Why do the anti God crowd attack the bible ?

Evidence in support?

…other than the bible.

when I'm back online ill respond. The book of acts was historical record of the Christian movement. And I will go further into it when they fix my internet.

Im familiar with your book of acts.

Its basically the spread of early Christianity and a supposed account of the acts of the apostles. I'm far from impressed. Peter and john performed miracles? Are you serious? That is really the type of christianity you believe? The idea of the apostles themselves having the ability to "performs many miracles such as healings, the casting out of evil spirits, and the raising of the dead", is beyond ridiculous. That has nothing to do with what jesus taught. Even the idea that jesus had such an ability is ridiculous. When they rose people from the dead, did they regenerate their dead brain cells?

Lol what about the casting out of evil spirits? Yea, heres your modern day apostle right here:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_DocpPrYtU"]‪Mass Deliverance - Demons & Manifestations Expelled‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Not impressed

I don't subscribe to that stuff in my opinion it ended with the apostles.

when I'm back online ill respond. The book of acts was historical record of the Christian movement. And I will go further into it when they fix my internet.

Its basically the spread of early Christianity and a supposed account of the acts of the apostles. I'm far from impressed. Peter and john performed miracles? Are you serious? That is really the type of christianity you believe? The idea of the apostles themselves having the ability to "performs many miracles such as healings, the casting out of evil spirits, and the raising of the dead", is beyond ridiculous. That has nothing to do with what jesus taught. Even the idea that jesus had such an ability is ridiculous. When they rose people from the dead, did they regenerate their dead brain cells?

Lol what about the casting out of evil spirits? Yea, heres your modern day apostle right here:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_DocpPrYtU"]‪Mass Deliverance - Demons & Manifestations Expelled‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Not impressed

Right so remind me where in the bible jesus/god says the apostles shall have the power to raise the dead and cure the blind? Sorry, the seems like a serious perversion of christianity to me. I can sympathize with with jesus and definitely his teachings, but to say those that followed him were somehow magic is ridiculous. They had no more powers than the man in that video. You cannot even prove these miracles "happened"; much less that the people they happened to were anything but idiots and the people performing them were anything more than con men.

Once again, your opinion is not fact. Even if the fossil record doesnt support evolution, which it does, it certainly doesnt support creationism. Where in the bible does it talk about how adam and eve walked with dinosaurs? O, mind telling me how fossils got under thousands of feet of rock if they arent millions of years old? The giant flood took sand from....somewhere(?)....and covered....everywhere(?).... and some how hardened to stone in the incredibly short timespan of 5000 years?

Where does oil come from friend? Goddidit?

Ah oil,another thing coincidence that modern man needed to become modern. Nope .6,000 years. And 6,000 years may not seem like a long time because what you read in your text book. In 5,000 years the population of man went from 8 people to around 7 billion,that means a lot of people have been on this planet now consider how many more fossils we should be finding and we are not. If you did the math on every species for billions of years we could not dog without finding them

Lol looks like someone doesnt understand what fossils are...ha

O and there were a lot more than 8 people on the earth 5000 years ago.

Well I will say this you are entertaining . Oil is made up of hydrocarbons ,and I'm gonna make your day it is not from fossils lol. These same hydrocarbons are throughout the universe on other planets . Have you heard of dinosaurs and plant life anywhere but earth ?

How about diamonds? Where did those form? What about plate tectonics? Did god just try to trick us by shaping the continents in the right shape and put them into a line of motion that hints at a certain formation in the past?

Im sure.

In my view plate tectonics was the result of the global flood. That much water and movement probably broke it up and at one point there was one big piece of ground before that occurred. I also believe the ice age happened after the flood. It's pretty hard to explain Ll that ice no ?

Why did you entitle the thread about why people attack the Bible if that's not what you wanted to discuss?

We will get back on track soon,but it was obvious by your rant that nothing from the scriptures is gonna change your mind.

Well that's all for today folks time to take the wife to dinner . I shall return tomorrow if my internet provider can fix the problem.

In my view plate tectonics was the result of the global flood. That much water and movement probably broke it up and at one point there was one big piece of ground before that occurred. I also believe the ice age happened after the flood. It's pretty hard to explain Ll that ice no ?

Why did you entitle the thread about why people attack the Bible if that's not what you wanted to discuss?

We will get back on track soon,but it was obvious by your rant that nothing from the scriptures is gonna change your mind.

My "rant" was not about scriptures but the abuse of them. I am more than happy to debate scripture with you but you are outgunned and gonna get baked. It's obvious you know this. First you label my post a "rant" and then immediately give an excuse to Cut & Run. I don't blame you. :eusa_whistle:

My "rant" was not about scriptures but the abuse of them. I am more than happy to debate scripture with you but you are outgunned and gonna get baked. It's obvious you know this. First you label my post a "rant" and then immediately give an excuse to Cut & Run. I don't blame you. :eusa_whistle:

Last post of the day,you think in my thirty years of debating I never came across your very same rant ? And there is nothing I can say that will change your mind you can't see that slavery was a means of survival,or that evil people were put to sleep by God and they're gonna be put to sleep one more final time. The real problem is the things done in the name of religion and God is given all the credit. Organized religion is a creation of man. Did Abraham need a religion ? Did job need a religion ? Did able need a religion ? I have been studying scriptures and the history of the bible for over 40 years I don't think you are Any more worthy then the bible and God haters I've encountered before. But knock yourself out.

Last edited:
Ah oil,another thing coincidence that modern man needed to become modern. Nope .6,000 years. And 6,000 years may not seem like a long time because what you read in your text book. In 5,000 years the population of man went from 8 people to around 7 billion,that means a lot of people have been on this planet now consider how many more fossils we should be finding and we are not. If you did the math on every species for billions of years we could not dog without finding them

Well I will say this you are entertaining . Oil is made up of hydrocarbons ,and I'm gonna make your day it is not from fossils lol. These same hydrocarbons are throughout the universe on other planets . Have you heard of dinosaurs and plant life anywhere but earth ?

O really? Oil exists on other planets? This is quite the scientific discovery.

I never said oil was made from fossils. I said it was made from decaying and compressed organic matter. Which it is.

Your back to this "life off earth" point again. The point is that weve never been outside our solar system so no one has any idea. You keep saying there is no life anywhere but earth but you have no idea. If we had traveled to other stars and seen planets with water on them up close and then not found life, then you would have a point.

But considering every planet we see orbiting in another solar system is nothing more than a spec to us, you have no argument at all. I would think if anything the existence of billions of other planets outside of our solar system would sort of throw a wrench into the theory that humans are special. We see planets in most of the solar systems around us. Theres nearly 300 exoplanets all found orbiting stars near us. Theres no reason to not think most other stars are the same. Why did god create billions of stars and solar systems all for humans?

Last edited:

I never said oil was made from fossils. I said it was made from decaying and compressed organic matter. Which it is.

Your back to this "life off earth" point again. The point is that weve never been outside our solar system so no one has any idea. You keep saying there is no life anywhere but earth but you have no idea. If we had traveled to other stars and seen planets with water on them up close and then not found life, then you would have a point.

But considering every planet we see orbiting in another solar system is nothing more than a spec to us, you have no argument at all. I would think if anything the existence of billions of other planets outside of our solar system would sort of throw a wrench into the theory that humans are special. We see planets in most of the solar systems around us. Theres nearly 300 exoplanets all found orbiting stars near us. Theres no reason to not think most other stars are the same. Why did god create billions of stars and solar systems all for humans?

once again you showed your ignorance of facts and tried to spin your way out of it. God created everything . Now where is your proof that oil came from dead animals and plants ? Be careful this is a loaded question.

Last post of the day,you think in my thirty years of debating I never came across your very same rant ? And there is nothing I can say that will change your mind you can't see that slavery was a means of survival,or that evil people were put to sleep by God and they're gonna be put to sleep one more final time. The real problem is the things done in the name of religion and God is given all the credit. Organized religion is a creation of man. Did Abraham need a religion ? Did job need a religion ? Did able need a religion ? I have been studying scriptures and the history of the bible for over 40 years I don't think you are Any more worthy then the bible and God haters I've encountered before. But knock yourself out.

Well I guess I'll lose sleep over you judging me not to be worthy.
1. I applaud you for your commitment to studying the Bible.
2. The point of your OP was "Why do people hate the Bible?". I simply pointed out that they don't. Many hate the effects and corruption of organized religions - which you yourself pointed out.
3. Once I pointed that out, you changed the subject because it was headed in a driection which, not only were you unable to debate, but you just now acknowledged is correct: People don't hate The Bible. They hate what happens when it is used to justify abhorent acts or as a means to gain political power and influence.
4. My degree is in Christian Theology with the emphasis of my studies being on ancient Hebrew Idioms and Customs. So unless you've spent some warm and cuddly time with the Codex Vaticanus etc..., your adversarial attempts at estblishing superior bona fides and your insults really don't have the effect you seem to want.
5. I could be wrong but you also seem to believe
A. that you know which scriptures should be taken literally and which should be interpreted;
B. that you know how the scriptures should be interpreted and
C. that all of your interpretations on these matters are somehow superior to the interpretations of others.

if that turns out to be the case, you're cooked. Go bone up on your Pre-Nicean Council texts...

If that is not the case, we could - and this is just a suggestion - have a civil discussion.

Well I guess I'll lose sleep over you judging me not to be worthy.
1. I applaud you for your commitment to studying the Bible.
2. The point of your OP was "Why do people hate the Bible?". I simply pointed out that they don't. Many hate the effects and corruption of organized religions - which you yourself pointed out.
3. Once I pointed that out, you changed the subject because it was headed in a driection which, not only were you unable to debate, but you just now acknowledged is correct: People don't hate The Bible. They hate what happens when it is used to justify abhorent acts or as a means to gain political power and influence.
4. My degree is in Christian Theology with the emphasis of my studies being on ancient Hebrew Idioms and Customs. So unless you've spent some warm and cuddly time with the Codex Vaticanus etc..., your adversarial attempts at estblishing superior bona fides and your insults really don't have the effect you seem to want.
5. I could be wrong but you also seem to believe
A. that you know which scriptures should be taken literally and which should be interpreted;
B. that you know how the scriptures should be interpreted and
C. that all of your interpretations on these matters are somehow superior to the interpretations of others.

if that turns out to be the case, you're cooked. Go bone up on your Pre-Nicean Council texts...

If that is not the case, we could - and this is just a suggestion - have a civil discussion.

Sorry to break it to you but I didn't ask why they hate the bible but why do they attack it and if you read my post you would have seen my intentions. They attack when they know you're a person of faith when they begin to lose the debate no matter what they're debating as was shown earlier by the genius that joined the thread. Now I really have to go good day sir

once again you showed your ignorance of facts and tried to spin your way out of it. God created everything . Now where is your proof that oil came from dead animals and plants ? Be careful this is a loaded question.

What? You seriously dont believe there are planets outside of our solar system.

What do you call those giant hunks of rock orbiting nearby stars?
Extrasolar planet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I even underestimated the number. Theres almost 600 planets outside of our solar system. And those are just the ones close enough to see.

As for the source of petroleum?

"Petroleum is a fossil fuel derived from ancient fossilized organic materials, such as zooplankton and algae.[19] Vast quantities of these remains settled to a sea or lake bottoms, mixing with sediments and being buried under anoxic conditions. As further layers settled to the sea or lake bed, intense heat and pressure built up in the lower regions. This process caused the organic matter to change, first into a waxy material known as kerogen, which is found in various oil shales around the world, and then with more heat into liquid and gaseous hydrocarbons via a process known as catagenesis. Formation of petroleum occurs from hydrocarbon pyrolysis in a variety of mostly endothermic reactions at high temperature and/or pressure.[20]"...

Sorry to break it to you but I didn't ask why they hate the bible but why do they attack it and if you read my post you would have seen my intentions. They attack when they know you're a person of faith when they begin to lose the debate no matter what they're debating as was shown earlier by the genius that joined the thread. Now I really have to go good day sir

Okay so for later then.
I would put forth that the reasons are the same.
Let's take the Tiller case. If no one used the Bible to kill a doctor in a church, people wouldn't have had feelings about the Bible on that one. But they did. If the murderer had said, "I'm an atheist who is against abortion and I killed this guy!" would there be anyone saying "I hate the Bible." No.
In Jesus' day, one of the things that had gotten really out of hand, was the use of religion for political influence and power. Ironic that what He abhored most, is what so many people claiming to be his followers, do today. So when people like Michelle Bachmann use the Bible as a marketing tool to garner votes, the result is not just attacks on Bachmann but also attacks on the book she claims is the divine power that will grant her the office (this is an exxageration but how Liberals perceive it).
Someone on another thread claimed that 40% of Democrats do not believe in evolution. I found that suspect and asked for a link. He provided one to a religious website. Um yeah. Okay. So there are people who want THEIR version of Creative Design taught in schools. That garners serious resentment - not just toward the people but it is also transferred onto a book.
The demonstration of this is simple: How many people attack The Gospel of Thomas? (possibly my personal favorite)

I even underestimated the number. Theres almost 600 planets outside of our solar system. And those are just the ones close enough to see.

"Petroleum is a fossil fuel derived from ancient fossilized organic materials, such as zooplankton and algae.[19] Vast quantities of these remains settled to a sea or lake bottoms, mixing with sediments and being buried under anoxic conditions. As further layers settled to the sea or lake bed, intense heat and pressure built up in the lower regions. This process caused the organic matter to change, first into a waxy material known as kerogen, which is found in various oil shales around the world, and then with more heat into liquid and gaseous hydrocarbons via a process known as catagenesis. Formation of petroleum occurs from hydrocarbon pyrolysis in a variety of mostly endothermic reactions at high temperature and/or pressure.[20]"...

I never said there were no planets outside of our solar system. When I get my internet I will show you why you shouldn't put so much faith in to Wikipedia. Wow I can't believe you would take the name fossil fuels so seriously.

Last edited:

‪Mass Deliverance - Demons & Manifestations Expelled‬‏ - YouTube

Not impressed

Right so remind me where in the bible jesus/god says the apostles shall have the power to raise the dead and cure the blind? Sorry, the seems like a serious perversion of christianity to me. I can sympathize with with jesus and definitely his teachings, but to say those that followed him were somehow magic is ridiculous. They had no more powers than the man in that video. You cannot even prove these miracles "happened"; much less that the people they happened to were anything but idiots and the people performing them were anything more than con men.

We don't need to prove it.

And con men don't continue to gain followers after 2000 years, nor do they have people willing to die for the right to worship them. Not if they know he's a con man. All the apostles save one died by execution, and all had the opportunity to turn their back on Christianity and Christ. They would have, if they hadn't known that Christ was the Messiah.

There's no explaining that away.

I never said there were no planets outside of our solar system. When I get my internet I will show you why you shouldn't put so much faith in to Wikipedia. Wow I can't believe you would take the name fossil fuels so seriously.

We've been pointing out why you shouldn't put too much faith in to creationist sites but you never listen.

We don't need to prove it.

And con men don't continue to gain followers after 2000 years, nor do they have people willing to die for the right to worship them. Not if they know he's a con man. All the apostles save one died by execution, and all had the opportunity to turn their back on Christianity and Christ. They would have, if they hadn't known that Christ was the Messiah.

There's no explaining that away.

Lol so...islam? What about that one...? In your view, wasnt mohammed just a con man who gained followers for like 1500 years? So things like jones town and the standoff in waco texas dont happen today...? right. Im sure people arent preaching about being prophets today huh... You dont understand what constitutes fact do you? Even if people werent just as stupid today as they were then thats still not proof that jesus is the son of god.

Last edited:
My point is, it doesn't matter. You are arguing a pretend argument. You don't have the science to back up your claims, and faith isn't affected by your summations.

We've been pointing out why you shouldn't put too much faith in to creationist sites but you never listen.

The only wiki you should use and can be trusted is creation Wikipedia. Oh I am a creationist why would I avoid creationist sites ? Would you avoid macro evolutionist sites ? I almost gave the dumb post of the day to the genius but you kinda deserve it.

My point is, it doesn't matter. You are arguing a pretend argument. You don't have the science to back up your claims, and faith isn't affected by your summations.

Lol. Im always arguing a pretend argument when your proven wrong. You said con men dont get followers. Just trying to prove you wrong.

My argument on speciation begins with those two cats. Idk why you keep running away from the argument. Ive said it a few times now, relation is the key to what we are talking about. Im trying to debate relation. Im not quite sure why you dont want to.

Forum List

Back