Why did this US governor pardon child rapists and brutal killers?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

In May 2014, Patrick Baker and two accomplices set out to rob a house in Knox county, Kentucky. Baker knew the hardest part of the home invasion would be getting past the front door, so he devised a plan to dress up as police officers conducting a routine investigation.

Once inside the Mills family home, Baker revealed his true colours. He tied up the mother of the family, ignoring the pleas of the three children present, stole money and objects, then turned a gun on the father, Donald Mills, shooting him dead.

When Judge David Williams sentenced Baker in December 2017 to 19 years in prison for reckless homicide, burglary and impersonating a police officer, he said he would have given a longer punishment if he could. “I’ve been practicing law for 30-something years, and I’ve never seen a more compelling or complete case, the evidence was just overwhelming.”

Fast-forward just two years and Patrick Baker is a free man, released by Kentucky’s outgoing governor in act that has been dubbed “extreme pardon”.

Im not looking to make a partisan point here. He has been condemned by people in his own party so I would appreciate it if we keep the politics out of the discussion.

But what is going on here? It sounds like a plot for Star Chamber 2.

Good question.

Why did his successor return voting rights to 100,000 felons, but not their gun rights?

In May 2014, Patrick Baker and two accomplices set out to rob a house in Knox county, Kentucky. Baker knew the hardest part of the home invasion would be getting past the front door, so he devised a plan to dress up as police officers conducting a routine investigation.

Once inside the Mills family home, Baker revealed his true colours. He tied up the mother of the family, ignoring the pleas of the three children present, stole money and objects, then turned a gun on the father, Donald Mills, shooting him dead.

When Judge David Williams sentenced Baker in December 2017 to 19 years in prison for reckless homicide, burglary and impersonating a police officer, he said he would have given a longer punishment if he could. “I’ve been practicing law for 30-something years, and I’ve never seen a more compelling or complete case, the evidence was just overwhelming.”

Fast-forward just two years and Patrick Baker is a free man, released by Kentucky’s outgoing governor in act that has been dubbed “extreme pardon”.

Im not looking to make a partisan point here. He has been condemned by people in his own party so I would appreciate it if we keep the politics out of the discussion.

Because this puke ex governor is a fundamental christian nutball who doesnt find child rape as distasteful as a normal person would. With some extra reading, you will find this nutball fundamental religious faction is very active in Kentucky, actively lobbying for child marriage and less strict statutory rape laws.

Because this puke ex governor is a fundamental christian nutball who doesnt find child rape as distasteful as a normal person would. With some extra reading, you will find this nutball fundamental religious faction is very active in Kentucky, actively lobbying for child marriage and less strict statutory rape laws.
I cant believe that anybody would support this.

Typical Republican

Why Kentucky now has a Democrat as Governor

Good question.

Why did his successor return voting rights to 100,000 felons, but not their gun rights?
Do you think Mr Baker should be on the streets? It is a bit of a slap to his victims and the police who caught him.

I don't think any violent felon should be on the streets, or in prison for that matter.

Because he's an asshole.

Uhhhh....because he was innocent? That's my guess.

Why Patrick Baker – an Innocent Man - Deserved a Pardon by Kentucky Gov. Bevin - Loevy & Loevy

Good question.

Do you think Mr Baker should be on the streets? It is a bit of a slap to his victims and the police who caught him.

I don't think any violent felon should be on the streets, or in prison for that matter.
So why did he do it ?
Why do you care? You don’t live here

Uhhhh....because he was innocent? That's my guess.

Why Patrick Baker – an Innocent Man - Deserved a Pardon by Kentucky Gov. Bevin - Loevy & Loevy
Not necessarily. If that was the case then an appeal is the logical step.

Well here is what the Gov said. He doesnt mention the $25k that Bakers family gave him though.

Pardon for killer by former Kentucky Gov. Bevin sparks calls for investigation

Bevin wrote in the pardoning document that Baker's “drug addictions” led him to fall in with the wrong people and the evidence against Baker was “sketchy at best.”

It doesn't matter how much they contributed to his campaign, the evidence was still questionable. We don't convict people on the basis of their relative's political affiliations here.

Forum List

Back