Why do Republicans think the purpose of government is to turn a profit?

Obamacare? This bill was drafted (in large part) by some gigantic – capitalistic – Pharmaceutical companies, something that I consider to be a heavy conflict of interests. Thanks to Obama, we now have no choice but to contribute to the already gigantic profit margins of these companies via government mandate. There was even a law that was included in the bill that will limit United States resident’s ability to obtain cheap medicine from Canada over “safety concerns” (as if we’re stupid enough to believe it has nothing to do with the fact that the Pharm companies can charge 16x the price in the United States).

It was the Republicans that blocked the public option proposal by Obama. Obamacare was thought of by Mitt Romney, you should thank him instead.

So you’re blaming Mitt Romney for a piece of garbage legislation that was enacted during Obama’s Presidency? No, not fair. You need to own up to this fact; Pharmaceutical companies wrote large swaths of the Healthcare bill and President Obama did nothing to shut this practice down. He was the one man in the United States that could have vetoed the bill, right?

Be a man, an upstanding citizen, and take some responsibility for your own party. When you blindly back the Democrats and absolve them of all wrongdoing you are doing neither yourself or your countrymen any good.

Convenient too that you skip over the Monsanto allegations; why did Barack Obama appoint a former Monsanto exec to a top spot within the FDA? What did Mitt and the Republicans have to do with that one? And too, was Obama forced to sign the Monsanto protection act?

Interested to hear your point of view..

Last edited:

Such a mental midget. We expect the government to not operate at a LOSS and if they turn a profit then they should return the money to the owners - TAX PAYERS!

So the government should not have funded WW II, since it was at a loss?

Why do Republicans say they want to run government like a business?

Last edited:
Obamacare? This bill was drafted (in large part) by some gigantic – capitalistic – Pharmaceutical companies, something that I consider to be a heavy conflict of interests. Thanks to Obama, we now have no choice but to contribute to the already gigantic profit margins of these companies via government mandate. There was even a law that was included in the bill that will limit United States resident’s ability to obtain cheap medicine from Canada over “safety concerns” (as if we’re stupid enough to believe it has nothing to do with the fact that the Pharm companies can charge 16x the price in the United States).

It was the Republicans that blocked the public option proposal by Obama. Obamacare was thought of by Mitt Romney, you should thank him instead.

So you’re blaming Mitt Romney for a piece of garbage legislation that was enacted during Obama’s Presidency? No, not fair. You need to own up to this fact; Pharmaceutical companies wrote large swaths of the Healthcare bill and President Obama did nothing to shut this practice down. He was the one man in the United States that could have vetoed the bill, right?

Be a man, an upstanding citizen, and take some responsibility for your own party. When you blindly back the Democrats and absolve them of all wrongdoing you are doing neither yourself or your countrymen any good.

Convenient too that you skip over the Monsanto allegations; why did Barack Obama appoint a former Monsanto exec to a top spot within the FDA? What did Mitt and the Republicans have to do with that one? And too, was Obama forced to sign the Monsanto protection act?

You can call it whatever you like, the law now erroneously known as "Obamacare" was first proposed by right wing think tanks and first implemented by a Republican governor. These are facts.

Such a mental midget. We expect the government to not operate at a LOSS and if they turn a profit then they should return the money to the owners - TAX PAYERS!

WWII funds were not “at a loss”. We spent those dollars to prevent Hitler from taking over and destroying half of the planet; if he had succeeded with his full plan, the financial losses sustained would have far outweighed the cost of war.

You can call it whatever you like, the law now erroneously known as "Obamacare" was first proposed by right wing think tanks and first implemented by a Republican governor. These are facts.

OohPah - I'm not trying to defend the Republicans; I don't like the Republicans and I think they're just as crony and crooked as the Democrats.

I agree - The 'ObamaCare' model was first implemented by Mitt Romney when he was Governor of Massachusetts (implemented in 1 state).

But who was the guy that implemented this same structure in 50 states? I mean, it's called "Obamacare" (a term the President openly acknowledges and accepts) - right?

Are you so far gone that you can't admit Obama was a key driver of a bill that bears his very name?

And what about Obama's apparent catering to Monsanto - ie a giant corporate business entity (3rd time)?

Last edited:

WWII funds were not “at a loss”. We spent those dollars to prevent Hitler from taking over and destroying half of the planet; if he had succeeded with his full plan, the financial losses sustained would have far outweighed the cost of war.

Then I'm confused as to what you meant by "operate at a LOSS". For everyone on the planet but yourself, that phrase would mean revenue is smaller than income over a given time period. By the meaning that phrase, the government unarguably operated at a loss during WW II. Whether or not it took the loss to avoid a potential larger loss is irrelevant to the question of whether or not it is in fact a loss.

OohPah - I'm not trying to defend the Republicans; I don't like the Republicans and I think they're just as crony and crooked as the Democrats.

I agree - The 'ObamaCare' model was first implemented by Mitt Romney when he was Governor of Massachusetts (implemented in 1 state).

But who was the guy that implemented this same structure in 50 states?

No one person implemented it.
It's freaking called "OBAMAcare"
What it is called is irrelevant. If I called you a carrot would that make you a carrot?

Then I'm confused as to what you meant by "operate at a LOSS".

That was someone else who said this...

But who was the guy that implemented this same structure in 50 states?

No one person implemented it.
It's freaking called "OBAMAcare"
What it is called is irrelevant. If I called you a carrot would that make you a carrot?

OohPah - I think 99% of the American people would agree Obama was central in Obamacare getting passed. I realize - obviously - a lot of individuals were involved in the bill, but it was Obama who used his power as President to get this initiative pushed through.

Once again, are you saying that Obama wasn't central in the creation of Obamacare?

And for the fourth time, what about Obama's appointment of Monsanto VPs to the FDA, and the signing of an act that absolves Monsanto of all liability for health issues that arise from their products?

I just want to see if you're capable of a non-biased assessment of our President.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back