Why are Cruz supporters against trump?

When Cruz first came onto the scene he was considered the most genuine conservative in the Senate. Now a man who has been a liberal until a few years ago is stealing the spotlight. I can't stand Cruz, but Trump supporters are retarded.

10404204_10208626177393275_7595245427324317799_n.jpg
12974538_10207802102823927_6272190316676117229_n.jpg
13087300_10208728315866673_4885971944077379595_n.jpg
I think the answer is obvious

Because at his core Trump is far more liberal than conservative but far more important his campigan mirrors Obama's in 2008 in that it's all based on style, flash, and personality with no substance he has shown no indication that he knows how to govern or even wants to learn nor has he shown that he has any grasp of foreign policy.

"He supports so many liberal issues."

"But I'm angry."

"He avoids debates and threatens to sue people for negative ads. He's whiny."

"But I'm angry."

"He flip-flopped on the abortion issue in less than 24 hours."

"Still angry."

"He talks about trade wars with China while most of his clothes are made in China."

"Angry."

"He is everything you've hated on for decades."

"ANGRY!!!"

Is it not obvious?

As others have said, they are opposite on MANY issues. Cruz is a die hard social republican. Trump is not even close.

Maybe because we support a real conservative.

Because Trump is widely known as a conservative. Clinton weddings, contributions to her charity, calling her a great Secretary of State and Senator. At the age of 60 something he finally saw the light. There's no possible way this reality TV star is fucking you to promote himself.

This will be the best November ever.

Because Trump is widely known as a conservative. Clinton weddings, contributions to her charity, calling her a great Secretary of State and Senator. At the age of 60 something he finally saw the light. There's no possible way this reality TV star is fucking you to promote himself.

This will be the best November ever.

I think you misunderstood my answer. The question in the OP was:

Just wondering why a lot of Cruz supporters are anti trump? I've seen some rabid Cruz supporters absolutely against trump. For what reasons?

My answer to that question was:

I hope that clears things up for ya.

Just wondering why a lot of Cruz supporters are anti trump? I've seen some rabid Cruz supporters absolutely against trump. For what reasons?
I was listening to Limbaugh yesterday, and he a made a good point: Essentially that Cruz was poised and ready to be The Anti-Establishment Candidate until Trump came along and pissed in his corn flakes.

So between the two, Cruz has been more tied to The Establishment, especially after his creative and insider-like "let's get delegates without a vote" strategy.

So in effect, Trump has managed to be even more embarrassing and annoying than Cruz, and Ted's supporters are really pissed about that.

Last edited:
A most interesting primary. The anti-establishment candidate on both sides seem to be supporting the same things. Look at post #5. That could be Senator Sanders platform. I think when this election is over, there is going to be some soul searching both within the GOP and the Democrats. The people are telling the politicians that they are ready for some major changes in how this nation operates. And the politicians that listen will be the ones that win in '18 and '20.

Because we like the constitution and oppose anyone who is going to ignore it. Because the guy is essentially bill Clinton with an R next to his name and represents everything we've claime D to be fighting the last few decades. And the last few election cycles we've had to listen to them whine about how we keep electing rinos and now that we have Democrats the weakest ever and the chance to elect a solid conservative they want to elect the biggest rino in recent history

Cruz is this cycle's unelectable conservative. Trump, ironically, has become the center/right establishment candidate,

and the establishment Republicans haven't even figured that out.

It's because American politics is the biggest steaming pile of partisan bullshit you'll ever see. You have otherwise sane people shreaking that the president was born in Kenya and is a Muslim, that all scientists are wrong, that George W Bush was an actual retard, that Ted Cruz is a closet gay man and god knows how many other batshit crazy things just because of politics.

Back in the nineties, conservatives loved to ridicule Clinton as a finger-in-the-wind politician who just shifted in whatever direction he thought gained him the most politically.

Trump has taken that strategy to the next level. He shamelessly flips and flops and bends and twists, sometimes overnight, sometimes the same day.

And he never tries to hide it:

trump-finger-CNN-Debate-Mark-J.-TerrillAP-640x480.jpg

Forum List

Back