Why are people in America's "Inner City" so excited about extreme materialism?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
It seems like rather than be content with an average suburban middle class lifestyle the people in the "Inner City" think mansions and luxury cars are the ultimate aspiration.

Why do poor people in the big city tend to be more materialistic than middle class suburban people?

They would rather be "influencers" than scientists or engineers.

It seems like rather than be content with an average suburban middle class lifestyle the people in the "Inner City" think mansions and luxury cars are the ultimate aspiration.

Why do poor people in the big city tend to be more materialistic than middle class suburban people?

LOL, to inner city dwellers, suburban middle class live in mansions and drive luxury cars. They don't know any better. That's why they vote democrap.

It is their choice but it depends on a number of factors. I've seen everything from "low self esteem" to "I like perceived quality (or grew up with it)" , "I want everyone to think I'm a big shot" to "keeping up with the Joneses". Pride, greed, impulsivity etc. Comforts are important and I don't envy others. I can handle anyones reasoning but the worst are those who do so to try and belittle others and show off. Those people will be the first to sell out their friends, family, nation , humanity or principle,.if they ever had any.

Last edited:

Dude, come to rural Kansas and look how many rednecks are driving $100K trucks.

And god only knows what those belt buckles cost.

Because they are about flash over substance. Like a prancing peacock.

Forum List

Back