Why Confederate monument removal is a questionable mission for all Americans, black and white.

It was the USA that made slavery legal. And the USA had slavery for about 89 years. Northern Yankee States had slavery too.

The Confederacy turned slavery into a Billion dollar enterprise. Now that's Capitalism. ;)

Honor those who wished to preserve the union, not break from it.

The union vets who fought in that war, supported embracing their former foes back into the union.

Part of that was respecting the veterans of BOTH SIDES.

If you want to respect the Union veterans, you have to respect THEIR decision to embrace their former foes.

13841r.jpg

What where Union soldiers fighting for? It sure as hell was not to free the slaves, since they still had their own slaves.

Ending slavery was certainly one of Lincoln's war aims, and the North supported him.

Thus, if karma for slavery is a thing, than karma for fighting to end slavery must be too.

What where Union soldiers fighting for? It sure as hell was not to free the slaves, since they still had their own slaves.

Ending slavery was certainly one of Lincoln's war aims, and the North supported him.

Thus, if karma for slavery is a thing, than karma for fighting to end slavery must be too.

Lincoln didn't free the slaves of a single Union State. Slavery was legal and supported by the US Supreme Court and the US Congress in recent decisions. During the war Lincoln decided to free the slaves of the Confederacy to deliver a crushing economical blow to the enemy. And it worked.

It was not a stupid question.
If a yes/no question cannot be answered yes or no then it's a stupid question. If an either/or question doesn't include all the alternatives then it's a stupid question. But it's Correll, I repeat myself.

During the war Lincoln decided to free the slaves of the Confederacy to deliver a crushing economical blow to the enemy. And it worked.
Hilarity. Lincoln freed the slaves where he had no power to enforce it.

Most Confederate soldiers did not own slaves or really care too much about it. They were fighting to defending their home State from an invasion.

It's honorable to defend your sacred land and homes from an invasion.

Being sent by a Tyrant to tyrannize other people, not so honorable.

Lincoln didn't free the slaves of a single Union State. Slavery was legal and supported by the US Supreme Court and the US Congress in recent decisions. During the war Lincoln decided to free the slaves of the Confederacy to deliver a crushing economical blow to the enemy. And it worked.

Sure, the guy that was a life long opponent of slavery just HAPPENED to find that the best strategy was to end slavery.

How convenient.

WHICH OF COURSE, doesn't mean that the Southerns who were sure that he was going to do just that were RIGHT about that,

NO, that was just a COINCIDENCE. NO one could doubt THAT.

During the war Lincoln decided to free the slaves of the Confederacy to deliver a crushing economical blow to the enemy. And it worked.

Agreed. So how is that an economic blow?

Answer: It was not.

So tell us all how much money the South had made off of the slave crops of tobacco and cotton just in one year 1860.

So tell us all how much money the South had made off of the slave crops of tobacco and cotton just in one year 1860.

If Lincoln could not enforce it, it had no economic impact.

Lincoln did enforce it by burning the South and waging war upon Civilians and winning the war.

Lincoln did enforce it by burning the South and waging war upon Civilians and winning the war.

By which point he did not NEED to inflict an economic blow on the South, so it was pointless,

except for the freeing the slaves part.

But your side worships cop killers, how about that...
Did someone give you a star for changing the subject, I wonder.
You said I live in the south, I was correcting you, but I understand your typical libtart response. Carry on...
Did someone award you a star for confusing me with someone else, I wonder; I never mentioned anything about where you live.
Your right my bad, But I didn't change the subject, YOU DID...
I never changed the subject either.
In contrast, you began writing about killing policemen.
I'M not going to argue with a europeeon it's a waste time, besides you got bigger problems with the islamic invasion you'd better worry about...

Forum List

Back