Why are conservatives always on the wrong side of history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current conservative ideas are the radical liberal ideas of a hundred years ago that were fought just as stridently by the conservatives of those days. This has always been the case. Liberals come up with newer and better ideas. Conservatives fear and despise them. Liberals ultimately win out and convince the public to adopt them. The next generation of conservatives assume those ideas are conservative ones and defend them against their own generation's liberals who are trying to replace them with even further progress. Never in history has this pattern not held true.

Conservative: One who admires radicals a century after they're dead. Leo Rosten

Current conservative ideas are the radical liberal ideas of a hundred years ago that were fought just as stridently by the conservatives of those days. This has always been the case. Liberals come up with newer and better ideas. Conservatives fear and despise them. Liberals ultimately win out and convince the public to adopt them. The next generation of conservatives assume those ideas are conservative ones and defend them against their own generation's liberals who are trying to replace them with even further progress. Never in history has this pattern not held true.

Conservative: One who admires radicals a century after they're dead. Leo Rosten

WOW do you hate JFK that much?

The "Bush Mortgage Bubble." I think there's an insane asylum somewhere near Monterey and there's a dangerous inmate missing. Dad2three, get down out of that tree and call Nurse Jenkins. Tell her you want to come home to your padded cell now. She'll make you a nice cup of Ovaltine and read you another great whopper of a fairy tale. There's a good boy.

Here is a hint for the far left drones, JFK was a conservative..

Sure Bubba, Sure... Let me guess, he cut taxes from 90% to 70%. PLEASE give me ANY conservative who supports aa 70% tax bracket today? lol

“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.”

John F. Kennedy, Profiles in Courage

Sure Bubba, Sure... Let me guess, he cut taxes from 90% to 70%. PLEASE give me ANY conservative who supports aa 70% tax bracket today? lol

“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.”

And liberals can not be conservative?

Conservative liberalism - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Liberal conservatism - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

By today's definition (set by the far left) JFK would be a conservative. And thus would not fit in with far left controlled DNC that you far left drones support without question or hesitation..

this thread deserves a MAJOR BULLSHIT ALERT!

AdHominemAttackChristianLutheranLCMSDebateDoctrineCreedFalseTeachingConfessionsBible_zps125c74fb.jpg

The "Bush Mortgage Bubble." I think there's an insane asylum somewhere near Monterey and there's a dangerous inmate missing. Dad2three, get down out of that tree and call Nurse Jenkins. Tell her you want to come home to your padded cell now. She'll make you a nice cup of Ovaltine and read you another great whopper of a fairy tale. There's a good boy.

lf6-ad-hominem.png

By today's definition (set by the far left) JFK would be a conservative. And thus would not fit in with far left controlled DNC that you far left drones support without question or hesitation..

Sure Bubba, SURE. Must've been why Teddy was a Repug too right?

ANOTHER THING I FORGOT ABOUT CONSERVATIVES, THEY LOVE TO REWRITE HISTORY. Like how they waited until JFK's widow was dead BEFORE they started the campaign to make the guy theu hated a Repug too.. lol

ABOUT THAT 70% TAX RATE? ANYTHING? lol

ANOTHER THING I FORGOT ABOUT CONSERVATIVES, THEY LOVE TO REWRITE HISTORY. Like how they waited until JFK's widow was dead BEFORE they started the campaign to make the guy theu hated a Repug too.. lol

Show where the far left of today would support such tax cuts..

Weird, MOST of the left fought it back then also, BUT once it was shown to be a DEMAND versus supply side, BIG GOV'T LBJ GOT IT PASSED. Weird how conservatives HATE to give BIG GOV'T LBJ the credit right? lol

FK lowered taxes, but supply-siders wrongly claim he's their patron saint.

The Revenue Act of 1964 was aimed at the demand, rather than the supply, side of the economy," said Arthur Okun, one of Kennedy's economic advisers.

This distinction, taught in Economics 101, seldom makes it into the Washington sound-bite wars. A demand-side cut rests on the Keynesian theory that public consumption spurs economic activity. Government puts money in people's hands, as a temporary measure, so that they'll spend it. A supply-side cut sees business investment as the key to growth. Government gives money to businesses and wealthy individuals to invest, ultimately benefiting all Americans. Back in the early 1960s, tax cutting was as contentious as it is today, but it was liberal demand-siders who were calling for the cuts and generating the controversy.

....Many liberals disliked Kennedy's plan on grounds of equity.

JFK the demand-side tax cutter.

YOUR TURN? GIVE ME THE CONS SUPPORTING A 70% TAX RATE? lol

Let's take the top rate to 90% and see Bubba? lol

And BEFORE you right wingers CLAIM no one paid the NEW LBJ tax rates, this was the EFFECTIVE tax rates

taxmageddon.png

Weird, MOST of the left fought it back then also, BUT once it was shown to be a DEMAND versus supply side, BIG GOV'T LBJ GOT IT PASSED. Weird how conservatives HATE to give BIG GOV'T LBJ the credit right? lol

FK lowered taxes, but supply-siders wrongly claim he's their patron saint.

The Revenue Act of 1964 was aimed at the demand, rather than the supply, side of the economy," said Arthur Okun, one of Kennedy's economic advisers.

This distinction, taught in Economics 101, seldom makes it into the Washington sound-bite wars. A demand-side cut rests on the Keynesian theory that public consumption spurs economic activity. Government puts money in people's hands, as a temporary measure, so that they'll spend it. A supply-side cut sees business investment as the key to growth. Government gives money to businesses and wealthy individuals to invest, ultimately benefiting all Americans. Back in the early 1960s, tax cutting was as contentious as it is today, but it was liberal demand-siders who were calling for the cuts and generating the controversy.

....Many liberals disliked Kennedy's plan on grounds of equity.

JFK the demand-side tax cutter.

YOUR TURN? GIVE ME THE CONS SUPPORTING A 70% TAX RATE? lol

Yes the far left hated back then and thus proving all my earlier comments.

The far left shoots down all of their own propaganda in one post made by them..

Did not take long for the far left to prove that JFK was a Conservative and that the far left hates all conservatives.

More proof that the far left posts propaganda not based on reality..

Let's take the top rate to 90% and see Bubba? lol

And BEFORE you right wingers CLAIM no one paid the NEW LBJ tax rates, this was the EFFECTIVE tax rates

taxmageddon.png

Proof that the far left runs on a programmed religious narrative not connected to reality..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back