks white half was not and still is not considered. So it won't be considered when we talk about Obama.
Half black.

Did you not have a science class in your Dimwinger Indoctrination school?

Forum List

Back