Why did NBC reportedly pay Chelsea Clinton $600,000 a year?

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
NBC's hiring of Chelsea Clinton as a "special correspondent" in its news division was widely recognized as an exercise in corporate cynicism when it was announced in November 2011.
Why indeed. I saw nothing of what Chelsea did. It's good to be the queen, or the queen's daughter.

Now a price tag has been hung on that scandal, with Politico's reporting that Clinton has been paid a salary of $600,000. The network hasn't confirmed the figure, but it hasn't denied it either, and responded to Politico's questions by asserting that it "continues to enjoy a wonderful working relationship with Chelsea, and we are proud of her work."

It's that last part that's particularly head-scratching, for as a news correspondent for NBC, Clinton hasn't done anything to be proud of. Quite the contrary. The disclosure raises the obvious question of NBC's goal in giving a person without any measurable journalistic or broadcasting experience or any particular public following a high-profile job and apparently paying her a top-echelon salary.

Political favors? Nahhhhhhh.........rdean and lakhota.......what do ya think?

For the same reason that Roger Ailes - the father of Fox News - was a rapist, or why George W Bush was never prosecuted for his Harken insider trading or dodging military service, or why Reagan was able to dodge impeachment even though he illegally sold weapons to terrorists and funded covert wars in Central America or why the Trump campaign can plagiarize without consequence ....

Because rich and powerful people do whatever they fucking want to do

Membership in the elite has its privileges- and when you're appealing to uneducated poor voters, you have to frame the "other" side as elitist.

But let's face it: the OP trolls the swamps every day looking for the latest faux scandal.

Having read the OPs posts for a while, I've concluded that he's either a smart political operative spreading dirt on behalf of dear leader, or he is actually a believer of Republican spin. I would love to know his last level of organized education and the name of the school where he finished that final year.

NBC's hiring of Chelsea Clinton as a "special correspondent" in its news division was widely recognized as an exercise in corporate cynicism when it was announced in November 2011.
Why indeed. I saw nothing of what Chelsea did. It's good to be the queen, or the queen's daughter.

Now a price tag has been hung on that scandal, with Politico's reporting that Clinton has been paid a salary of $600,000. The network hasn't confirmed the figure, but it hasn't denied it either, and responded to Politico's questions by asserting that it "continues to enjoy a wonderful working relationship with Chelsea, and we are proud of her work."

It's that last part that's particularly head-scratching, for as a news correspondent for NBC, Clinton hasn't done anything to be proud of. Quite the contrary. The disclosure raises the obvious question of NBC's goal in giving a person without any measurable journalistic or broadcasting experience or any particular public following a high-profile job and apparently paying her a top-echelon salary.

No one ever really investigated Michelle Obama's cushy jobs as Associate Dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago and the Vice President for Community and External Affairs of the University of Chicago Medical Center.

Does anyone know if she ever showed up to work and what her background as a lawyer had to do with post secondary education and medicine?

Low ratings and name recognition.

No reason to slam Chelsea though, NBC said "hey, what if...", she said "sure." I would too.

No one ever really investigated Michelle Obama's cushy jobs as Associate Dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago and the Vice President for Community and External Affairs of the University of Chicago Medical Center.

Does anyone know if she ever showed up to work and what her background as a lawyer had to do with post secondary education and medicine?

You think either Obama actually sat for and passed the Bar Exam?

Barry didn't even know Judicial Review, how is he going to pass the Bar Exam?

Good point. For someone who was allegedly a lawyer, he makes mistakes that my students wonder how he could be so messed up!

She is so good at her job. Just like Hillary with her million dollar speeches.

freewilly posts another RW "reportedly" story.

and Michael Moore reportedly said Republicans were crazy sob's..

see how that works?

Good point. For someone who was allegedly a lawyer, he makes mistakes that my students wonder how he could be so messed up!

Elaine Kagan had someone pass themselves off as Barack to take the Bar

For the same reason that Roger Ailes - the father of Fox News - was a rapist, or why George W Bush was never prosecuted for his Harken insider trading or dodging military service, or why Reagan was able to dodge impeachment even though he illegally sold weapons to terrorists and funded covert wars in Central America or why the Trump campaign can plagiarize without consequence ....

Because rich and powerful people do whatever they fucking want to do

Membership in the elite has its privileges- and when you're appealing to uneducated poor voters, you have to frame the "other" side as elitist.

But let's face it: the OP trolls the swamps every day looking for the latest faux scandal.

Having read the OPs posts for a while, I've concluded that he's either a smart political operative spreading dirt on behalf of dear leader, or he is actually a believer of Republican spin. I would love to know his last level of organized education and the name of the school where he finished that final year.

GWB didn't dodge the draft, the rest i didn't read cause I figured it about as accurate.

I wonder that if Mrs. Tuzla would have been smart enough to pass the DC bar exam how history would have been different. Or would she have just hitched her wagon to someone else?

freewilly posts another RW "reportedly" story.

and Michael Moore reportedly said Republicans were crazy sob's..

see how that works?

No, how you work is pointing out that it is reported as wrong but when a thread was started with the title truck fire burns democrat ballots you were as silent as the lambs.

The exaggeration of her pay was when it was said she was paid 900,000. That snopes and the rest of them blew out of the water. But not the 600K.

So try to not be so transparently hypocritical it may add a little credence in what you post.

Sitting in front of your computer hardly makes you a teacher.

Forum List

Back