Why are Millennials so stupid? Coffee, Joe Biden and an RN degree

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
I was raised on common sense. When I was a boy common sense told me that if I didn't get up at 5: AM before I left for school and bring buckets of coal to the old snowman furnace in the cellar that the house would get cold and my dad would kick my ass when he got home from work. I forgot once....that was it trust me.

When it was time to own a car....common sense told me that I had to learn how to fix one because those were the only kind I could possibly afford...so I learned....everything from brakes to alternators....I had no choice so it wasn't that hard to make up my mind about it.

When it was time to raise a family common sense told me I needed two full time jobs when we hit our seventh kid...then common sense told me to become an autodidact and to get the degrees I needed to make enough money at one job...that took about five years of ass busting hard work...but hey...you know....Common sense. ( Maybe common sense could have included better condoms??? )

Now I am helping my youngest son and his wife get on their feet....they are both hard workers but have...

NO COMMON SENSE...

I was sitting at the kitchen table this morning waiting for coffee to finish when my daughter in law.... An RN btw....came out and grabbed the carafe before the coffee was finished brewing and poured a cup. I told her... ' You just screwed up the coffee "..... Puzzled she asked how? " Didn't you take any kind of chemistry or at least statistical math before you got the RN degree?" I asked.... " Yes " she said. OK....." Then you must understand what cycles of concentration are right? " " Um ....no" ... she said....

For those reading this only takes a little bit of COMMON SENSE.... The first few drops of the MR. COFFEE brewing machine will exit the brew cup at a very high concentration....like Mud....as it nears the fifty percent mark the coffee is probably exiting the brew cup at approximately the right concentration.....towards the end it starts to come out very watery but when allowed to mix with the entire carafe it finds the correct density of coffee particles per liter of water.
If you interrupt that process you will screw up the final product.....not brain surgery here.....but as much as I tried to explain it she just did not get it...to her coffee is coffee...and Joe Biden is her choice...

Need I say any more?

hate to be the kid the spills a glass of milk in your house !:p

That's actually an awesome response..... yeah the coffee thing is a pet peeve but the idea behind it shouldn't be too hard to grasp for one who has a Bachelor's degree....

Why are Millennials so stupid?

Because they lack education

I was raised on common sense. When I was a boy common sense told me that if I didn't get up at 5: AM before I left for school and bring buckets of coal to the old snowman furnace in the cellar that the house would get cold and my dad would kick my ass when he got home from work. I forgot once....that was it trust me.

When it was time to own a car....common sense told me that I had to learn how to fix one because those were the only kind I could possibly afford...so I learned....everything from brakes to alternators....I had no choice so it wasn't that hard to make up my mind about it.

When it was time to raise a family common sense told me I needed two full time jobs when we hit our seventh kid...then common sense told me to become an autodidact and to get the degrees I needed to make enough money at one job...that took about five years of ass busting hard work...but hey...you know....Common sense. ( Maybe common sense could have included better condoms??? )

Now I am helping my youngest son and his wife get on their feet....they are both hard workers but have...

NO COMMON SENSE...

I was sitting at the kitchen table this morning waiting for coffee to finish when my daughter in law.... An RN btw....came out and grabbed the carafe before the coffee was finished brewing and poured a cup. I told her... ' You just screwed up the coffee "..... Puzzled she asked how? " Didn't you take any kind of chemistry or at least statistical math before you got the RN degree?" I asked.... " Yes " she said. OK....." Then you must understand what cycles of concentration are right? " " Um ....no" ... she said....

For those reading this only takes a little bit of COMMON SENSE.... The first few drops of the MR. COFFEE brewing machine will exit the brew cup at a very high concentration....like Mud....as it nears the fifty percent mark the coffee is probably exiting the brew cup at approximately the right concentration.....towards the end it starts to come out very watery but when allowed to mix with the entire carafe it finds the correct density of coffee particles per liter of water.
If you interrupt that process you will screw up the final product.....not brain surgery here.....but as much as I tried to explain it she just did not get it...to her coffee is coffee...and Joe Biden is her choice...

Need I say any more?

Toss the coffee maker and buy a french press. Buy two, one for you and one for your daughter-in-law.

NO COMMON SENSE...

Need I say any more?

Toss the coffee maker and buy a french press. Buy two, one for you and one for your daughter-in-law.

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TAWKIN'BOUT
WILLIS! THE ABILITY TO SOLVE A PROBLEM!

JO

Forum List

Back