What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cherokee Indians: We are free to oust blacks

Google

Gold Member
Reaction score
I had a sociology professor recently that berated me in front of the class and told me that I was most certainly incorrect that Cherokee Indians owned slaves and operated small agricultural operations and even fought for the Confederacy.

Arguing with a college professor is a futile as running head first into a brick wall.

Apparently, the slaves that the Cherokee took with them through the Trail of Tears after Democrat Andrew Jackson screwed them over were granted tribal citizenship after the Civil War.

"After the Civil War, in which the Cherokee fought for the South, a treaty was signed in 1866 guaranteeing tribal citizenship for the freed slaves." Cherokee Indians: We are free to oust blacks - US news - Life - msnbc.com

The Cherokee Supreme Court has ruled that they are permitted to revoke citizenship and kick out all black descendants.

If a white person not liking black people is racism, and a black person not liking white people is reverse racism....what is this :eusa_eh:

syrenn

Rookie
Reaction score
I had a sociology professor recently that berated me in front of the class and told me that I was most certainly incorrect that Cherokee Indians owned slaves and operated small agricultural operations and even fought for the Confederacy.

Arguing with a college professor is a futile as running head first into a brick wall.

Apparently, the slaves that the Cherokee took with them through the Trail of Tears after Democrat Andrew Jackson screwed them over were granted tribal citizenship after the Civil War.

"After the Civil War, in which the Cherokee fought for the South, a treaty was signed in 1866 guaranteeing tribal citizenship for the freed slaves." Cherokee Indians: We are free to oust blacks - US news - Life - msnbc.com

The Cherokee Supreme Court has ruled that they are permitted to revoke citizenship and kick out all black descendants.

If a white person not liking black people is racism, and a black person not liking white people is reverse racism....what is this :eusa_eh:

Being voted off the island?

bill5

Reaction score
Yep, almost always, esp when it's about the subject they allege to be experts in.

If a white person not liking black people is racism, and a black person not liking white people is reverse racism....what is this
Another excuse for blacks to whine?

Why do some teachers have to be such pricks?
Arrogance and insecurity, IMO. They're so used to dictating "the truth" to students who assume the teacher is correct and have done this for so long, it's a long slow but extreme buildup of ego.

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Reaction score

You are, of course, correct...and another 'professor' incorrect.
Bring in a copy of “Driven West: Andrew Jackson and the Trail of Tears to the Civil War,” by A.J. Langguth, in which you will find:

The Indians in question were known as “The Five Civilized Tribes,” the Choctaw, Seminoles, Chicasaw, Creek and the Cherokee. They lived in the areas of Tennessee, Georgia and the Carolinas. These tribes adapted best to white culture, with the wives responsible for the communal farming and the chores, while the men did the hunting. Soft spoken and obedient, the women found favor among the whites and were often taken as wives.

a. Drink was a problem, and English traders used this fact, bringing rum to barter. Among the Indians, they forgave any infraction except murder when under the influence of alcohol.

b. Northern missionaries were shocked to find that the Cherokee held slaves, and not just of other tribes! When cotton farming became profitable, they, like white Southerners, bought African slaves.

c. Settlers bought land from these Indians, to such an extent, that their councils instituted “The Blood Law:” If a Cherokee sold land without the council’s permission, they could be murdered!

d. When problems with the United States arose, the Cherokee practed a kind of passive resistance, never taking up arms against this nation.

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Reaction score

You are, of course, correct...and another 'professor' incorrect.
Bring in a copy of “Driven West: Andrew Jackson and the Trail of Tears to the Civil War,” by A.J. Langguth, in which you will find:

The Indians in question were known as “The Five Civilized Tribes,” the Choctaw, Seminoles, Chicasaw, Creek and the Cherokee. They lived in the areas of Tennessee, Georgia and the Carolinas. These tribes adapted best to white culture, with the wives responsible for the communal farming and the chores, while the men did the hunting. Soft spoken and obedient, the women found favor among the whites and were often taken as wives.

a. Drink was a problem, and English traders used this fact, bringing rum to barter. Among the Indians, they forgave any infraction except murder when under the influence of alcohol.

b. Northern missionaries were shocked to find that the Cherokee held slaves, and not just of other tribes! When cotton farming became profitable, they, like white Southerners, bought African slaves.

c. Settlers bought land from these Indians, to such an extent, that their councils instituted “The Blood Law:” If a Cherokee sold land without the council’s permission, they could be murdered!

d. When problems with the United States arose, the Cherokee practed a kind of passive resistance, never taking up arms against this nation.

whats a lib to do eh? cannot take a side against blacks, cannot bash Indians.....heads explode..:lol:

manifold

Diamond Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as 'reverse' racism. Racism is racism.

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ojRQ15My7s]Cherokee Nation-Paul Revere and The Raiders - YouTube[/ame]

Swagger

Gold Member
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6E98ZRaU1s&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL77A88BE68300F8B7"]How, Chief Runnin' Brother.[/ame]

Zona

A guy in ariZONA
Reaction score

Being voted off the island?

Wrong show..:lol:

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$142.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List