Why Censorship?

EvMetro

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2017
Ever wonder why the left loves political censorship so much? I believe the answer is right there in the Wikipedia definition of censorship:

"Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication, or other information. This may be done on the basis that such material is considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or "inconvenient". Censorship can be conducted by governments, private institutions and other controlling bodies."

I believe the political censorship that this thread is about is done on the basis that the truth is "inconvenient," as the wiki definition describes. Why do YOU think the left loves censorship so much?

The left started loving censorship when it abandoned liberalism as it's guiding principle.

Over the last 50years, it has somehow gone from "question authority" and "do your own thing" to "We ARE the authority, how dare you question us" and "Do OUR thing or else we will cancel your sorry ass".

Ever wonder why the left loves political censorship so much? I believe the answer is right there in the Wikipedia definition of censorship:

"Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication, or other information. This may be done on the basis that such material is considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or "inconvenient". Censorship can be conducted by governments, private institutions and other controlling bodies."

I believe the political censorship that this thread is about is done on the basis that the truth is "inconvenient," as the wiki definition describes. Why do YOU think the left loves censorship so much?

I feel there is some hypocrisy.

Like i heard about Conservatives wanting to ban books at libraries,some forums can censor what someone talks about, and such.

Where were you when Conservatives were wanting books banned at libraries?

Oh, and lets not forget.

Wanting to ban Heavy metal music and wanting to ban video games.

Last edited:
I feel there is some hypocrisy.

Like i heard about Conservatives wanting to ban books at libraries,some forums can censor what someone talks about, and such.

Where were you when Conservatives were wanting books banned at libraries?

Oh, and lets not forget.

Wanting to ban Heavy metal music and wanting to ban video games.

This is not why lefties love the political censorship that this thread is about, it is just an attempt to protect the use of it.

Lefties don't like talking about why the love using political censorship.

Forum List

Back