Why are old threads so slow?

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
cant we split up some of the old threads so you can still discuss things in them without all the delays?

who said anything about a conspiracy?
You believe that your access to this site was being denied when you couldn't read posts you made.

It was a conspiracy against you.

Now you know.

And, I have zero threads that are slow to load. Just more proof that folks are picking on you for a reason, too.

:lol:

• Banned
who said anything about a conspiracy?
You believe that your access to this site was being denied when you couldn't read posts you made.

It was a conspiracy against you.

Now you know.

And, I have zero threads that are slow to load. Just more proof that folks are picking on you for a reason, too.

:lol:

So you claim someone is doing it purpose?

what is you proof?

Old threads are slow because patience is a virtue, and threadettes like it when a man takes his time.

• Banned
Maybe because there is too much information to load?

wouldnt it be better to allow new threads on new subjects instead of packing them all in one?

Maybe because there is too much information to load?

wouldnt it be better to allow new threads on new subjects instead of packing them all in one?

TM, There are potentially a few different basic reasons you're experiencing this, the primary one being your internet connection is sloooooow. If this is a new experience then we can move on from there.

Maybe the old threads are put into some form of compressed archive, to free up bandwidth for the newer threads. Then if you try to look at a zombie thread, it takes a while to reopen itself.

Just a guess.

Maybe the old threads are put into some form of compressed archive, to free up bandwidth for the newer threads. Then if you try to look at a zombie thread, it takes a while to reopen itself.

Just a guess.

So you claim merging threads is like burying them?

Just a guess.

I wouldn't be surprised considering the amount of traffic on this site ad to that any number of url and gif links. :dunno:
I did notice last night/this morning on two occasions the site slowed, stopped then wouldn't come back up for a few minutes. I tried it on multiple computers so I'm pretty sure it wasn't on my end.

I am under the impression that a board which has superlong threads which are popular enough to get a lot of hits might suffer lag time because of them.

I have had a few slow times but I have a slow-ish connection. So I don't know if it was me or the board.

I have a superfast connection and the long threads are super slow

Might be enlightening if you provided a link to long threads. Sure we could go look some long ones up. But maybe one or two of the threads you're definitely getting hung up in.

New Topics

Forum List

Back