Why do cons believe the weather service?

While I may disagree with some "conservatives" on climate change, this topic wasn't well thought out. As others have said, a meteorologist and a climatologist are two completely different things, and predicting the weather a few days from now is a lot different than predicting the climate a few decades from now.

Just about everybody believes the meteorologists when they say that there's going to be a snow storm coming, or a hurricane, or a heat wave. But when those same meteorologists say "global warming", the cons try to make everyone believe that those weather forecasters don't know what they're talking about.
It should be obvious that the cons are just parrots for the polluter industries. Kind of like when they tried to make everyone believe that smoking cigarettes didn't cause cancer. Back then they were subsidizing the tobacco industry. They still do today. No cure for stupid.

You have never seen a meteorologist get a forecast wrong?

So you go out in shorts and a flip flops, when the weatherman says it's going to be 20 below?

The greed of the "fuck you, me first" cons is willing to not only run up the national debt, and destroy the economy, then blame the liberals. They're also willing to destroy the whole planet for the profits of their corporate polluters, and try to convince everyone that the scientists have it all wrong. Here, have a cigarette.

Just about everybody believes the meteorologists when they say that there's going to be a snow storm coming, or a hurricane, or a heat wave. But when those same meteorologists say "global warming", the cons try to make everyone believe that those weather forecasters don't know what they're talking about.
It should be obvious that the cons are just parrots for the polluter industries. Kind of like when they tried to make everyone believe that smoking cigarettes didn't cause cancer. Back then they were subsidizing the tobacco industry. They still do today. No cure for stupid.

So you go out in shorts and a flip flops, when the weatherman says it's going to be 20 below?

The greed of the "fuck you, me first" cons is willing to not only run up the national debt, and destroy the economy, then blame the liberals. They're also willing to destroy the whole planet for the profits of their corporate polluters, and try to convince everyone that the scientists have it all wrong. Here, have a cigarette.

That didnt answer the question, Nimrod.
The Left are the greedy ones, always wanting to take what other people have earned so they can feel good about themselves. Fuck you, have some Obamacare, you senseless asshole.

As a matter of fact, I do, because any weatherman around here who says, "20 below" is obviously smoking crack.

Sweetie, it ain't CONSERVATIVES in charge and running up the national debt right now, nor has that ever been anything but a strictly bipartisan form of entertainment, so you can just get over that head of self-righteous indignation you've built up.

And by the way, shove that childish, overblown hyperbole where the sun don't shine, huh?

Yeah that's really not a answer to my question not that I really expected one please don't waste my time with your childish partisan tantrum.

Doubling down on the stupid I see. Good luck with that.

Every now and again the weather sevice gets is right.
They say a heavy storm is coming I go with that.
More often then not they get it wrong...

Now we are supposed to believe that they can predicate what the planet will look like 1000 years from now.

I don't think so.

They have projected their own personal wishes into infinity thinking that big government is to be abolished at all levels. I can see wanting to keep them out of your personal life, I agree with that, but at some point a person's ability to screw-up the lives of neighbors becomes so great that they must be subject to public scrutiny as in the case of companies that keep/produce large quantities of dangerous substances. In case of pollution the conservative way would be after-the-fact enforcement of simplistic pollution laws written by the polluters themselves, this is what we have in the case of the WV spill, and what do we have? Polluted water and no way to make the dumpers pay for it.

When did anyone on the right come out in favor of pollution? please give us some citations or STFU.

Was it my imagination of did several candidates suggest pulling the teeth or even abolishing the EPA? A quick google search shows at least two did call for it to be rendered powerless or abolished altogether. That may not be an explicit endorsement of pollution but telling the environment cops to go home is the same thing.

State have their own EPA's.

Those won't go away that I know of if they get rid of the leviathan in D.C.

Meteorologists attempt to predict the weather that will happen tomorrow. And in that they are reasonably successful. Approximately 90% of their predictions for the next day are accurate. That drops to 48% for two days etc. By the end of the week their predictive accuracy plummets to around 5%.

Climatologists are trying to tell us what will happen years from now. And they use computer models that aren't even as good as what the meteorologists use. They can't even do a hindcast from yesterday. Even with 100% knowledge of all variables they still can't re-create that which occurred the day before.

Further, their very methodologies have been called into question. They have violated every principle of the SCIENTIFIC METHOD (look it up) and have so corrupted the peer review process that in the minds of legitimate scientists, they are no longer credible.

So, the question I have for you is, why do you give them the time of day when every prediction they have ever made has been wrong?

On Valentines day, 2007, our local forecast called for 3 to 5 inches of snow. Twenty hours later, we were at 24 inches.

This happened when they had radar tracking a storm that was moving eastward at a constant velocity, producing a steady stream of moisture at a specific rate.

This was a 24 hour forecast.

Now, you want to use a daily forecast of weather that is only 80% accurate and then project that to say that in 20 to 100 years from now, they can predict the temperature of the planet......

And you want to ridicule republicans?

Too funny....

iMKmQIl.png

Forum List

Back