Why are conservatives always on the wrong side of history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ONE END OF PAGE 4 AND NOT A SINGLE CONSERVATIVE HAS EVEN TRIED ONE TIME, EXCEPT ad hominems, TO REFUTE ANYTHING I'VE POSITED? Really? lol

a_working_person_voting_for_a_republican_is_like_a_bumper_sticker-r3dd0af76626c4e6f8af72ffd90aa7c86_v9wht_8byvr_512.jpg

Sure Bubba, Sure... Let me guess, he cut taxes from 90% to 70%. PLEASE give me ANY conservative who supports aa 70% tax bracket today? lol

“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.”

John F. Kennedy, Profiles in Courage

And liberals can not be conservative?

Conservative liberalism - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Liberal conservatism - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

By today's definition (set by the far left) JFK would be a conservative. And thus would not fit in with far left controlled DNC that you far left drones support without question or hesitation..

Sure Bubba, SURE. Must've been why Teddy was a Repug too right?

ANOTHER THING I FORGOT ABOUT CONSERVATIVES, THEY LOVE TO REWRITE HISTORY. Like how they waited until JFK's widow was dead BEFORE they started the campaign to make the guy theu hated a Repug too.. lol

ABOUT THAT 70% TAX RATE? ANYTHING? lol

Show where the far left of today would support such tax cuts..

Weird, MOST of the left fought it back then also, BUT once it was shown to be a DEMAND versus supply side, BIG GOV'T LBJ GOT IT PASSED. Weird how conservatives HATE to give BIG GOV'T LBJ the credit right? lol

FK lowered taxes, but supply-siders wrongly claim he's their patron saint.

The Revenue Act of 1964 was aimed at the demand, rather than the supply, side of the economy," said Arthur Okun, one of Kennedy's economic advisers.

This distinction, taught in Economics 101, seldom makes it into the Washington sound-bite wars. A demand-side cut rests on the Keynesian theory that public consumption spurs economic activity. Government puts money in people's hands, as a temporary measure, so that they'll spend it. A supply-side cut sees business investment as the key to growth. Government gives money to businesses and wealthy individuals to invest, ultimately benefiting all Americans. Back in the early 1960s, tax cutting was as contentious as it is today, but it was liberal demand-siders who were calling for the cuts and generating the controversy.

....Many liberals disliked Kennedy's plan on grounds of equity.

JFK the demand-side tax cutter.

YOUR TURN? GIVE ME THE CONS SUPPORTING A 70% TAX RATE? lol

Yes the far left hated back then and thus proving all my earlier comments.

The far left shoots down all of their own propaganda in one post made by them..

Did not take long for the far left to prove that JFK was a Conservative and that the far left hates all conservatives.

More proof that the far left posts propaganda not based on reality..

Sure Bubba, SURE

By today's definition (set by the far left) JFK would be a conservative. And thus would not fit in with far left controlled DNC that you far left drones support without question or hesitation..

ANOTHER THING I FORGOT ABOUT CONSERVATIVES, THEY LOVE TO REWRITE HISTORY. Like how they waited until JFK's widow was dead BEFORE they started the campaign to make the guy theu hated a Repug too.. lol

Weird, MOST of the left fought it back then also, BUT once it was shown to be a DEMAND versus supply side, BIG GOV'T LBJ GOT IT PASSED. Weird how conservatives HATE to give BIG GOV'T LBJ the credit right? lol

FK lowered taxes, but supply-siders wrongly claim he's their patron saint.

The Revenue Act of 1964 was aimed at the demand, rather than the supply, side of the economy," said Arthur Okun, one of Kennedy's economic advisers.

This distinction, taught in Economics 101, seldom makes it into the Washington sound-bite wars. A demand-side cut rests on the Keynesian theory that public consumption spurs economic activity. Government puts money in people's hands, as a temporary measure, so that they'll spend it. A supply-side cut sees business investment as the key to growth. Government gives money to businesses and wealthy individuals to invest, ultimately benefiting all Americans. Back in the early 1960s, tax cutting was as contentious as it is today, but it was liberal demand-siders who were calling for the cuts and generating the controversy.

....Many liberals disliked Kennedy's plan on grounds of equity.

JFK the demand-side tax cutter.

Yes the far left hated back then and thus proving all my earlier comments.

The far left shoots down all of their own propaganda in one post made by them..

Did not take long for the far left to prove that JFK was a Conservative and that the far left hates all conservatives.

More proof that the far left posts propaganda not based on reality..

Sure Bubba, SURE

You have yet to show any far left drones that would support a tax cut on that level!

And of course you are promoting the far left religious narrative not based on reality.

Next you will be denying the next big tax cut for the rich which came in the Carter years with a far left Congress on the capital gains tax.

All you do is keep proving you are a far left drone not connected to reality..

Sure Bubba, Sure... Let me guess, he cut taxes from 90% to 70%. PLEASE give me ANY conservative who supports aa 70% tax bracket today? lol

“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.”

John F. Kennedy, Profiles in Courage

Let's take the top rate to 90% and see Bubba? lol

And BEFORE you right wingers CLAIM no one paid the NEW LBJ tax rates, this was the EFFECTIVE tax rates

taxmageddon.png

Proof that the far left runs on a programmed religious narrative not connected to reality..

Cognitive-Dissonance.jpg

Let's take the top rate to 90% and see Bubba? lol

And BEFORE you right wingers CLAIM no one paid the NEW LBJ tax rates, this was the EFFECTIVE tax rates

taxmageddon.png

Proof that the far left runs on a programmed religious narrative not connected to reality..

Cognitive-Dissonance.jpg

The irony impaired far left drone is at again..

U.S. Economy Is Pulling Ahead, towing of Rest of the World & it's not a scam like Bush's sub-prime lending that caused the worlds biggest economic disaster

When hard-working people earn a living wage with benefits, they pay taxes instead of receiving government assistance and actually have more disposable income to spend on growing the (local) economy,

So many people refuse to recognize that poorly-paid workers have no choice but to be dependent on government and/or charities.
More jobs with better pay (so people could churn the economy) would solve a lot of our problems.

Companies supposedly compete for people in a capitalist system, at least they used to. All this complaining you hear from companies saying they can't find "qualified" people is just a smoke and mirrors way of saying that they can't get the same people they got 10 years ago to rehire in for what they were making 10 years ago. If there were no minimum wage, believe me, it would be a race to the bottom

chris-rock-on-minimum-wage..jpeg

Last edited:
10 things conservative Christians got horribly wrong

Evangelicals and their ilk have used God to justify everything from Prohibition and segregation to slavery

1) Slavery. Both sides of the American slavery debate claimed to be speaking from profound Christian conviction. The Bible clearly has a positive view of slavery, something pro-slavery Christians routinely pointed out. Abolitionists took a broader, less literal view of the Bible. Unsurprising that this divide led to the South being, to this day, home of the most people who take a literalist, fundamentalist view of Christianity.

2) Women’s suffrage. Unsurprisingly, conservative Christianity was hostile to women’s suffrage, just as it’s been hostile to women’s progress every step of the way. Women’s “God-given” roles were routinely referenced in arguments against giving women the right to vote

3) Evolution.

4) Pain relief for childbirth

5) Catholics. Modern American conservative Protestants embrace Catholics and have even started to borrow some Catholic arguments against things like abortion and contraception. But in the early 19th and 20th centuries, there was widespread anti-Catholic sentiment, much of it tied up in hostility to Catholic immigrants. There was even an anti-Catholic political party in the early 19th century.

6) Prohibition. Hostility to Catholic immigrants was a large part of the reason temperance mania took over many Protestant communities in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Despite the fact that Jesus was a wine drinker, abstinence from alcohol—and forcing abstinence on others by force of law—became a major Christian cause during this period, leading up to Prohibition. This was true, even though many in the temperance movement were also aligned with the suffragist cause, making Prohibition one of the few Christian follies that weighs as heavily on the progressive Christian tradition as it does the conservative one. Luckily, it took little more than a decade for the bigtime error that was banning alcohol to be fixed.

7) Segregation. Religious leaders like Martin Luther King Jr. led the desegregation movement, but it’s also important to note that the pro-segregation movement was also conceived as a Christian one. Arguments against “race mixing” were largely framed in religious terms....Christian right leader Jerry Falwell got his start fighting to uphold segregation, giving sermons about how integration was offensive to God

8) Contraception. From the beginning of the “birth control movement,” Christian conservatives fought to keep women from being able to have sex without getting pregnant.

9) School prayer. Along with supporting segregation and opposing feminism, the third issue that created the modern religious right is the issue of prayer in public schools. In 1961, the Supreme Court ruled against school-led prayers, even if they were supposedly voluntary. Instead of giving up a chance to use schools as a way to foist their beliefs on the unwilling, the religious right spent and continues to spend the next 50-plus years trying to find some way to sneak religious indoctrination/bullying of non-believers into public schools.

10) Marriage equality. The religious right is still fighting like it’s not obvious that they’re wrong on this one. The tide is shifting so fast it’s quickly becoming apparent that this issue, like segregation, is going to be one where they’ll be pretending they didn’t fight so hard for the side of wrong in a few decades.

10 things conservative Christians got horribly wrong - Salon.com

10 things conservative Christians got horribly wrong

Evangelicals and their ilk have used God to justify everything from Prohibition and segregation to slavery

1) Slavery. Both sides of the American slavery debate claimed to be speaking from profound Christian conviction. The Bible clearly has a positive view of slavery, something pro-slavery Christians routinely pointed out. Abolitionists took a broader, less literal view of the Bible. Unsurprising that this divide led to the South being, to this day, home of the most people who take a literalist, fundamentalist view of Christianity.

2) Women’s suffrage. Unsurprisingly, conservative Christianity was hostile to women’s suffrage, just as it’s been hostile to women’s progress every step of the way. Women’s “God-given” roles were routinely referenced in arguments against giving women the right to vote

3) Evolution.

4) Pain relief for childbirth

5) Catholics. Modern American conservative Protestants embrace Catholics and have even started to borrow some Catholic arguments against things like abortion and contraception. But in the early 19th and 20th centuries, there was widespread anti-Catholic sentiment, much of it tied up in hostility to Catholic immigrants. There was even an anti-Catholic political party in the early 19th century.

6) Prohibition. Hostility to Catholic immigrants was a large part of the reason temperance mania took over many Protestant communities in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Despite the fact that Jesus was a wine drinker, abstinence from alcohol—and forcing abstinence on others by force of law—became a major Christian cause during this period, leading up to Prohibition. This was true, even though many in the temperance movement were also aligned with the suffragist cause, making Prohibition one of the few Christian follies that weighs as heavily on the progressive Christian tradition as it does the conservative one. Luckily, it took little more than a decade for the bigtime error that was banning alcohol to be fixed.

7) Segregation. Religious leaders like Martin Luther King Jr. led the desegregation movement, but it’s also important to note that the pro-segregation movement was also conceived as a Christian one. Arguments against “race mixing” were largely framed in religious terms....Christian right leader Jerry Falwell got his start fighting to uphold segregation, giving sermons about how integration was offensive to God

8) Contraception. From the beginning of the “birth control movement,” Christian conservatives fought to keep women from being able to have sex without getting pregnant.

9) School prayer. Along with supporting segregation and opposing feminism, the third issue that created the modern religious right is the issue of prayer in public schools. In 1961, the Supreme Court ruled against school-led prayers, even if they were supposedly voluntary. Instead of giving up a chance to use schools as a way to foist their beliefs on the unwilling, the religious right spent and continues to spend the next 50-plus years trying to find some way to sneak religious indoctrination/bullying of non-believers into public schools.

10) Marriage equality. The religious right is still fighting like it’s not obvious that they’re wrong on this one. The tide is shifting so fast it’s quickly becoming apparent that this issue, like segregation, is going to be one where they’ll be pretending they didn’t fight so hard for the side of wrong in a few decades.

10 things conservative Christians got horribly wrong - Salon.com

The OP is clearly too stupid to differentiate conservatism from Christianity.

What a fucking dumbass.

Last edited:
The "Bush Mortgage Bubble." I think there's an insane asylum somewhere near Monterey and there's a dangerous inmate missing. Dad2three, get down out of that tree and call Nurse Jenkins. Tell her you want to come home to your padded cell now. She'll make you a nice cup of Ovaltine and read you another great whopper of a fairy tale. There's a good boy.

lf6-ad-hominem.png
Okay, this one was funny.

Now, show Me YOUR arguments. So far, all I have seen is you posting OTHER PEOPLES arguments. Or are you going to claim that all this partisan research you posted is your own?

ONE END OF PAGE 4 AND NOT A SINGLE CONSERVATIVE HAS EVEN TRIED ONE TIME, EXCEPT ad hominems, TO REFUTE ANYTHING I'VE POSITED? Really? lol

a_working_person_voting_for_a_republican_is_like_a_bumper_sticker-r3dd0af76626c4e6f8af72ffd90aa7c86_v9wht_8byvr_512.jpg
Not a single rebuttal. Good job, dad2three. :thup:
A rebuttal to what? Partisan talking points using messaged data by someone much smarter than the OP? What is there to refute?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back