Why are we still in Iraq, anyway?

Ahhh, I didn’t realize Germany and Japan invited our troops. Was that AFTER we Nuked Japan twice? They rolled out the red carpet and invited our troops?

Um, are you some kind of fucking retard? I have to ask this because it seems you have a child-like view of the world.

We aren't there because we won WWII. We are there because the Democratically elected governments asked us to stay. Other countries asked us to leave, and we did. (France, for instance)

Iraq just asked us to leave. We should leave. We probably never should have gone back after the first time we left, but we did.

Ahhh, I didn’t realize Germany and Japan invited our troops. Was that AFTER we Nuked Japan twice? They rolled out the red carpet and invited our troops?

Um, are you some kind of fucking retard? I have to ask this because it seems you have a child-like view of the world.

We aren't there because we won WWII. We are there because the Democratically elected governments asked us to stay. Other countries asked us to leave, and we did. (France, for instance)

Iraq just asked us to leave. We should leave. We probably never should have gone back after the first time we left, but we did.

Germany and Japan did not invite our troops. We made them so they wouldn’t get uppity again.

Did you get your history lessons from Bazooka Joe?

We have been in Japan, Germany, and Korea like 75 years.

We pay about $24b a year to keep US troops in the EU x 75 years is $1.8T of the $23T Debt. That's a lot of money to pay back to protect the EU from Russia, when the EU buys gas from Russia to fund their military. WTF?? How stupid is that?

Last edited:
Germany and Japan did not invite our troops. We made them so they wouldn’t get uppity again.

They are there under agreements. The Japanese have asked for most of our troops to leave, actually.

If Japan wants US troops to leave, then why are they paying $8b a year to keep them there? Stop lying.
Trump asked Tokyo for $8 bil to keep U.S. troops in Japan: Foreign Policy - Japan Today

Japan wants US protection from China. Like when China is building military islands into disputed areas of the South China Sea...
How China is building its new territory in the South China Sea
rtx2k9e7.jpg

They are there under agreements. The Japanese have asked for most of our troops to leave, actually.

If Japan wants US troops to leave, then why are they paying $8b a year to keep them there? Stop lying.
Trump asked Tokyo for $8 bil to keep U.S. troops in Japan: Foreign Policy - Japan Today

Japan wants US protection from China. Like when China is building military islands into disputed areas of the South China Sea...
rtx2k9e7.jpg

Joe lies. It’s what he does. He’s nothing but a Christianophobic.

He never puts links in to prove his points, so I have to research his bullshit before I re-post like most of the misinformed progs here on USMB?!

He never puts links in to prove his points, so I have to research his bullshit before I re-post like most of the misinformed progs here on USMB?!

Germany and Japan “invited” our Troops???

That is among the funniest things I have ever read on this board.

He is a lunatic,

The Iraqis explained that the US is there to train Iraqis and to provide drone coverage.
Ostensibly no US forces are supposed to be in direct combat.

They no longer want us there, and we are using those drones to murder their citizens and guests.

So why are we still there?

If Iraq wants us out, fine. But they owe us for the cost of building those military bases, as Trump said.

Trump is an idiot. They did not ask us to come into their country and destroy it and then build military bases there

Our cars run on oil. Iraq has it, we need it. Do you liberals want us to ride bicycles everywhere?

We will get oil no matter who runs Iraq or Iran. THey still have to sell it.

Trump wants us all the way out of the ME to save tons of cash. We can't afford endless wars.
That $24T Debt is rising fast an it will bite us one of these years

Well, maybe Trump shouldn't have given tax breaks to Millionaires, then.

your mistake is ''little to show'
.....as I stated in many threads and here--you will NOT change their culture/poltics/etc...there WILL be ''little to show'''--it's NOT anything like WW2 where we took islands and worked our way to Germany.....it's not a TOTAL war--it's a war on terrorism/etc
..we are there to get information/intel on terrorists/bad guys.....it's a continuing/long/complex/difficult process .......
...we are there to hopefully assist training/helping.....

Again, we've been over there for 19 years, and by any measure, we are probably worse off, as the instability spread from Afghanistan to Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Libya, etc.
that's not our fault

I bring this up, because Mike Pompeo seems to think that we should stay in Iraq after the Iraqi government specifically asked us to leave.

Iraqi PM tells Mike Pompeo to decide how to withdraw troops

We've been in Iraq for 17 years now this March. What are we still doing there? Why would we insist on staying if they don't want us there and we don't really want to be there?

Because there's money to be made and back door dealings happening. Before last week there may have been an argument to be made for some of our troops to stay. Similarly to the reason we were in Ukraine but with that withdrawal (except for protecting the oil - eye roll) the US has conceded it's power to many of the bad faith dictators. It's a total cluster phuck. The little involvement we had in Iraq was sufficient before this utterly stupid decision to kill an Iranian government leader was made forcing us to send more troops.

I bring this up, because Mike Pompeo seems to think that we should stay in Iraq after the Iraqi government specifically asked us to leave.

Iraqi PM tells Mike Pompeo to decide how to withdraw troops

We've been in Iraq for 17 years now this March. What are we still doing there? Why would we insist on staying if they don't want us there and we don't really want to be there?
At the moment, or until last week, we had troops there at the invitation of the Iraqi government to help with the fight against ISIS. A fight that was suspended after President Flim Flam's impulsive decision to kill Soleimani.

The Iraqis explained that the US is there to train Iraqis and to provide drone coverage.
Ostensibly no US forces are supposed to be in direct combat.

They no longer want us there, and we are using those drones to murder their citizens and guests.

So why are we still there?
Because we created this mess over there to begin with. We destabilized that whole region over a blatant lie and unfortunately we’re stuck in the uncomfortable position of having to right that wrong now. Nobody wants to be over there anymore but what does it say about us as a people if we just pull out and let barbarism swoop in afterwards? We just empowered the people of Iran to finally take it to their government and possibly start the popular uprising they’ve desperately needed for decades now. They feel safe and secure taking on the regime now that they know we are actually protecting them unlike what we’d been doing all these years before that. Can’t you see that? I hate this shit as much as anyone else but if our continued presence over there is going to help lead to peaceful people taking back control of their countries then I’m ok with it because it’s a noble cause and up to this point I hadn’t seen a single noble thing we’d been doing over there. This isn’t the same “freedom” we’d been exporting to the Middle East in years and decades past. This is ACTUALLY FREEDOM this time.

Our military muscle is connected by the oilocracy ligament to the petrodollar bone ,charged via an Israeli nervous system , perfused with Saudi blood money, with a bad case of terrorist trembles....

~S~

Hey, buddy, when you call something the South China Sea, there's no dispute who owns it.

That would be... China.
No you are wrong, that would not be China's Sea.
Why do you keep spewing shit without researching the answer? That's what D-students do.

Territorial disputes in the South China Sea - Wikipedia
420px-South_China_Sea_claims_map.jpg

Territorial claims in the South China Sea on (based on outdated / unofficial documents / maps)
Since 2013, the People's Republic of China has resorted to island building in the Spratly Islands and the Paracel Islands region. These actions have been met with a wide international condemnation, and since 2015 the United States and other states such as France and the United Kingdom have conducted freedom of navigation operations (FONOP) in the region. In July 2016, an arbitration tribunal constituted under Annex VII of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) ruled against the PRC's maritime claims in Philippines v. China. The tribunal did not rule on the ownership of the islands or delimit maritime boundaries. The People's Republic of China and the Republic of China (Taiwan) stated that they did not recognize the tribunal and insisted that the matter should be resolved through bilateral negotiations with other claimants.

No you are wrong, that would not be China's Sea.
Why do you keep spewing shit without researching the answer? That's what D-students do.

Uh, guy, sorry, man, I can't get worked up because China is dominating their own sea...

but it's not like you are going to sign up to fight over some patches of coral. Get some poor kid to do that.

FOAD

"Why are we still in Iraq, anyway?"

To leave would be confirmation of the fact that Iraq is a failed, illegal war – a war that accomplished only to destabilize the Region, allowed the rise of ISIS, and waste American blood and treasure.

Forum List

Back