Why are we so easily offended?

1. American Flag and the Anthem are offensive. Why? I have been to 100s of games and ALWAYS before the anthem is played the PA says "please rise to honor those who served". How is it racist to honor those who served?

I agree with you on everything you said, but let's be honest the right gets triggered just as easily.

The difference is the right doesn't call for people to be cancelled, unless it's holding the left to their own standard for their own people.
Should we ask Bill Maher about it?

How did he get "cancelled"? He's still on HBO, and from what I've seen he isn't left enough to suit some of you vanguard types.
He was on ABC some time ago. His show was cancelled by right wing cancel culture.

Evidence?

And now he is on HBO, which gives him probably just as large of an audience, as well as far less limits on his language and topics.
You never heard of “politically incorrect”? Maher was kicked off the air due to right wing outrage over a particular comment about US military.

And no way does HBO have as big of an audience as broadcast TV. Obviously.

Please provide evidence right wingers got him kicked off.

And these days with streaming and universal cable access, broadcast TV cannot be assumed to have an automatic lead.

1. We cannot assume gender. I had young people (teens and early 20s) tell me that they ask new people they meet what gender they prefer before addressing them. New normal? Weird
  2. Statues and Dixie are offensive? When will the word "South" become offensive?
  3. American Flag and the Anthem are offensive. Why? I have been to 100s of games and ALWAYS before the anthem is played the PA says "please rise to honor those who served". How is it racist to honor those who served?
  4. Saying anything positive about our police officers on social media is now offensive? Why? Because some (very few) are bad? That doesn't make much sense considering that the vast majority are great people who risk their lives to protect us. Why can I not support our local police force without people becoming offended?
  5. Since when is silence violence? And it is also violence when someone has a disparate opinion from the "Woke" crowd? Why??

Let's see how many responses mention "Trump" in them when this has nothing to do with Trump.
Azog: biologically, organisms that survive change over millions of years (like the alligator), do so, because they WITHSTAND change.

Organisms that are so easily offended by every littlest thing such as worrying what gender you prefer to think you want to be called, DO NOT.

MANKIND IS RIPE FOR FAILURE and self-destruction.
Every day, those on the left pray for the cataclysmic event that will remove man from this world. Even though if we put all human beings together in one area, the whole sum would be about the size of Texas. But still liberals hate that their mothers didnt abort them, so must FORCE every one else to be miserable like them. Which is why you can find videos of this shit.

1. We cannot assume gender. I had young people (teens and early 20s) tell me that they ask new people they meet what gender they prefer before addressing them. New normal? Weird
  2. Statues and Dixie are offensive? When will the word "South" become offensive?
  3. American Flag and the Anthem are offensive. Why? I have been to 100s of games and ALWAYS before the anthem is played the PA says "please rise to honor those who served". How is it racist to honor those who served?
  4. Saying anything positive about our police officers on social media is now offensive? Why? Because some (very few) are bad? That doesn't make much sense considering that the vast majority are great people who risk their lives to protect us. Why can I not support our local police force without people becoming offended?
  5. Since when is silence violence? And it is also violence when someone has a disparate opinion from the "Woke" crowd? Why??

Let's see how many responses mention "Trump" in them when this has nothing to do with Trump.

1) Why do you care what someone identifies as? It doesn't affect you, it's not something you should worry about.
2) These statues and figures were always offensive. They were traitors for crying out loud.
3) Once again, you fail to grasp that it's not about disrespect. It's about unequal treatment under that same flag. I'm assuming you're white so you don't have to experience that side of the unequal treatment. Not everyone gets that luxury.
4) Police have been allowed a lot of leniency and deferential treatment over the years. Before George Floyd (which was just the tipping point), the bad apples usually got a slap on the wrist and right back out on the streets to continue their bad behavior. Can you see why people might be upset? You and I wouldn't be allowed to get away with that kind of behavior.
5) I'll use the phrase Silence is Condoning. You can of course have whatever opinion you'd like. But can you honestly watch that George Floyd video from the beginning and not say, "How can one human being do this to another?". By silence, you are giving tacit permission for the behavior to continue.

1) When someone gets pissy because I called them the wrong pronoun, it affects me.
2) George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were traitors?
3) No matter what the protester thinks it means, they can't dictate how people perceive it.
4) So making their job impossible, making there be less of them, and ALSO gutting a person's RKBA at the same time is the solution?
5) Some people just refuse to give sound bite responses expected by SJW losers like you. Your side then uses that as a "victory moment" and then ask for something even more retarded.

I hope you enjoyed your fisking, you SJW wuss.

If they get pissy, walk away and be the better person. It still isn't your issue. You just get all bunched up about it because deep down, it offends you. I only see a few chowderheads talking about Washington and Jefferson. Most of the statue ire is directed against Confederate statues...which, I reiterate were always offensive..you know, the whole traitor thing. Drop the kneeling for the flag shit..it's a loser for right wingers. As far as police go, I have my own opinions that have nothing to do with the present discussion. Suffice to say, real police reform is long overdue. If you're worried about sound bites, it's time to strap on your big girl panties and grow up.
#1) It is my issue. I disagree with you.
#2) You're just brushing it off. Statues are a slippery slope. Teddy Roosevelt statue going down. He is not a confederate.
#3) Why did you say "right wingers"? I am not a "right winger". I just believe it is respectful to stand for the flag and honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for America.
#4) "Real Police Reform" OK. But saying that 95% of police officers are great people should not offend Leftists like you but it does, why?
#5) You're the epitome of how we have become pussies. Have you ever even been in a real fight in your life?

Been in a few fights in my life. Always regretted it afterwards. Fighting is a really last resort. Only got my ass kicked once and I deserved it.

On the others, you need to develop a thicker skin. Kneeling for the anthem is not disrespect. It shouldn't bother you. All Confederate statues should come down. They were traitors.
When did I say it bothers me? I asked why it bothers YOU if I choose to stand for it? Like Drew Brees wanted to. You are missing the point. Taking down statues is a slippery slope. If you want them taken down then go through proper legal procedures not mob rule. Why are you so sensitive? You turned the whole thing around. If you identify as a woman and I can you a "he" why would you be offended when biologically you are a "he"? You're making my point at how much of pussies many have become.

1. American Flag and the Anthem are offensive. Why? I have been to 100s of games and ALWAYS before the anthem is played the PA says "please rise to honor those who served". How is it racist to honor those who served?

I agree with you on everything you said, but let's be honest the right gets triggered just as easily.

The difference is the right doesn't call for people to be cancelled, unless it's holding the left to their own standard for their own people.

How did he get "cancelled"? He's still on HBO, and from what I've seen he isn't left enough to suit some of you vanguard types.
He was on ABC some time ago. His show was cancelled by right wing cancel culture.
Nope. He was cancelled because he called the terrorists who flew into the buildings on 9/11 as "brave". Wasn't right wing cancel culture.
That’s not exactly what he said. The right was incensed. Advertisers pulled out.

Cancel culture was born of the right wing.

Nope. He was cancelled because he called the terrorists who flew into the buildings on 9/11 as "brave". Wasn't right wing cancel culture.
That’s not exactly what he said. The right was incensed. Advertisers pulled out.

Cancel culture was born of the right wing.
What did he say then? Pretty sure that was the gist of it.

I see it in terms of conditioned response and insecurity. Insecure people externalize their source of satisfaction in life and so seek praise from others as a sign of validation. On the left this takes the form of virtue signaling where the insecure project their (false) virtue at every opportunity in order to receive praise from others of their tribe. There are no real principles involved and no real thought. It's all just the expression of a herd instinct where there is safety in numbers.

Azog: biologically, organisms that survive change over millions of years (like the alligator), do so, because they WITHSTAND change.

Organisms that are so easily offended by every littlest thing such as worrying what gender you prefer to think you want to be called, DO NOT.

MANKIND IS RIPE FOR FAILURE and self-destruction.
Every day, those on the left pray for the cataclysmic event that will remove man from this world. Even though if we put all human beings together in one area, the whole sum would be about the size of Texas. But still liberals hate that their mothers didnt abort them, so must FORCE every one else to be miserable like them. Which is why you can find videos of this shit.

Fact of the matter is that without bacteria and trees, there would be no animals, no oxygen. Bacteria changed the world. Most every significant life force on the planet affects its environment. Look at the effect of inserting wild pigs or killer bees in many places. Our environment is a composite of all those influences. That is why 99% of all species ever living are gone before man ever arrived. If man didn't have the effect we have, we wouldn't be the species we are to build cities or go to the Moon.

[
It is less about left/right and more about why are we so PC?

Rather than left/right I see it as libertarian/authoritarian. The greater the need for conformity in a person, the more authoritarian they become. .. As George Carlin once said "Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners". Wiser words were never spoken.

Last edited:
Kinda like how people are offended by “Black lives matter” as opposed to “all lives matter”?
The term Black Lives Matter is based on 2 bullshit notions.

1. Bullshit that blacks are oppressed by being treated worse by police than other races. They get the same treatment as anybody else. As it clearly was in the Rodney King episode, blacks create problems with police, by engaging in crime so much more often than others, and these are deliberately, falsely hyped by leftist media, and often made to look like the police were at fault, when they were not. Other examples are Terrence Crutcher, Michael Brown, and Philando Castille.

2. Bullshit that blacks are victims of unequal treatment politically and economically. Actually, they are pampered, pandered, and coddled with Affirmative Action, making them the BENEFICIARIES of that unequal treatment, It is whites who are the victims, and instead of "Black Lives Matter" there ought to be a White Lives Matter group.

1) Why do you care what someone identifies as? It doesn't affect you, it's not something you should worry about.
2) These statues and figures were always offensive. They were traitors for crying out loud.
3) Once again, you fail to grasp that it's not about disrespect. It's about unequal treatment under that same flag. I'm assuming you're white so you don't have to experience that side of the unequal treatment. Not everyone gets that luxury.
4) Police have been allowed a lot of leniency and deferential treatment over the years. Before George Floyd (which was just the tipping point), the bad apples usually got a slap on the wrist and right back out on the streets to continue their bad behavior. Can you see why people might be upset? You and I wouldn't be allowed to get away with that kind of behavior.
5) I'll use the phrase Silence is Condoning. You can of course have whatever opinion you'd like. But can you honestly watch that George Floyd video from the beginning and not say, "How can one human being do this to another?". By silence, you are giving tacit permission for the behavior to continue.

1) only idiots thinks there are more two genders, Male and Female are the only genders that exist.

2) They were offensive only to those who lived under it, today they are just museum pieces.

3) The flag is a national representation, an identity of a Nation. It doesn't excuse right or wrongs of a nation at all, thus YOUR whine that it is a symbol of disrespect or unequal treatment is irrational, it doesn't do anything beyond being a symbol of a nation.

4) Most of the police problems we have been seeing this year are happening under long running leftist control, the very ideological crap you believe in......, It is a government problem, not a white/black problem.

5) You "silence is condoning" argument is the worst kind of nonsense since most people have already condemned the death, because the police badly mishandled the arrest of a man who was over and over resisting arrest (you overlooked this bucko!) while most people would never support such brutality, they are not in position to do anything about it, it is the responsibility of Mayors, Police Chiefs, and the Police Commission to deal with them, that is their job.

The only thing citizens can do is either vote out the elected officials who don't do their job, or SUE them for their failure to do their jobs, how come various Black organizations don't do that? Where is the NAACP on this?

Rather than left/right I see it as libertarian/authoritarian. The greater the need for conformity in a person, the more authoritarian they become. .. As George Carlin once said "Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners". Wiser words were never spoken.
Interesting how Carlin, mostly a leftist, uttered some of the most profound and true conservative words.

1. It's not the identifying. It is the idea of a need to identify. That's what's stupid.

2. Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt, Grant, Lincoln and abolitionists were not "traitors". Neither were Confederate soldiers. Soldiers (all of them) don't have policies or politics. They just follow orders and fight wars. Your beef is with politicians.

3. The "unequal treatment" you rag about is beneficial to blacks, and harmful to whites. You haven't heard about Affirmative Action ? > job hiring, job promotions, college admissions, college financial aid, business loans, etc, etc. You been living in a closet ?

4. And NO, I don't see why people get "upset" about George Floyd. If he hadn't been engaged in unlawful activity, the cops wouldn't have bothered with him at all. On the same day that Floyd died, no cops were messing with me. I didn't engage in lawbreaking.

And we still haven't seen the part of the video between when the cops first encountered Floyd, and when he was down on the ground. Why is that part missing ?

I suspect Floyd might have resisted arrest, and fought with the cops, during the missing part of the video.
Lastly, these police brutality cases are very few and far between. They are blown out of proportion by leftist media to try to inflame the black community, and thereby gin up VOTES for Democrats. Obama & Sharpton did it with Trayvon Martin, and Michael Brown, and now the media and leftists are doing it with George Floyd.
What pisses me off is that 97% of cops are good, and heroic for risking their lives to protect everyone. Get off them.

5.. What "silence" ? Who the hell hasn't spoken out on the Floyd death ? This is another distortion coming from the media.

Interesting how Carlin, mostly a leftist, uttered some of the most profound and true conservative words.

Carlin was a complicated man.

30 or 40 so years of propaganda/indoctrination by media and public education created the PC phenomenon and now social media allows it to be enforced ruthlessly.

30 or 40 so years of propaganda/indoctrination by media and public education created the PC phenomenon and now social media allows it to be enforced ruthlessly.
Social media may be the real reason. You cannot say anything without it being posted and with millions of people vilifying it. Well said.

Social media may be the real reason. You cannot say anything without it being posted and with millions of people vilifying it. Well said.

Abide by the new normal or this will happen to you:

We aren't.....left wing democrats pretend to be offended so they can demand money and power......

Kinda like how people are offended by “Black lives matter” as opposed to “all lives matter”?

No one is trying to stop people from saying black lives matter, all the butt hurt happens when someone responds all lives matter, or blue lives matter.
I wouldn’t go that far.

Are people offended by “black lives matter”? Yes. Yes they are.

People are offended by "all lives matter" that is why some have been fired. Stores are not allowing people to wear "all lives matter" or "black lives matter". Look on this board, many are offended by "all lives matter".

I understand the meaning of "black lives matter" and it doesn't offend me.

Both phrases can offend, just depends who you are and your perception.

Last edited:
The term Black Lives Matter is based on 2 bullshit notions.

1. Bullshit that blacks are oppressed by being treated worse by police than other races. They get the same treatment as anybody else. As it clearly was in the Rodney King episode, blacks create problems with police, by engaging in crime so much more often than others, and these are deliberately, falsely hyped by leftist media, and often made to look like the police were at fault, when they were not. Other examples are Terrence Crutcher, Michael Brown, and Philando Castille.

2. Bullshit that blacks are victims of unequal treatment politically and economically. Actually, they are pampered, pandered, and coddled with Affirmative Action, making them the BENEFICIARIES of that unequal treatment, It is whites who are the victims, and instead of "Black Lives Matter" there ought to be a White Lives Matter group.
What crime did Castille commit exactly?

Forum List

Back