Why can't the government get a search warrant?

I am down with 'The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.".

I have no problem at all with a warrant being issued to search a suspect's electronics. But spare me the false nonsense about me wanting pedophiles and terrorists to have whatever. It is bullshit.

They DID issue a warrant to search the iphone 5c

What's wrong with you? You got opinions on all kinds of shit you have no knowledge of?

Is NPR far-left enough for you? Or are you going to question them too?

Apple Opposes Judge's Order To Help FBI Unlock San Bernardino Shooter's Phone

Last week, FBI Director James Comey told members of Congress that investigators had been unable to access Farook's phone.

"It is a big problem for law enforcement armed with a search warrant when you find a device that can't be opened even when a judge says there's probable cause to open it," Comey said.

I am down with 'The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.".

I have no problem at all with a warrant being issued to search a suspect's electronics. But spare me the false nonsense about me wanting pedophiles and terrorists to have whatever. It is bullshit.

They DID issue a warrant to search the iphone 5c

What's wrong with you? You got opinions on all kinds of shit you have no knowledge of?

Is NPR far-left enough for you? Or are you going to question them too?

Apple Opposes Judge's Order To Help FBI Unlock San Bernardino Shooter's Phone

Last week, FBI Director James Comey told members of Congress that investigators had been unable to access Farook's phone.

"It is a big problem for law enforcement armed with a search warrant when you find a device that can't be opened even when a judge says there's probable cause to open it," Comey said.

Apple has stated that they would have to write code to unlock the encrypted phone. And that code could be used on any Apple iPhone. It is the equivalent of giving the FBI a master key to everyone's house. I'm sure they promise not to use it without a warrant, but that doesn't make me feel any better.

Yes, the warrant was for the single iphone.

I find it hard to believe that the FBI, with all their resources, cannot crack an encrypted iphone.

I was kind of wondering a very simply question about the apple iphone case with the government. Why can't the government get a search warrant to do so? Why are they unwilling to do that?

A search warrant isn't the issue. They have the authority to search. They just don't have the ability to.

Forum List

Back