why do Blacks use welfare at 6 times the rate of Whites?

Just goes to show you what a horrific institution slavery and Jim Crow..actually were.

Poverty like wealth is inherited. Two fold if you live in a country that regards skin color as a basis for intellect, ability, integrity and merit.

if poverty can be inherited, so can stupidity and laziness

stupidity (the reckless portion) and laziness are part of a group of behavioural traits called executive function. EF is even more heritable than intelligence.

poverty is just a symptom of low functioning social behaviour except for temporary circumstances like being a student.

I find it funny that behaviours associated with slavery are often accepted as inherited in an unchallenged fashion but traits like intelligence are denied as genetic even with overwhelming supporting evidence.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzspsovNvII]Chapter - It's Free Swipe Yo EBT (Explicit) - YouTube[/ame]

Characteristics and Financial Circumstances - FY 2008

actually it is more than 6 times but that is nitpicking. why are blacks so vulnerable to being incapable of taking care of themselves? the numbers for using govt handout programs are even more skewed. why do so many blacks settle for a marginal parasitic lifestyle?

why do so many blacks fail to acquire lifeskills necessary for middleclass living? is it capability, substandard values and culture or is it just racism and lack of opportunity?

has affirmative action run into the brick wall of human capital? is it possible to drag more blacks into the middleclass by handing out more govt and AA jobs to underqualified minorities or have we reached the point of diminished returns?

They feel it's their right.
They feel it's something owed to them.
They feel it the government is stupid enough to give stuff away why not take it.
They feel the government has plenty of money,they won't mind being scammed for more.
Why bother to work when voting for Libs will keep them in free stuff.
They feel they are victims because the Libs tell them so.

Just goes to show you what a horrific institution slavery and Jim Crow..actually were.

Poverty like wealth is inherited. Two fold if you live in a country that regards skin color as a basis for intellect, ability, integrity and merit.

Get the fuck over it already! Slavery has been over for a hundred and fifty years. Take some personal responsibility for once in your miserable life. Demand it of others!

slavery is that old, but equality is not...it is in most of our lifetimes that we remember when institutionalized racism was perfectly acceptable as well as racism..that takes longer than one lifetime to over come. So let's find out where we are in 2070 and then we can discuss whether it is really over or not...MLK fought for something ..and if with the end of slavery also had came equal rights you might have a point, but it didn't so nothing really changed with the end of slavery and in fact things became worse.

Characteristics and Financial Circumstances - FY 2008

actually it is more than 6 times but that is nitpicking. why are blacks so vulnerable to being incapable of taking care of themselves? the numbers for using govt handout programs are even more skewed. why do so many blacks settle for a marginal parasitic lifestyle?

why do so many blacks fail to acquire lifeskills necessary for middleclass living? is it capability, substandard values and culture or is it just racism and lack of opportunity?

has affirmative action run into the brick wall of human capital? is it possible to drag more blacks into the middleclass by handing out more govt and AA jobs to underqualified minorities or have we reached the point of diminished returns?

They feel it's their right.
They feel it's something owed to them.
They feel it the government is stupid enough to give stuff away why not take it.
They feel the government has plenty of money,they won't mind being scammed for more.
Why bother to work when voting for Libs will keep them in free stuff.
They feel they are victims because the Libs tell them so.

If libs are the problem with freebies given to blacks, whywas the situation not reversed when republicans controlled the congress and the presidencyseveral years back?

Xchel, do you think blacks were enslaved because of their skin color?

I think that what you are asking has nothing to do with the discussion we have at hand considering that whites and Native Americans were enslaved as well..the difference is equality and the rights that were afforded to each group that made huge differences in how things turned out.

First of all I know they were picked for their strength.
If blacks were so strong, how were they enslaved so easliy?

by force

exactly...sounds like Tank needs to brush up on history a little and he is worrying about the why crap when he needs to focus on the more present stuff of equality. I have to wonder if Tank thinks that slavery should still be legal?

Get the fuck over it already! Slavery has been over for a hundred and fifty years. Take some personal responsibility for once in your miserable life. Demand it of others!
Slavery ended, but the Jinm Crow south was there by legislative mandate. How is it so many Conservatives want to ignore that era? Probably because they not only supported it but are responsible for the legislation that started it in the first place.

And responders, please note I said Conservatives. I'm referring to the political ideology, not a specific political party.

So, Jim Crow cut the American Black's collective knees off. No chance for Blacks to become successful and build the necessary networks to bring others along.

All because of racism, and then the stupid and lurid defense of state's rights.
soooo racism causes STDs ?? Silly me.... I thought unprotected sex with anything that moves did ........:confused:
Golly! Where on earth did you find the perch to jump to such a conclusion? STDs?!? Who said anything about STDs?

The number one root cause of poverty in the USA is starting out without enough money AT CHILDHOOD.

As BLACKS traditionally have now and have always been rather short of capital to raise themselves and their families out of poverty, we see this problem reverberating through one generation after the other.

I know that isn't what many of you want to believe, of course, but that is really the root cause of why Blacks are not prepared (as so many of their White neighbors are) to climb out of poverty.

Being poor changes the way you see opportunity because the opportunity that people with even a slight benefit have is NOT available to you and yours.

Um.

Your history is lousy chief. Slavery was slowly phased out after the civil war. Then most of the country was under de facto aparthied. It wasn't until 1960 or so that you begin to see legislation that protects the rights of people who are black. And it really wasn't more then another decade until programs that helped infuse a little parity into the mix came online. Those were under relentless attacks begining in the 80s.

40 acres and a mule was probably the way to go. But it is was over before it happened.

But true parity would have been enslaving the enslavers for a century or so.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enslaveing the Enslavers!?!?! Thats a joke! They arent able to be enslavers,, thats why they were slaves.... And they always say that slavery is the cause for their failure now... How is that? As a slave it seems you would have learned how to work, garden and do many other tasks that it takes to support a household.. Unless the slave truely was only a tool to be used to work with and to garden with.. Because I know for a fact that you can have a pile of wood and sit a saw, hammer, measuring tape and nails on it and those tools will just sit there and NEVER BUILD ANYTHING... Blacks too would sit on the wood and never build anything.. This is why blacks will never be superior. Whatever abilities they could develope is destroyed by their laziness and lack of integrity..

The liberals say they want a revolution.... Well me too!! They just dont know what they're asking for....

SHUT THE FOODSTAMPS OFF FOR 3 MONTHS AND JUST SEE WHAT HAPPENS..........

The number one root cause of poverty in the USA is starting out without enough money AT CHILDHOOD.

As BLACKS traditionally have now and have always been rather short of capital to raise themselves and their families out of poverty, we see this problem reverberating through one generation after the other.

I know that isn't what many of you want to believe, of course, but that is really the root cause of why Blacks are not prepared (as so many of their White neighbors are) to climb out of poverty.

Being poor changes the way you see opportunity because the opportunity that people with even a slight benefit have is NOT available to you and yours.
Shit, Mexicans come illegaly here from Mexico everyday without money and can't speak the language, and they are doing better then blacks.

Forum List

Back