Why are old threads so slow?

It's a given that it's gonna take longer, more data to load plus the time required is determined by the computer, the internet connection being used and how busy both are. Apparently her's is taking quite a while to perform that function and I was hoping she'd give me some more info so I could try to figure out the problem or at least make suggestions to help alleviate the situation.

Still not sure why posting would take longer in a long thread than in a short thread. Why 39 seconds on a long thread and 3 seconds on a short thread? The actual page we're posting to is not long. I have 15 posts per page. If I'm in a long thread, there are 15 or fewer posts showing. If I'm in a short thread there are 15 or fewer posts showing.

But okay, if it's a given that it is going to take longer to post to longer threads that brings the subject back to Truthmatters' original points which were an observation that the long threads were taking a long time to post in and a request to get around the delay by being allowed to have a discussion in a shorter thread.

cant we split up some of the old threads so you can still discuss things in them without all the delays?

Maybe because there is too much information to load?

wouldnt it be better to allow new threads on new subjects instead of packing them all in one?

'kay I"m out. Really really this time. No really! :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back