Why Are RINO Republicans Not Fighting Harder For HB 158??

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"A bill introduced in North Carolina would authorize the use of force against abortion providers and patients. The legislation, filed by Republican state Rep. Larry Pittman in February 2021, is extremely unlikely to become law. "A lot of my bills have not even been given a hearing," Pittman, a conservative gadfly who is retiring from politics, conceded at a sparsely attended rally for the legislation last fall. That is true of HB 158. Republicans, who control the state legislature, have promised to take up further abortion restrictions in 2023, hoping by then to have a supermajority capable of overriding a veto from Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper. Pittman's proposal is more extreme than even the total bans imposed in other states. HB 158 would amend North Carolina's constitution to assert that life begins at the "moment of fertilization" — and that a fetus can be protected with violence.

Alison Kiser, executive director of Planned Parenthood Votes South Atlantic, told Insider; "this violent rhetoric by state political leaders perpetuates a chilling climate and encourages vigilantes to target and harass abortion providers." On July 6, North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper signed an executive order protecting out-of-state abortion patients from being extradited, as well as banning state agencies from assisting other states' in prosecuting those who travel for the procedure."

I mean, it makes perfect sense..as the bill itself states:

"Any person has the right to defend his or her own life or the life of another person, even by the use of deadly force if necessary, from willful destruction by another person,"

If we are going to say legally, that a zygote has full personhood -- how can you not be willing to practice what you preach....so obviously, if you see that a mother is about to abort her child, you stop that mother with violence if you have to...this law is stalled in the House because Republicans are too weak to stand on their principles... and yes, even if it was passed, the Democratic governor will absolutely veto it -- but that isn't a reason not pass it -- you supposed to always fight for your beliefs, not shy away from them....

Yea, I am sure some of the embarrassed Republicans, instead of denouncing the fact a bill like this even exists -- will instead try to say "Relax bro, that bill will never pass" as a way try to brush it off ..they may even claim, "hey bro, that Republican lawmaker was just trolling, don't be so triggered"........but my question is, why brush it off? Why not own it? Either we believe what the law says or we don't...why treat a fetus differently than you would a 2 yr old child? Why this discrimination between them? If you saw a mother; even if that mother is your own sister or wife, trying to kill her 2 yr old, you wouldn't think twice to use violence to stop her and save that child's life...why should an embryo be any different..If you know your pregnant daughter is planning to go abort her pregnancy, why shouldn't you pull out a gun and put a stop to it? Yea, one can say, if you take out the mother, you are still killing the child...but that isn't necessarily true.....you just keep the mother on life support until the pregnancy comes to term..

What your side calls abortion, we call baby murder. If anybody sees a murder about to take place, they have a moral obligation to do something.
For some that is call the police, for others it is direct involvement, possibly putting themselves at risk.
What you are babbling about is a red herring. Stopping an abortion by shooting a mother is both stupid & futile as they would both die in the process.

You & your false equivalencies every morning are entertaining & great for laughs Buffy

I think that law should only apply to white people seeking an abortion. Black people should be free to eradicate themselves.

I got your back, Biff.
:beer:
sanger.jpg

:laughing0301:

Forum List

Back