Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road?

taken an introductory physiology course might have discerned intuitively--that humans are herbivores. Leakey notes that "[y]ou can't tear flesh by hand, you can't tear hide by hand.... We wouldn't have been able to deal with food source that required those large canines" (although we have teeth that are called "canines," they bear little resemblance to the canines of carnivores).

In fact, our hands are perfect for grabbing and picking fruits and vegetables. Similarly, like the intestines of other herbivores, ours are very long (carnivores have short intestines so they can quickly get rid of all that rotting flesh they eat). We don't have sharp claws to seize and hold down prey. And most of us (hopefully) lack the instinct that would drive us to chase and then kill animals and devour their raw carcasses. Dr. Milton Mills builds on these points and offers dozens more in his essay, "A Comparative Anatomy of Eating."

Shattering The Meat Myth: Humans Are Natural Vegetarians
That's just off the charts stupid. Of course we can rip through and chew meat. We are omnivores not herbivorous. Billions of people have proven it.

We're not omnivores--- DOGS are omnivores. Carla's link has it exactly right.

pug.jpg

taken an introductory physiology course might have discerned intuitively--that humans are herbivores. Leakey notes that "[y]ou can't tear flesh by hand, you can't tear hide by hand.... We wouldn't have been able to deal with food source that required those large canines" (although we have teeth that are called "canines," they bear little resemblance to the canines of carnivores).

In fact, our hands are perfect for grabbing and picking fruits and vegetables. Similarly, like the intestines of other herbivores, ours are very long (carnivores have short intestines so they can quickly get rid of all that rotting flesh they eat). We don't have sharp claws to seize and hold down prey. And most of us (hopefully) lack the instinct that would drive us to chase and then kill animals and devour their raw carcasses. Dr. Milton Mills builds on these points and offers dozens more in his essay, "A Comparative Anatomy of Eating."

That's just off the charts stupid. Of course we can rip through and chew meat. We are omnivores not herbivorous. Billions of people have proven it.

Ding dong was comparing human teeth to wolves, which are carnivores. And just because we can eat meat, it doesn't mean we should. As I already pointed out, our intestines are long, while a carnivores intestines are short and can digest meat much faster. Obviously, you didn't read the entire link.

The point is this: Thousands of years ago when we were hunter-gatherers, we may have needed a bit of meat in our diets in times of scarcity, but we don't need it now. Says Dr. William C. Roberts, editor of the American Journal of Cardiology, "Although we think we are, and we act as if we are, human beings are not natural carnivores. When we kill animals to eat them, they end up killing us, because their flesh, which contains cholesterol and saturated fat, was never intended for human beings, who are natural herbivores."

Sure, most of us are "behavioral omnivores"--that is, we eat meat, so that defines us as omnivorous. But our evolution and physiology are herbivorous, and ample science proves that when we choose to eat meat, that causes problems, from decreased energy and a need for more sleep up to increased risk for obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.

Old habits die hard, and it's convenient for people who like to eat meat to think that there is evidence to support their belief that eating meat is "natural" or the cause of our evolution. For many years, I too, clung to the idea that meat and dairy were good for me; I realize now that I was probably comforted to have justification for my continued attachment to the traditions I grew up with.

But in fact top nutritional and anthropological scientists from the most reputable institutions imaginable say categorically that humans are natural herbivores, and that we will be healthier today if we stick with our herbivorous roots. It may be inconvenient, but it alas, it is the truth.

I didn't just start paying attention to food last week, I don't need to read your goddamn link. Human beings are omnivours and have proven it for many thousands of years. It doesn't go away because of your beliefs.

And no, not all nutritionists/scientists/monks agree with the theory. Finding some doesn't make your case, many more do not agree. It's difficult to get all the amino acids from vegetables. It's doable but one needs to know what they are doing.

And I've tried it numerous times, the last time I had one egg for meat in two months. I got so weak I could barely get out of bed. And that was eating and juicing high quality veggies in variety with nuts, beans, etc.

Humans didn't evolve with eating grains, they ate meat, fruit and veggies. No belief system can over ride the physical reality of the matter.

Ding dong was comparing human teeth to wolves, which are carnivores. And just because we can eat meat, it doesn't mean we should. As I already pointed out, our intestines are long, while a carnivores intestines are short and can digest meat much faster. Obviously, you didn't read the entire link.

The point is this: Thousands of years ago when we were hunter-gatherers, we may have needed a bit of meat in our diets in times of scarcity, but we don't need it now. Says Dr. William C. Roberts, editor of the American Journal of Cardiology, "Although we think we are, and we act as if we are, human beings are not natural carnivores. When we kill animals to eat them, they end up killing us, because their flesh, which contains cholesterol and saturated fat, was never intended for human beings, who are natural herbivores."

Sure, most of us are "behavioral omnivores"--that is, we eat meat, so that defines us as omnivorous. But our evolution and physiology are herbivorous, and ample science proves that when we choose to eat meat, that causes problems, from decreased energy and a need for more sleep up to increased risk for obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.

Old habits die hard, and it's convenient for people who like to eat meat to think that there is evidence to support their belief that eating meat is "natural" or the cause of our evolution. For many years, I too, clung to the idea that meat and dairy were good for me; I realize now that I was probably comforted to have justification for my continued attachment to the traditions I grew up with.

But in fact top nutritional and anthropological scientists from the most reputable institutions imaginable say categorically that humans are natural herbivores, and that we will be healthier today if we stick with our herbivorous roots. It may be inconvenient, but it alas, it is the truth.

I didn't just start paying attention to food last week, I don't need to read your goddamn link. Human beings are omnivours and have proven it for many thousands of years. It doesn't go away because of your beliefs.

And no, not all nutritionists/scientists/monks agree with the theory. Finding some doesn't make your case, many more do not agree. It's difficult to get all the amino acids from vegetables. It's doable but one needs to know what they are doing.

And I've tried it numerous times, the last time I had one egg for meat in two months. I got so weak I could barely get out of bed. And that was eating and juicing high quality veggies in variety with nuts, beans, etc.

Humans didn't evolve with eating grains, they ate meat, fruit and veggies. No belief system can over ride the physical reality of the matter.

Your post is unsurprisingly ignorant.

First of all, you don't need to replace meat, and if you're replacing meat with eggs you're going from one disaster to another. I don't know where you're getting your information, but juicing is another clue that you have no idea what you're talking about. Juicing causes you to miss out on the fiber that you would normally get from eating whole fruits and veggies. Separating the juice from a fruit or vegetable and only consuming the liquid part of it means consuming all of the sugar and water, and none of the nutrition and fiber that were all present in the original fruit or veggie.

Do you get your health info from Dr Oz?

Note to readers, do not get your health info from idiot posters on a forum. There is a reason American's are obese and dying from cancer.

We've got one "blue zone" in this country, and it's in Loma Linda, California. Seventh-day Adventists are in Loma Linda, and most of them eat a plant based diet and live approx 10 years longer than the rest of us.

Humans are herbivores:

We have no claws

We perspire through skin pores

We have no sharp front teeth, our rear molars are for grinding

Our intestinal tract is that of herbivores

Our stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater

We have well-developed salivary glands, which are necessary to pre-digest, grains and fruits

Last edited:
An omnivore is an animal that eats plants and animals. That describes most humans so the fail is all yours. Where do you guys get this shit? HuffPo?

We are "behavioral" omnivores, but natural herbivores. Where do we get this shit? How about by reading? Try reading from sources that have actually done years of study on this very subject.

Last edited:
Carla_Danger-- Don't eat that damn chicken, let it cross the road.

Humans are herbivores.

Human saliva contains the carbohydrate-digesting enzyme, salivary amylase. This enzyme is responsible for the majority of starch digestion. The esophagus is narrow and suited to small, soft balls of thoroughly chewed food. Eating quickly, attempting to swallow a large amount of food or swallowing fibrous and/or poorly chewed food (meat is the most frequent culprit) often results in choking in humans.

Man's stomach is single-chambered, but only moderately acidic. (Clinically, a person presenting with a gastric pH less than 4-5 when there is food in the stomach is cause for concern.) The stomach volume represents about 21-27% of the total volume of the human GI tract. The stomach serves as a mixing and storage chamber, mixing and liquefying ingested foodstuffs and regulating their entry into the small intestine. The human small intestine is long, averaging from 10 to 11 times the body length. (Our small intestine averages 22 to 30 feet in length. Human body size is measured from the top of the head to end of the spine and averages between two to three feet in length in normal-sized individuals.)

The human colon demonstrates the pouched structure peculiar to herbivores. The distensible large intestine is larger in cross-section than the small intestine, and is relatively long. Man's colon is responsible for water and electrolyte absorption and vitamin production and absorption. There is also extensive bacterial fermentation of fibrous plant materials, with the production and absorption of significant amounts of food energy (volatile short-chain fatty acids) depending upon the fiber content of the diet. The extent to which the fermentation and absorption of metabolites takes place in the human colon has only recently begun to be investigated.

In conclusion, we see that human beings have the gastrointestinal tract structure of a "committed" herbivore. Humankind does not show the mixed structural features one expects and finds in anatomical omnivores such as bears and raccoons. Thus, from comparing the gastrointestinal tract of humans to that of carnivores, herbivores and omnivores we must conclude that humankind's GI tract is designed for a purely plant-food diet.

Entire article @

The Comparative Anatomy of Eating - Vegsource.com

First of all, you don't need to replace meat, and if you're replacing meat with eggs you're going from one disaster to another. I don't know where you're getting your information, but juicing is another clue that you have no idea what you're talking about. Juicing causes you to miss out on the fiber that you would normally get from eating whole fruits and veggies. Separating the juice from a fruit or vegetable and only consuming the liquid part of it means consuming all of the sugar and water, and none of the nutrition and fiber that were all present in the original fruit or veggie.

Note to readers, do not get your health info from idiot posters on a forum. There is a reason American's are obese and dying from cancer.

We've got one "blue zone" in this country, and it's in Loma Linda, California. Seventh-day Adventists are in Loma Linda, and most of them eat a plant based diet and live approx 10 years longer than the rest of us.

Humans are herbivores:

We have no claws

We have well-developed salivary glands, which are necessary to pre-digest, grains and fruits
You smug retard.

I get plenty of fiber you hate filled cvnt. I know what I eat better than you do! Lots of raw veggies, juicing doesn't take it away. Juicing adds to your nutrition. I'm not going to eat two or three apples, a cucumber, tomato, four carrots, ginger, etc. But I'll get all the nutrition from it by juicing. It sounds like you need some because you brain is little more than a toggle switch, it sees all or nothing.

Lots of info out there, people don't need to believe me. The fact is that we are omnivores, not herbivores. Billions of people have proven you wrong.

Comparing us to carnivores is doubling down on retard. Good job!

An omnivore is an animal that eats plants and animals. That describes most humans so the fail is all yours. Where do you guys get this shit? HuffPo?

We are "behavioral" omnivores, but natural herbivores. Where do we get this shit? How about by reading? Try reading from sources that have actually done years of study on this very subject.
I don't read HuffPo, I don't want to be as stupid as you. Look words up if you don't understand their meanings.

I don't read HuffPo, I don't want to be as stupid as you. Look words up if you don't understand their meanings.

That wasn't from HuffPo, you big dummy. And I will take the word of American physician Caldwell Esselstyn and professor of nutritional biochemistry T. Colin Campbell, over the word of an idiot poster any day of the week, thank you.

Humans are herbivores:

We have no claws

You smug retard.

I get plenty of fiber you hate filled cvnt. I know what I eat better than you do! Lots of raw veggies, juicing doesn't take it away. Juicing adds to your nutrition. I'm not going to eat two or three apples, a cucumber, tomato, four carrots, ginger, etc. But I'll get all the nutrition from it by juicing. It sounds like you need some because you brain is little more than a toggle switch, it sees all or nothing.

Lots of info out there, people don't need to believe me. The fact is that we are omnivores, not herbivores. Billions of people have proven you wrong.

More proof of your ignorance on this subject. I would bet money that you're obese and suffer from diabetes.

The juice from a fruit or vegetable carries none of the good cancer-fighting compounds that are in the whole fruit or veggies. All that gets expressed in the juice is the fructose, and fructose is a type of sugar that's very bad for human beings in large quantities. We can handle the fructose in fruits only because it comes with all that fiber which slows the digestion and absorption of the fructose as it moves through the GI tract.

Juice = useless empty calories that cause obesity and diabetes. You need to throw your juicer out and go read something.

That wasn't from HuffPo, you big dummy. And I will take the word of American physician Caldwell Esselstyn and professor of nutritional biochemistry T. Colin Campbell, over the word of an idiot poster any day of the week, thank you.
Physicians know as much about food as the average fast food worker. What biochemist says you can't get nutrition from juicing?

No study will ever prove we aren't omnivores...because we are. Some people, like Eskimos, eat little else than meat. A balanced diet is what works best. You think all biochemists agree with your source?

Humans are herbivores:

We have no claws

You smug retard.

More proof of your ignorance on this subject. I would bet money that you're obese and suffer from diabetes.

The juice from a fruit or vegetable carries none of the good cancer-fighting compounds that are in the whole fruit or veggies. All that gets expressed in the juice is the fructose, and fructose is a type of sugar that's very bad for human beings in large quantities. We can handle the fructose in fruits only because it comes with all that fiber which slows the digestion and absorption of the fructose as it moves through the GI tract.

Juice = useless empty calories that cause obesity and diabetes. You need to throw your juicer out and go read something.
You just keep em coming don't you? I'm 6' and 170lbs. Hardly fat, no medications. I eat healthy and have for a long time.

You don't understand what cancer fighting means. A cancer proof body is a healthy body, not just a body that takes a Beta Carotene supplement or eats a pound of kale a day.

I heard the juice is sugar bullshit from a few people, they don't know what they're babbling about. You honestly think the fiber slows it down and turns it into something magic? Whatever nutrition is in the ingredients gets absorbed. There's no basis in fact for your theory.

Juicing vs. blending – what’s the difference? | The Whole U
Juicing is a process where the liquid part of the fruit or vegetable is separated from the pulp, or fiber. You get a thin and concentrated liquid product that contains vitamins, minerals, and other phytonutrients, which are bioactive plant-derived compounds associated with positive health effects. You specifically need a juicer to do this.

Actually, it wasn't a road. It was the Gaza strip and they were trying to take their land back. The BBQ commensed(es)

DONALD TRUMP: All Mexican chickens who wish to cross this road must submit to a complete background check, and full body search.

BARACK OBAMA: Let me be perfectly clear, if the chickens like their eggs they can keep their eggs. No chicken will be required to cross the road to surrender her eggs. Period.

JOHN McCain: My friends, the chicken crossed the road because he recognized the need to engage in cooperation and dialogue with all the chickens on the other side of the road.

HILLARY CLINTON: What difference at this point does it make why the chicken crossed the road?

DICK CHENEY: Where's my gun?

COLIN POWELL: Now to the left of the screen, you can clearly see the satellite image of the chicken crossing the road.

BILL CLINTON: I did not cross the road with that chicken.

AL GORE: I invented the chicken.

JOHN KERRY: Although I voted to let the chicken cross the road, I am now against it. It was the wrong road to cross, and I was misled about the chicken's intentions. I am not for it now, and will remain against it.

AL SHARPTON: Why are all the chickens white?

DR. PHIL: The problem we have here is that this chicken won't realize that he must first deal with the problem on this side of the road before it goes after the problem on the other side of the road. What we need to do is help him realize how stupid he is acting by not taking on his current problems before adding any new problems.

OPRAH: Well, I understand that the chicken is having problems, which is why he wants to cross the road so badly. So instead of having the chicken learn from his mistakes and take falls, which is a part of life, I'm going to give this chicken a NEW CAR so that he can just drive across the road and not live his life like the rest of the chickens.

ANDERSON COOPER: We have reason to believe there is a chicken, but we have not yet been allowed to have access to the other side of the road.

NANCY GRACE: That chicken crossed the road because he's guilty! You can see it in his eyes and the way he walks.

MARTHA STEWART: No one called me to warn me which way the chicken was going. I had a standing order at the Farmer's Market to sell my eggs when the price dropped to a certain level. No little bird gave me any insider information.

DR. SEUSS: Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with a toad? Yes, the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I've not been told.

ERNEST HEMINGWAY: To die in the rain, alone.

JERRY FALWELL: Because the chicken was gay! Can't you people see the plain truth? That's why they call it the 'other side.' Yes, my friends, that chicken was gay. If you eat that chicken, you will become gay too. I say we boycott all chickens until we sort out this abomination that the Liberal media whitewashes with seemingly harmless phrases.like ‘the other side’ It's as plain and as simple as that.

GRANDPA: In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough for us

BARBARA WALTERS: Isn't that interesting? In a few moments, we will be listening to the chicken tell, for the first time, the heartwarming story of how it experienced a serious case of molting, and went on to accomplish its lifelong dream of crossing the road.

ARISTOTLE: It is the nature of chickens to cross the road.

JOHN LENNON: Imagine all the chickens in the world crossing roads together, in peace.

BILL GATES: I have just released e-Chicken 2015, which will not only cross roads, but will lay eggs, file your important documents and balance your checkbook. Internet Explorer is an integral part of e-Chicken 2015. This new platform is much more stable and will never reboot.

ALBERT EINSTEIN: Did the chicken really cross the road, or did the road move beneath the chicken?

COLONEL SANDERS: Did I miss one??

Why did the dyslexic cross the road?

To side to the other get to the.

In part the medical profession. I work with doctors. A lot.
Which means nothing on two fronts. Doctors don't know shit about nutrition and you working with them isn't evidence that we are herbivores. Any doctor that thinks so needs to quit offering his opinion and stick with gouging people for medications with side effects and surgery. It's all they really know.

Which means nothing on two fronts. Doctors don't know shit about nutrition and you working with them isn't evidence that we are herbivores. Any doctor that thinks so needs to quit offering his opinion and stick with gouging people for medications with side effects and surgery. It's all they really know.

You didn't ask what the evidence was here --- you asked what the SOURCE was. So I told you. And it's not the doctors themselves but the medical research behind it (which is what I work with), and that's one source out of several. I also had to educate myself independently on my own digestive issues (ulcers for one), which is another source.

You sure jumped on that defensively, bent on moving the goalposts and denouncing everything in sight.
Perhaps whatever animals you're eating are making you melt down into an asshole. Maybe you should at least try eating a different part of that animal. I dunno. But you asked a question, didn't like the answer and puked a hissyfit.

Clearly you're the one with the issue, not me.

(/offtopic)

You didn't ask what the evidence was here --- you asked what the SOURCE was. So I told you. And it's not the doctors themselves but the medical research behind it (which is what I work with), and that's one source out of several. I also had to educate myself independently on my own digestive issues (ulcers for one), which is another source.

You sure jumped on that defensively, bent on moving the goalposts and denouncing everything in sight.
Perhaps whatever animals you're eating are making you melt down into an asshole. Maybe you should at least try eating a different part of that animal. I dunno. But you asked a question, didn't like the answer and puked a hissyfit.

Clearly you're the one with the issue, not me.

(/offtopic)
LOL, you calling someone an asshole is funny. So is your tiny dick slinging. Not impressed. When people have to back up their assertions with more assertions you know they're full of shit.

No, the "medical" community is not unanimous. Only a few whack jobs would claim we are herbivores. It's nonsense and medical facts won't back it up. I denounce bullshit for what it is.

I'm hardly defense since you two dumb assholes are in the very extreme minority. I have the whole rest of the world on my side.

For Most Of Human History, Being An Omnivore Was No Dilemma

For Most Of Human History, Being An Omnivore Was No Dilemma

If diet is destiny, then modern humans should thank our ancestors for their ability to eat just about anything.

Two new studies peek into the distant past to try to figure out just how big a role food played in human evolution. One says that eating meat made it possible for early human mothers to wean babies earlier and have more children.

The other study finds that humans and some other primates have stuck with being omnivores for a very long time. That's unlike many of our mammal friends, who used the omnivore lifestyle as a mere rest stop on the way from herbivore to carnivore.

"Primates are a little bit weird," says Samantha Hopkins, an assistant professor of geology at the University of Oregon, who led the study that revealed primates' omnivorous ways. Most primates became omnivores early in their existence, and stayed put. "We seem to hang out in this omnivorous role."

It's easy to imagine that there's an evolutionary advantage to being able to eat just about anything. Herbivores and carnivores have specialized teeth and digestive systems that make going back and forth practically impossible.

For instance, carnivores are usually the first to go extinct when times are tough, because they depend on other animals for their food source.

But there may be some evolutionary downside to being an omnivore, too Hopkins says. Namely, we're slow to diversify.

It took three times longer for omnivores to diversify, compared to herbivores. Producing more varied species means producing more progeny, which is the name of the game in evolution.

Hopkins and her colleagues found this out by scanning the literature for data on what 1,500 species of modern mammals eat. They gleaned it from field research by biologists, who sift through poop and examine stomach contents. It is not glamorous work.

They then matched the animals' diets with the mammalian family tree, and traced back the branches. It's the first study to look at diet across all mammal group through evolutionary time. The study was published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

The second study looked at how long modern mammals nurse their young. Researchers in Sweden compared the diet, brain size, and weaning times of 67 species. Humans breastfeed for 2 years on average, while chimpanzees, our closest relatives, nurse for four to five years.

They found that all the animals stopped nursing when their brains hit a certain stage of development, regardless of diet. All the meat-eaters, including ferrets, killer whales, and humans, reached that point of brain development earlier than herbivores or omnivores, the researchers found. (They classified humans as carnivores based on the percentage of meat in the typical human diet.)

Also, they conclude, the big difference in breast-feeding times between humans and other primates is due to the better nutrition provided to both mothers and babies by meat consumption. The study was published online in PlosOne.

Big caveat: Both of these studies looked at the role of diet in evolution. They aren't a commentary on whether modern-day eating habits, carnivorous or not, are healthy.

Last edited:
DONALD TRUMP: All Mexican chickens who wish to cross this road must submit to a complete background check, and full body search.

BARACK OBAMA: Let me be perfectly clear, if the chickens like their eggs they can keep their eggs. No chicken will be required to cross the road to surrender her eggs. Period.

JOHN McCain: My friends, the chicken crossed the road because he recognized the need to engage in cooperation and dialogue with all the chickens on the other side of the road.

HILLARY CLINTON: What difference at this point does it make why the chicken crossed the road?

DICK CHENEY: Where's my gun?

COLIN POWELL: Now to the left of the screen, you can clearly see the satellite image of the chicken crossing the road.

BILL CLINTON: I did not cross the road with that chicken.

AL GORE: I invented the chicken.

JOHN KERRY: Although I voted to let the chicken cross the road, I am now against it. It was the wrong road to cross, and I was misled about the chicken's intentions. I am not for it now, and will remain against it.

AL SHARPTON: Why are all the chickens white?

DR. PHIL: The problem we have here is that this chicken won't realize that he must first deal with the problem on this side of the road before it goes after the problem on the other side of the road. What we need to do is help him realize how stupid he is acting by not taking on his current problems before adding any new problems.

OPRAH: Well, I understand that the chicken is having problems, which is why he wants to cross the road so badly. So instead of having the chicken learn from his mistakes and take falls, which is a part of life, I'm going to give this chicken a NEW CAR so that he can just drive across the road and not live his life like the rest of the chickens.

ANDERSON COOPER: We have reason to believe there is a chicken, but we have not yet been allowed to have access to the other side of the road.

NANCY GRACE: That chicken crossed the road because he's guilty! You can see it in his eyes and the way he walks.

MARTHA STEWART: No one called me to warn me which way the chicken was going. I had a standing order at the Farmer's Market to sell my eggs when the price dropped to a certain level. No little bird gave me any insider information.

DR. SEUSS: Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with a toad? Yes, the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I've not been told.

ERNEST HEMINGWAY: To die in the rain, alone.

JERRY FALWELL: Because the chicken was gay! Can't you people see the plain truth? That's why they call it the 'other side.' Yes, my friends, that chicken was gay. If you eat that chicken, you will become gay too. I say we boycott all chickens until we sort out this abomination that the Liberal media whitewashes with seemingly harmless phrases.like ‘the other side’ It's as plain and as simple as that.

GRANDPA: In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough for us

BARBARA WALTERS: Isn't that interesting? In a few moments, we will be listening to the chicken tell, for the first time, the heartwarming story of how it experienced a serious case of molting, and went on to accomplish its lifelong dream of crossing the road.

ARISTOTLE: It is the nature of chickens to cross the road.

JOHN LENNON: Imagine all the chickens in the world crossing roads together, in peace.

BILL GATES: I have just released e-Chicken 2015, which will not only cross roads, but will lay eggs, file your important documents and balance your checkbook. Internet Explorer is an integral part of e-Chicken 2015. This new platform is much more stable and will never reboot.

ALBERT EINSTEIN: Did the chicken really cross the road, or did the road move beneath the chicken?

COLONEL SANDERS: Did I miss one??

Lol! That is great! :beer:

Carla_Danger--Chickens crossing the road in 1957 were about half of the size they are now. Now they are pumped full of antibiotics and steroids. Millions of chickens would like to cross the road, but instead are caged and treated in the most inhumane way possible. I no longer participate in the poor treatment of chickens or any other animals, by not eating them.

Go vegetarians!!!

giant_chickens-0-jpg.jpg

cowskull037_zps054d0cdf.jpg

Cow teeth

68390674.Yy0mfytg.jpg

Wolf teeth

images

Human teeth

Any questions?

What's astonishing is that you can't see the difference between human teeth compared to that wolf. lol The only way you can convince me, is for you to hunt an animal, kill it with your hands and shred it with your teeth, eat in raw, then post it on youtube.

There is no more authoritative source on anthropological issues than paleontologist Dr. Richard Leakey, who explains what anyone who has taken an introductory physiology course might have discerned intuitively--that humans are herbivores. Leakey notes that "[y]ou can't tear flesh by hand, you can't tear hide by hand.... We wouldn't have been able to deal with food source that required those large canines" (although we have teeth that are called "canines," they bear little resemblance to the canines of carnivores).

Cute but not factual. Humans are omnivores. Have been their whoooole existence. In fact, the Japanese have excellent records of the lives of the Buddhist monks in Japan going back hundreds of years. They kept detailed records of what they did, what they ate etc.

Those who ate a pure vegetarian diet had an average life span of 34-35 years (don't remember which, it's been a few years since I was told this by the President of the Meiji College in S.F. a traditional medical school) on the other hand those who ate a single egg upped their life span to 51. A single egg made that much difference.

Forum List

Back