Why Are Conservatives So Resentful Of Americans With Good Jobs?

They believe Romney will bring 12 million jobs. The question is, without education, science, technology or infrastructure investment, what kind of jobs will those be?

The answer, of course, is it was just another Romney lie to a Republican base Santorum said has no smart people.

Are you REALLY so brainwashed, Deanie...that you don't understand that it's the Private Sector that creates jobs and always has?

Those jobs are out there right now...we just need someone in the Oval Office that doesn't think the Private Sector is the "enemy"...someone who puts jobs before ideology.

Actually, the largest employer in the US is the military.

Then you go down the line with NASA and all the related research.

And that's just the start.

75908_551102458249739_592989206_n.jpg

That is so, so true.

An example of this is a conservative poster who goes by the name of carol.

get this she starts out with this bit of nasty myth: "union thug crap"

then she puts in the bullcrap: "I have nothing against the average person that is in a union job...everyone needs a job!"

and here is where the meat in her resentment exposes itself "Some (actually a lot) of people have their lives wrapped up so tight into their unions that they can't see beyond their nose. They think that companies are obligated to give them everything they want, not necessarily what they need.

Sounds just like the red meat Mitt Romney threw out to Super Wealthy fools who hate "average" people who need a job. Whether Super Wealthy or more average, conservatives despise the 'average' person who needs a job yet wants more.
stupidest post of all time

You do know not all good jobs are Union ones right? You do know less than 20% of Workers are in a Union right? You do know that sometimes Unions get tunnel vision and forget to think about the Viability of their Industry when going after goodies for their workers right?

Oh wait, Of course you don't because you are a believer.

sometimes. what is your point?

sometimes a GOP Congressman rapes children. Sometimes ministers, Priests, and Boy Scout Leaders do too.

Sometimes a Democrat President gets blow jobs from a young star struck intern in the White House.

If unions are so good, why do you need mafia thugs to intimidate people to join and why do you need mandatory unions?
It seems to me if they were so great, people would join them on their own free will.

If unions are so good, why do you need mafia thugs to intimidate people to join and why do you need mandatory unions?
It seems to me if they were so great, people would join them on their own free will.

people just need some proper 'convincing' when it comes to unions. If they don't get it, MAKE them get it.

You do know not all good jobs are Union ones right? You do know less than 20% of Workers are in a Union right? You do know that sometimes Unions get tunnel vision and forget to think about the Viability of their Industry when going after goodies for their workers right?

Here's the problem with that.

I always find it amusing that you guys blame the Auto worker getting a modest $28.00 an hour and not the CEO making bad decisions getting 12 million a year for the auto industries woes...

Viability means that you screw the workers to pay off the investors, when the workers are the customers buying your product to begin with.

I always find it amusing that you guys blame the Auto worker getting a modest $28.00 an hour and not the CEO making bad decisions getting 12 million a year for the auto industries woes...

Viability means that you screw the workers to pay off the investors, when the workers are the customers buying your product to begin with.

That's horseshit. auto workers get WAY more than 28/hr

I have a bud who works in a GM parts plant in vandalia OH... he and his wife both work there and they EACH make about 90K a year salary plus bennies.

don't give me that "modest 28/hr" horseshit.... it isn't accurate.

[

I have a bud who works in a GM parts plant in vandalia OH... he and his wife both work there and they EACH make about 90K a year salary plus bennies.

How long have they been working there. What is their position?

Fact is, any job can be made to seem great when you throw in "Bennies"

Again, I'm having a hard time even begrudging an auto-worker 90K a year, although I doubt many of them make that much.

I want the guy who assembled the machine I am travelling in at 65 MPH to be well compensated, considering that said machine is powered by a flammable liquid.

The asshole in the Corner office... not so much.

[

How long have they been working there. What is their position?

Fact is, any job can be made to seem great when you throw in "Bennies"

Again, I'm having a hard time even begrudging an auto-worker 90K a year, although I doubt many of them make that much.

I want the guy who assembled the machine I am travelling in at 65 MPH to be well compensated, considering that said machine is powered by a flammable liquid.

The asshole in the Corner office... not so much.
that's ridiculous. Unions don't guarantee a great vehicle.

Tell ya what... you keep your union-made AMC Pacer, Ford Pinto or chevy Vega

I'll drive a toyota or honda... safe, reliable... and made in the USA by qualified non-union shops, that for some reason, never need bailing out.

And they last longer than any POS GM car...

Last edited:

LOL I have worked at non-union jobs most of my life. Because there are employers that will pay their employees better, and give better benefits, in order to avoid unions. However, I fully realize that the benefits that I enjoy would not be there without the unions fighting for the rights of the worker.

Unions did not come about because everyone hated the companies. They came about because of the greed of the companies and the fact that they treated their employees so poorly. From Blair Mountain to Ludlow, Colorado, we understand just how determined some are to create conditions close to slavery for employees.

Without investors there are no workers.
Investors are both workers and consumers.
Most investment comes from middle class Americans.
Get it off your chest and tell us how terrible they are also.

LOL I have worked at non-union jobs most of my life. Because there are employers that will pay their employees better, and give better benefits, in order to avoid unions. However, I fully realize that the benefits that I enjoy would not be there without the unions fighting for the rights of the worker.

Unions did not come about because everyone hated the companies. They came about because of the greed of the companies and the fact that they treated their employees so poorly. From Blair Mountain to Ludlow, Colorado, we understand just how determined some are to create conditions close to slavery for employees.

You didn't EARN your benefits?
All compensation is based on performance and competition.
Never threats of not working.

but why compell people to join?

but why compell people to join?

google how and why union rules in union shops exist

:eusa_hand:

Without investors there are no workers.
Investors are both workers and consumers.
Most investment comes from middle class Americans.
Get it off your chest and tell us how terrible they are also.

what a crock of ideological shit
:confused:

An example of this is a conservative poster who goes by the name of carol.

get this she starts out with this bit of nasty myth: "union thug crap"

then she puts in the bullcrap: "I have nothing against the average person that is in a union job...everyone needs a job!"

and here is where the meat in her resentment exposes itself "Some (actually a lot) of people have their lives wrapped up so tight into their unions that they can't see beyond their nose. They think that companies are obligated to give them everything they want, not necessarily what they need.

Sounds just like the red meat Mitt Romney threw out to Super Wealthy fools who hate "average" people who need a job. Whether Super Wealthy or more average, conservatives despise the 'average' person who needs a job yet wants more.

this really bothers many of the wingnut faithful

it strikes directly at the heart where their cognitive dissonance lives

:eusa_shhh:

[
that's ridiculous. Unions don't guarantee a great vehicle.

Tell ya what... you keep your union-made AMC Pacer, Ford Pinto or chevy Vega

I'll drive a toyota or honda... safe, reliable... and made in the USA by qualified non-union shops, that for some reason, never need bailing out.

And they last longer than any POS GM car...

Guy, the vast majority of Toyotas and Nissans are made by unionized Japanese workers in Japan.

Who are compensated as well as their American counterparts, and Japanese unions even have a say in runs the company. Their health care is paid for by the government.

But since you brought up the AMC Pacer (Made by Mitt ROmney's Dad!) or the Pinto, let's go there.

Did the workers put them together wrong?

Or were they just assembling the design the guy in the corner office approved?

The Pinto is a case in point. The repair that would have prevented the "Barabaque that Seats Four" cost exactly $11.00. But some asshole in a corner office, the guys you are Just SOOOOOOOOOOO concerned about, decided that it would be cheaper to pay off the families of those killed in accidents rather than recall every Pinto in the country and repair it.

"THe Problem with Capitalism is Capitalists; They're too damned Greedy"- Herbert Hoover.

Forum List

Back