Why Are Blacks Outlashing With Violence? (If you don't know, you were probably part of the reason)

"Let us keep before us the fact that, almost without exception, every race or nation that has ever got upon its feet has done so through struggle and trial and persecution; and that out of this very resistance to wrong, out of the struggle against odds, they have gained strength, self-confidence, and experience which they could not have gained in any other way."

"No one can degrade us except ourselves."

"I have never had much patience with the multitudes of people who are always ready to explain why one cannot succeed. I have always had high regard for the man who could tell me how to succeed."

"He who lives outside the law is a slave. The free man is the man who lives within the law, whether that law be the physical or the divine."

Booker T. Washington

Imagine you were born black. You were born with 2 crack head parents in an urban community. The schools in that community are over driven with "thugs" that think being chest beaters is more important than education.

Imagine you were born BLACK as an inner city child to two crackhead parents. Imagine that since schools are separated by wealth and area's that you actually wanted to be successful but since so many in your class didn't want to be successful, they hindered the rest.

I live in a Red State where we have oppressed blacks for generations. I was a part of it when I was a child because children do what they are taught to do. They are the ONLY Open minds.

Through my life I've watched black oppression of many forms..........

The thing you need to ask yourself is, DO YOU LIKE OPPRESSION? And how would you react?

To be fair, blacks didn't react until decades of it. Just like gays didn't react until they made a scene.

It's time for you bigots to pick up a Bible and put down your hate. Most of the soft brains on here don't even know the things we kept blacks from by force for decades.

Pin a tiger and they will roar. I would do the same.

Careful. You're going to be cyber lynched....it is not acceptable in this forum to speak empathetically about
"The blacks", but being one of the few who posts here occasionally, I don't feel that violence is a positive path either.

:scared1:

Imagine you were born black. You were born with 2 crack head parents in an urban community. The schools in that community are over driven with "thugs" that think being chest beaters is more important than education.

Imagine you were born BLACK as an inner city child to two crackhead parents. Imagine that since schools are separated by wealth and area's that you actually wanted to be successful but since so many in your class didn't want to be successful, they hindered the rest.

I live in a Red State where we have oppressed blacks for generations. I was a part of it when I was a child because children do what they are taught to do. They are the ONLY Open minds.

The thing you need to ask yourself is, DO YOU LIKE OPPRESSION? And how would you react?

To be fair, blacks didn't react until decades of it. Just like gays didn't react until they made a scene.

It's time for you bigots to pick up a Bible and put down your hate. Most of the soft brains on here don't even know the things we kept blacks from by force for decades.

Careful. You're going to be cyber lynched....it is not acceptable in this forum to speak empathetically about
"The blacks", but being one of the few who posts here occasionally, I don't feel that violence is a positive path either.

:scared1:

I am a TRUE AMERICAN thinker. I think in all aspects of my life. One thing I've learned is that people hate change, they are scared to death of it.

I've been lynched for years by small brains (I wouldn't call it lynched, they are too stupid. They just say things like "You are stupid".....oh boy.......how will I deal with all of that political information...)

I tend to argue topics that apply to everyone in an attempt to open minds.

"Let us keep before us the fact that, almost without exception, every race or nation that has ever got upon its feet has done so through struggle and trial and persecution; and that out of this very resistance to wrong, out of the struggle against odds, they have gained strength, self-confidence, and experience which they could not have gained in any other way."

"I have never had much patience with the multitudes of people who are always ready to explain why one cannot succeed. I have always had high regard for the man who could tell me how to succeed."

"He who lives outside the law is a slave. The free man is the man who lives within the law, whether that law be the physical or the divine."

Booker T. Washington
The violence of the civi war and Jim Crow atrocities must have been fresh in Booker's mind. The quotes you have assigned to him do not omit violence as a subset of the term "struggle" as posited. "Resistance to wrong? Surely, that resistance entails violence when necessary to defend one's self and family.

Violence is generally anathema to pious Black Christians who, BTW, are a large portion of the African American communities. They would rather kneel and pray or engage in passive resistance than to engage in militancy.The preponderance of violence comes from gangs: young frustrated black males who exist on the fringes of a conservative Black christian society. This relatively small minority is the focus of all the problems associated with American Blacks today. Perhaps, taken in that context, the words of Washington can be aptly applied here.

Booker T. Washington
The violence of the civi war and Jim Crow atrocities must have been fresh in Booker's mind. The quotes you have assigned to him do not omit violence as a subset of the term "struggle" as posited. "Resistance to wrong? Surely, that resistance entails violence when necessary to defend one's self and family.

Violence is generally anathema to pious Black Christians who, BTW, are a large portion of the African American communities. They would rather kneel and pray or engage in passive resistance than to engage in militancy.The preponderance of violence comes from gangs: young frustrated black males who exist on the fringes of a conservative Black christian society. This relatively small minority is the focus of all the problems associated with American Blacks today. Perhaps, taken in that context, the words of Washington can be aptly applied here.

The violence you see today isn't in defense of oneself or ones family.

Why are young blacks males frustrated? My guess is because they're weak, they're not strong enough nor wise enough to overcome the hardships they face so they lash out in the most primitive of ways.

Booker T. was a wise man and his words should be applied in this day and age. I only shown a fraction of what he spoke about, I suggest everyone read his words and those of Frederick Douglas, men who truly knew what it meant to be oppressed.

So what is YOUR solution? More of the same? Doesn't your incessant "oppression" mantra perpetuate this problem?

STOP GLOBAL WHINING

Ok, I will imagine I was born black, because I was. Well, I was born white in an all white neighbhorhood that turned all black when urban flight kicked in Detroit in the 1970's. After the 68 riots. Blacks had enough! Enough is enough! So they made their point, and whites fled. Yes we took our business' and tax dollars when we left, but black people moved in and what happened to the communities? They fell apart. If gays or Jews moved in, the communities would have thrived. The lawns would be perfect. People would want their disposable income. But Meijers and Krogers and Walmart won't even go into Detroit because of the violence.

Anyways, I get it. Life has not been fair for black people. The question is, are you asking what white people should do or what black people should do? Because the answers are different. White people should say, "demand more police, better schools, tax dollars going towards access to planned parenthood so people who aren't ready to be parents don't have children. More hiring black people to help them. Etc.

But what about black people? What are they doing to fix the problem? Are they selling less drugs? Are they working and saving money? Is violence going up or down in the black community? Are parents doing their job? Are too many kids having kids? Do you know a drug dealer or murderer or gang member and you haven't turned them in? Are you against the cops when they have to deal with the lowest common denominators in your society? I wouldn't do that job for a million dollars. So if a guy with a guy gets a few to the head after he's been cuffed, bfd. Black people need to stop forgetting who's the criminals are. Resist arrest and you're going to get a beat down. Anything other than putting your hands behind your back when told. Teach your kids that. Don't run. Don't fight back. Let them put the cuffs on you. Then fight it in court.

Do unto others, as you would want others to do unto you... the Golden Rule

Love thy neighbor, as thyself....

(And Lord, who is my neighbor, we ask?)

Luke 10

28 And He said to him, “You have answered correctly; do this and you will live.” 29 But wishing to justify himself, he said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

The Good Samaritan

30 Jesus replied and said, “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among robbers, and they stripped him and n]">[n]beat him, and went away leaving him half dead. 31 And by chance a priest was going down on that road, and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. 32 Likewise a Levite also, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side.

33 But a Samaritan, who was on a journey, came upon him; and when he saw him, he felt compassion, 34 and came to him and bandaged up his wounds, pouring oil and wine on them; and he put him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 On the next day he took out two o]">[o]denarii and gave them to the innkeeper and said, ‘Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I return I will repay you.’

36 Which of these three do you think proved to be a neighbor to the man who fell into the robbers’ hands?” 37 And he said, “The one who showed mercy toward him.” Then Jesus said to him, “Go and do p]">[p]the same.

-------------------------------

We are a people who no longer are capable of empathy...we don't put ourselves in the shoes of others, in order to be more compassionate....and understanding...

Now a days....It's all about 'me', and the exact opposite of the Golden Rule, or as Christians, the exact opposite of the ONE Commandment that encompasses all commandments...

Good Luck in getting others on this site to exhibit some kind of resemblance of empathy!

I get it that a lot of cops don't like young black males and they treat them differently. We need more blacks in the police. I don't like all white police forces. I'd hate to be black driving through that city.

But I also have empathy for the police. If they say put your hand behind your back, do it. If you resist arrest expect a beat down. Black or white. Blacks seem to want to be above this. Not equal but immune. No you can't argue with an officer on why. Just put your hands behind your back. Fight it in court.

And we can't hold cops up to an impossible standard. If I wrestle a gun out of your hands after you car jacked a family, I'm going to beat your mother fucking ass.

Booker T. Washington

Why are young blacks males frustrated? My guess is because they're weak, they're not strong enough nor wise enough to overcome the hardships they face so they lash out in the most primitive of ways.

Booker T. was a wise man and his words should be applied in this day and age. I only shown a fraction of what he spoke about, I suggest everyone read his words and those of Frederick Douglas, men who truly knew what it meant to be oppressed.

^:anj_stfu:^

I'll give you one bit of information to help you learn the answers to your own questions........NOT ALL BLACKS ACT LIKE YOU PROFILE THEM. It has nothing to do with skin..........

So what gives if it has nothing to do with skin? Nothing but oppression.............(oppression of parents = oppression of children, children are their parents offspring.........idiot)

I'm sure you are much more comfortable just thinking blacks are stupid instead of using CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS. The easy path is the path many chose. :smartass:

Booker T. Washington

Gang violence often does translate into defense of self and family whether you agree or not.

I think we need to define the violence at which the op was apparently directed. Are you applying BW's words to decry black on black gang violence or is it the reactions of protestors against police violence?
Would you also promote the quotes of BTW for inclusion in American foreign policy?

Last, but not least, white Christians have certainly not proven to be the models upon whom BTW's quotes were drawn. Nay, white Christians have (traditionally x conservatively) been the most violent group in recorded history. On what grounds do you, who I assume are a member of that group, presume to have some ordination to complain about black violence?

Booker T. Washington

^:anj_stfu:^

I'll give you one bit of information to help you learn the answers to your own questions........NOT ALL BLACKS ACT LIKE YOU PROFILE THEM. It has nothing to do with skin..........

So what gives if it has nothing to do with skin? Nothing but oppression.............(oppression of parents = oppression of children, children are their parents offspring.........idiot)

I'm sure you are much more comfortable just thinking blacks are stupid instead of using CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS. The easy path is the path many chose. :smartass:

Enough of them do to warrant the stereotype.

Yes it has a lot to do with skin color tabled with culture.

Oppression? How the fuck are blacks being oppressed?

Do you even know what the fuck the word mean?

Yes a lot of blacks are indeed stupid. But then again so are a lot of whites, especially white liberals.

Booker T. Washington

Gang violence often does translate into defense of self and family whether you agree or not.

I think we need to define the violence at which the op was apparently directed. Are you applying BW's words to decry black on black gang violence or is it the reactions of protestors against police violence?
Would you also promote the quotes of BTW for inclusion in American foreign policy?

Last, but not least, white Christians have certainly not proven to be the models upon whom BTW's quotes were drawn. Nay, white Christians have (traditionally x conservatively) been the most violent group in recorded history. On what grounds do you, who I assume are a member of that group, presume to have some ordination to complain about black violence?

Say what? What a load of bullshit!! Knockout games, how the fuck is that in defense?

BTW's message to black Americans is:

* To think of themselves as Americans first and foremost, not to succumb to the racial illusions that distorted the minds of their white fellow-citizens - or to follow future false messiahs into some mystical back-to-Africa fantasy.
* Not to allow bitterness over the past to distract them from their prospects for the future.
* To emphasize education, work, and capital accumulation as their path to success.
* To seize the opportunities provided by a free, competitive economy.
* To believe the best of their country - and of their place in it.

Despite living at the moment when race hatred came to its fiercest boil in all American history, fiercer than anything expressed even under slavery, Washington remained serenely convinced. His ideas remain potent today.

Forum List

Back