Why did melania hate the JFK crabapple trees so much?

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
I realize it is not of the importance of 200-250K dead ( or the likelihood of more than 2000 perday be election time), and I realize that Michelle was pilloried for vegetable gardening (not in the Rose Garden) but she effecitively changed the Rose Garden from an outside extension of Presiden Kennedy's office to a stage. I just don't get it. I know first ladies are unfairly criticized, and imo Melania has soldiered on in a job she didn't want but …. I just wish she'd have been better counseled. It was JFK's place for contemplation, after all.

I realize it is not of the importance of 200-250K dead ( or the likelihood of more than 2000 perday be election time), and I realize that Michelle was pilloried for vegetable gardening (not in the Rose Garden) but she effecitively changed the Rose Garden from an outside extension of Presiden Kennedy's office to a stage. I just don't get it. I know first ladies are unfairly criticized, and imo Melania has soldiered on in a job she didn't want but …. I just wish she'd have been better counseled. It was JFK's place for contemplation, after all.

Why do you find talking about crap apples to be "XENOPHOBIC" and "OVERREACTING" like Quid Pro Joe Biden found banning more Wuhan Virus carriers from entering the country?

Poor snowflake.....

What? You must be bored

most people do not USE crab apples---uhm CUISINELY. Long ago during a time of stress I found them useful when mixed with the making of apple sauce ---with other kinds of apples. The crab apples add tartness. Perhaps Melania does not know.
Maybe they don't have crab apples in----uhm SERBIA?

And your point IS????

That commie pervert is long gone so why should you care?

Tell me how this is important. At all.

Look at the photos. The crab apple trees are too close to the building. It makes sense to move them. JFK has moved on. Maybe you should too.

Wow! Find something to get triggered about that matters. I find the new Rose Garden to be lovely as it opens up the grounds but if your precious shrine to John Kennedy's office ( :icon_rolleyes: ) was still intact it would be a matter of extreme unimportance to me or to the nation.
Why JFK's favored landscaping deserves to be preserved into perpetuity is puzzling to me.

Let me know when we lose two hundred people per day. Your projections are absolutely absurd
and totally unsupported by the facts. Graphic: Coronavirus deaths in the U.S., per day
I don't how some people's "reality" can be so out of alignment with actual reality.

Maybe the roses OBJECTED. crabapple blossoms are
BEAUTIFUL ----who needs the competition?

Both before and after look nice. Not a big deal to me.
I agree, they both look nice!

It was her option to do as first lady.

But people redoing landscaping usually try to save the trees.... or in this case, save the trees with historical meaning....

The sophisticated look of her garden.... with like white roses or flowers, and the nice walkway, could have been achieved with leaving the crab apple trees of JFK.... Imho.

But again, it is not unusual for first Ladies to make changes to the Rose Garden, I don't believe?

That commie pervert is long gone so why should you care?
Why care about confederate statues being brought down? Some say, for History's sake...No?

Is there anything you guys won't cry about? Good lord, get over it

I work in horticulture and that looks like hard work. Any photos of her in her planting the trees and shrubs?

Forum List

Back