Why do the anti God crowd attack the bible ?

I haven't seen it here or even over there, for that matter.

Have you read this whole thread or the previous two threads ?

Sure, I've read them.
I've seen lots of attacks on the acts and politics of organized religion. Not on the Bible.

Yeah the bible they know it is poinless by now that they can't attack the bible.

I believe the bible has withstood every attack that has come up against it. Most of the attacks are taken out of context or there was very little reasoning that went in to the attack.

People are making claims that are just not true like the writings were written three hundred years after the fact not true. They confuse the time when constantine summoned bishops to Nicaea. About 300 to make a decision concerning doctrine.

It seems with an examination of the book of acts it was written long before the prophecies began being fulfilled the ones Jesus spoke of.

Last edited:
Bull. I see attacks on the bible all the time. Claims that it's a book of myths, that it was written to control the masses, that it's full of lies and that those who believe it are uneducated dolts.

myth/miTH/Noun
1. A traditional story, esp. one concerning the early history of a people or explaining some natural or social phenomenon, and typically involving supernatural beings or events

Why would that word being involved with the Bible offend any christian? Isn't parting seas and talking snakes supernatural?

Bull. I see attacks on the bible all the time. Claims that it's a book of myths, that it was written to control the masses, that it's full of lies and that those who believe it are uneducated dolts.

If nothing can be proven, then it is a book of myths. Or can you prove something in it?

Sure, I've read them.
I've seen lots of attacks on the acts and politics of organized religion. Not on the Bible.

Yeah the bible they know it is poinless by now that they can't attack the bible.

I believe the bible has withstood every attack that has come up against it. Most of the attacks are taken out of context or there was very little reasoning that went in to the attack.

People are making claims that are just not true like the writings were written three hundred years after the fact not true. They confuse the time when constantine summoned bishops to Nicaea. About 300 to make a decision concerning doctrine.

It seems with an examination of the book of acts it was written long before the prophecies began being fulfilled the ones Jesus spoke of.

You should probably make a distinction between the new and old testaments.

When you say: "I believe the bible has withstood every attack that has come up against it.", does that mean you found proof of jonah living in a whale?

Sure, I've read them.

You should probably make a distinction between the new and old testaments.

When you say: "I believe the bible has withstood every attack that has come up against it.", does that mean you found proof of jonah living in a whale?

How about vocal chords that allow human speech in a snake?

Keep in mind cb, we're discussing this with someone who believes a 450 foot boat is plenty big enough for 2 of every animal (dinosaurs included) and all the freshwater and plants (lol) that they all need.

So... criticism then?

Sure, I've read them.

It can also be said that most the facts, of the bible, are taken out of context or very little reasoning that went into the fact.

Okay Allie I admit you're right. Now that I think about it, there are plenty of people who attack the Bible itself, frequently.
So fine. You're right. They do.

The question I would ask myself is "Why?".

Are they really attacking the Bible? Or is that just a transference of emotions onto an inanimate object, because they're frustrated with the attitudes, actions and politics certain Christians? I would venture it is that latter.

There is evidence to support this. I never hear atheists criticizing the teachings of Buddha. I don't hear them blasting those danm Zoroastianists. Why? Well, neither group kills or has ever killed in the name of their religion. That's a good start. I have never heard a politicians say "I am a Buddhist and my faith teaches me that we should pass legislation requiring everyone to become vegetarian."

The attitudes, action and politics of a religion will always determine the level of resentment toward that religion.
Although there are millions of wonderful Christians out there, there are also people like Michele Bachmann, who use religion as a political tool and method for gaining power. That's sure to scare and anger people.

Some people attack the bible in the way you've mentioned. I agree.

Other's of us don't attack the bible. We don't read the bible, we aren't interested in reading the bible. There's a difference.

I don't think your friend youwerecreated knows the difference.

Last edited:

Okay Allie I admit you're right. Now that I think about it, there are plenty of people who attack the Bible itself, frequently.

Are they really attacking the Bible? Or is that just a transference of emotions onto an inanimate object, because they're frustrated with the attitudes, actions and politics certain Christians? I would venture it is that latter.

There is evidence to support this. I never hear atheists criticizing the teachings of Buddha. I don't hear them blasting those danm Zoroastianists. Why? Well, neither group kills or has ever killed in the name of their religion. That's a good start. I have never heard a politicians say "I am a Buddhist and my faith teaches me that we should pass legislation requiring everyone to become vegetarian."

The attitudes, action and politics of a religion will always determine the level of resentment toward that religion.
Although there are millions of wonderful Christians out there, there are also people like Michele Bachmann, who use religion as a political tool and method for gaining power. That's sure to scare and anger people.

Because it is contrary to their Ideology.

The bible is an ancient collection of directives and stories directly from God (I believe). It doesn't have to be proven to be true. Maybe it has to be proven to you for you to believe it, in which case, you'll never believe it.

I do know it will never be disproven, and the more we learn about the world, ancient history, science, the more likely it is that every word in the bible is true.

Regardless. Proof isn't what makes it true. Proof is what PROVES the fact to those who don't believe it. I don't need proof; neither do most of the faithful.It's the unfaithful who think that a lack of stacks of evidence means it never happened. It's a fallacy. We don't have stacks of evidence of ANYTHING from ancient times. Most of what we have is a collection of piecemeal artifacts and questionable data. For me, it doesn't matter. I know the bible will never be disproved, I know some of it has been proven, and I know more will be. Eventually nobody will question it.

Maybe a guy living in a whale, a man becoming buds with a lion that is supposed to eat him, a parting of a sea, a snake with human vocal cords, a boat holding 2 of every critter....all these things are analogies but we are not wired well enough to "get it" yet. Maybe to God, we are still in the stone age, mind wise.

Because it is contrary to their Ideology.

Well sure. THey don't believe the state should interfere with individual liberties and their perception is that many people are using religion to do just that.

People "attack" the bible because most of the world's problems can be traced back to religion. And most people at the head of armies believe in invisible beings.-, which is very strange to say the least.

People "attack" the bible because most of the world's problems can be traced back to religion. And most people at the head of armies believe in invisible beings.-, which is very strange to say the least.

How is religion the bibles fault ? Why don't you put it on man where it belongs ?

How is religion the bibles fault ? Why don't you put it on man where it belongs ?

Huh? The bible is the roadmap/dictionary/recipe book for Christianity. Put it on man? You mean the men who wrote the bible?

Huh? The bible is the roadmap/dictionary/recipe book for Christianity. Put it on man? You mean the men who wrote the bible?

It's man that created doctrine if that were not true there would not be so many different Chritian beliefs.

The truth is there, but it takes someone to devote themselves to God and his word.

There are plenty of reasons in the scriptures to know it was not inspired by man.

It was man that did evil in God's name.

It was man that continued go away from God,God didn't go away from man.

It's man that created doctrine if that were not true there would not be so many different Chritian beliefs.

The truth is there, but it takes someone to devote themselves to God and his word.

There are plenty of reasons in the scriptures to know it was not inspired by man.

Created, I appreciate your beliefs and I commend you for the trength of your faith but you are ignoring one of Jesus' greatest teachings. To have the ability feel with other people, to be compassionate and understanding.

While you personally believe that there are plenty of reasons to know the Bible was inspired by God, do you care about or sympathize with those who have not seen this? No.

While you claim it was man who did evil inGod's name, do you acknowledge that 50,000 women were tortured, burned and drowned while having the name of Jesus Christ yelled at them during the plagues, that a doctor was killed in a church by someone yelling the name of Jesus and the Christians all over the country CELEBRATED the murder? And you can't sympathize with why someone else might believe that regardless of what you say, religion was behind these and other atrocious acts?

So you can sit and speak from a high and mighty place but Jesus actually spoke from a low and humble one.

I understand, apprecaite and acknowledge the validity of everything these people have said. They are right. Religion has been the cause of more torture and murder than any force on Earth. The number one of all murderous, raping, torturing religions? Not Islam. The holder of that title is still Christianity.

And none of that makes my faith any weaker.

Created, I appreciate your beliefs and I commend you for the trength of your faith but you are ignoring one of Jesus' greatest teachings. To have the ability feel with other people, to be compassionate and understanding.

While you personally believe that there are plenty of reasons to know the Bible was inspired by God, do you care about or sympathize with those who have not seen this? No.

While you claim it was man who did evil inGod's name, do you acknowledge that 50,000 women were tortured, burned and drowned while having the name of Jesus Christ yelled at them during the plagues, that a doctor was killed in a church by someone yelling the name of Jesus and the Christians all over the country CELEBRATED the murder? And you can't sympathize with why someone else might believe that regardless of what you say, religion was behind these and other atrocious acts?

So you can sit and speak from a high and mighty place but Jesus actually spoke from a low and humble one.

I understand, apprecaite and acknowledge the validity of everything these people have said. They are right. Religion has been the cause of more torture and murder than any force on Earth. The number one of all murderous, raping, torturing religions? Not Islam. The holder of that title is still Christianity.

And none of that makes my faith any weaker.

After his death he is speaking from a very high place now.

Of course i sympathize with ones that couldn't study Chritianity,for some it would mean death to convert to Christianity. Some will never have that chance because where they live. I believe God all through history looked at the hearts of those that were put to death by him.

God Say's he will judge the ignorant. The one thing is no one can hide their heart condition from God and so that being said those that have the worthy heart will be spared.

I am very anti organized religion many posters here know that about me. Am I a Christian ?yes.

Being a member of an organized religion don't make a person a Christian.

Let me ask you a very honest question. If man lived by the law of the bible outside the covenant that was made with moses,do you think this world would be a better place ?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back