Why do Republicans think the purpose of government is to turn a profit?

OohPah - I'm not trying to defend the Republicans; I don't like the Republicans and I think they're just as crony and crooked as the Democrats.

I agree - The 'ObamaCare' model was first implemented by Mitt Romney when he was Governor of Massachusetts (implemented in 1 state).

But who was the guy that implemented this same structure in 50 states?

No one person implemented it.
It's freaking called "OBAMAcare"
What it is called is irrelevant. If I called you a carrot would that make you a carrot?

OohPah - I think 99% of the American people would agree Obama was central in Obamacare getting passed. I realize - obviously - a lot of individuals were involved in the bill, but it was Obama who used his power as President to get this initiative pushed through.

Once again, are you saying that Obama wasn't central in the creation of Obamacare?

And for the fourth time, what about Obama's appointment of Monsanto VPs to the FDA, and the signing of an act that absolves Monsanto of all liability for health issues that arise from their products?

I just want to see if you're capable of a non-biased assessment of our President.

And the definition of "non-biased" assessment is, I take it, one that agrees with yours?

No one person implemented it.
What it is called is irrelevant. If I called you a carrot would that make you a carrot?

OohPah - I think 99% of the American people would agree Obama was central in Obamacare getting passed. I realize - obviously - a lot of individuals were involved in the bill, but it was Obama who used his power as President to get this initiative pushed through.

Once again, are you saying that Obama wasn't central in the creation of Obamacare?

And for the fourth time, what about Obama's appointment of Monsanto VPs to the FDA, and the signing of an act that absolves Monsanto of all liability for health issues that arise from their products?

I just want to see if you're capable of a non-biased assessment of our President.

And the definition of "non-biased" assessment is, I take it, one that agrees with yours?

Of course that wasn’t my point - don't be silly.

I posed to you a few questions; do you think Obama held some responsibility for the creation of Obamacare? What do you think about Obama appointing Monsanto execs to top Government positions? What do you think about Obama signing the Monsanto protection act? What do you think about Obama allowing Pharm companies to draft large swaths of the healthcare bill?

Your failure to address those points (especially when it comes to the Monsanto questions – I asked five times) leads me to believe that you are either unwilling or incapable of admitting that Obama has made some poor decisions. If you think that Obama appointing a Monsanto Exec to a top FDA spot was OK (and there’s no conflict of interest there), fine, but at least try to explain why.

Your avoidance leads me to believe that you are not approaching this from a non-biased point of view – am I correct?

Obamacare? This bill was drafted (in large part) by some gigantic – capitalistic – Pharmaceutical companies, something that I consider to be a heavy conflict of interests. Thanks to Obama, we now have no choice but to contribute to the already gigantic profit margins of these companies via government mandate. There was even a law that was included in the bill that will limit United States resident’s ability to obtain cheap medicine from Canada over “safety concerns” (as if we’re stupid enough to believe it has nothing to do with the fact that the Pharm companies can charge 16x the price in the United States).

It was the Republicans that blocked the public option proposal by Obama. Obamacare was thought of by Mitt Romney, you should thank him instead.
Obfuscation....The GOP was 100% shut out of all ACA negotiations. And that has ZERO to do with who helped to draft the bill.
Pharmaceutical Companies and Insurance Companies as well as several medical corporations had a hand in drafting ACA.

Obamacare? This bill was drafted (in large part) by some gigantic – capitalistic – Pharmaceutical companies, something that I consider to be a heavy conflict of interests. Thanks to Obama, we now have no choice but to contribute to the already gigantic profit margins of these companies via government mandate. There was even a law that was included in the bill that will limit United States resident’s ability to obtain cheap medicine from Canada over “safety concerns” (as if we’re stupid enough to believe it has nothing to do with the fact that the Pharm companies can charge 16x the price in the United States).

It was the Republicans that blocked the public option proposal by Obama. Obamacare was thought of by Mitt Romney, you should thank him instead.
Obfuscation....The GOP was 100% shut out of all ACA negotiations. And that has ZERO to do with who helped to draft the bill.
Pharmaceutical Companies and Insurance Companies as well as several medical corporations had a hand in drafting ACA.

The Republicans didn't want to be a part of any health care proposal by Obama. They shut themselves out.

The Republicans didn't want to be a part of any health care proposal by Obama. They shut themselves out.

Not only are you a stooge, but a TOOL also:

Dems Lock Out Republicans ? Literally - ABC News

Republican staff members had secretly set up a video camera outside the committee room. The camera captured a stream of Democrats leaving through a side door of the very committee room they were scheduled to be in — calling into question Democrats' claim that a scheduling conflict involving another committee meeting prevented their attendance.

On Tuesday, the committee's Democrats let the Republicans know that their keys wouldn't work in the hearing room anymore. They'd had the locks changed.

:fu:

Republican staff members had secretly set up a video camera outside the committee room. The camera captured a stream of Democrats leaving through a side door of the very committee room they were scheduled to be in — calling into question Democrats' claim that a scheduling conflict involving another committee meeting prevented their attendance.

On Tuesday, the committee's Democrats let the Republicans know that their keys wouldn't work in the hearing room anymore. They'd had the locks changed.

You said they were locked out of discussions about the health bill. Your link does not mention the health bill. Try again.

It was the Republicans that blocked the public option proposal by Obama.
Liar.

The "public option" (Read: full-on socialization) was left out of the bill because it couldn't muster enough democrat support.

You said they were locked out of discussions about the health bill. Your link does not mention the health bill. Try again.

Perhaps this article will make it a bit more clear for you, OohPah.

C-span (a well respected, non-biased institution) basically made a public plea to the Democrats that they quit converging in secret meetings regarding the Healthcare bill, and bring things out into the open where they belong (given that the discussions will affect the lives of all Americans).

What do you think the reasons for discussing the Heathcare bill in secret are, OohPah?

C-SPAN Demands Democrats Open Secret Health Reform Talks - Doug Heye (usnews.com)

Last edited:

Perhaps this article makes it a bit more clear for you. C-span (a well respected, non-biased institution) is basically making a plea to the Democrats that they quit converging in secret meetings regarding the Healthcare discussion, and bring things out into the open (given that the discussions will affect the lives of all Americans).

Why do you think they were being so secretive?

C-SPAN Demands Democrats Open Secret Health Reform Talks - Doug Heye (usnews.com)

Its probably a secret.

Perhaps this article makes it a bit more clear for you. C-span (a well respected, non-biased institution) is basically making a plea to the Democrats that they quit converging in secret meetings regarding the Healthcare discussion, and bring things out into the open (given that the discussions will affect the lives of all Americans).

Why do you think they were being so secretive?

Its probably a secret.

If having the middle name "Poo" wasn't enough to not take you seriously, that response clinches it

:eusa_hand:

Right. You can believe that if it makes you feel better.
Secret Obamacare Senate Negotiations End on Day 13 ? Reid Announces Deal | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News Blog from The Heritage Foundation
Health care: Shutting out the GOP? - The Week

Wanna change your bullshit story?

Its probably a secret.

Really? That's all you got? You stated this explicitly OohPoo:

You have been shown pretty clear proof that it was the Democrats who were the ones running around in secret (and you seemed to agree - "it's probably a secret"), so at this point are you willing to admit you were incorrect in your position?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back