Why are all the leaks coming from Washington Post????

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Anyone think to ask why the Washington Post is THE ONLY one that "anonymous sources" are speaking too regarding President Trump,etc.?

Why is it ONLY the Washington Post that has these "anonymous sources"?

One of their rumors Post told us this back in May 10,2017.......
But the private accounts of more than 30 officials at the White House, the Justice Department, the FBI and on Capitol Hill, as well as Trump confidants and other senior Republicans, paint a conflicting narrative centered on the president’s brewing personal animus toward Comey.
Many of those interviewed spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to candidly discuss internal deliberations.
Inside Trump’s anger and impatience — and his sudden decision to fire Comey

NOW some of those spoke WITHOUT anonymity! Why doesn't the POST reveal them?

I did a search on the very latest rumor..
"Special Counsel Robert Mueller investigating U.S. President Donald Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner",
over 286,000 results!

Hell I still say it's someone from Trumps inner circle. It makes both Trump and the investigation look bad.

Anyone think to ask why the Washington Post is THE ONLY one that "anonymous sources" are speaking too regarding President Trump,etc.?

But the private accounts of more than 30 officials at the White House, the Justice Department, the FBI and on Capitol Hill, as well as Trump confidants and other senior Republicans, paint a conflicting narrative centered on the president’s brewing personal animus toward Comey.
Many of those interviewed spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to candidly discuss internal deliberations.

"Special Counsel Robert Mueller investigating U.S. President Donald Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner",
over 286,000 results!
Well it is in - ah, Washington.

Hell I still say it's someone from Trumps inner circle. It makes both Trump and the investigation look bad.
I think it's been Mueller, letting the American public know what's happening without "breaking the rules." Nothing is being leaked that could jeopardize the investigation--just a status update, so far as I've heard.

over 286,000 results!
Wrong. Leaks are going to the Washington Post from the leakers.
For instance, if James Comey leaks something to the Washington Post, it didn't come from the Washington Post. It came from Comey.
Secondly, you lied about leaks going to the WaPo. For instance, today the New York Times has this: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/16/us/politics/trump-transition-team-russia-inquiry.html and you are fully aware of other past leaks going to the NYT and not just the WaPo.

I think it's been Mueller, letting the American public know what's happening without "breaking the rules." Nothing is being leaked that could jeopardize the investigation--just a status update, so far as I've heard.

No, I don't believe it's him or his team, it would deeply hurt him. Leaks have been coming out long before Mueller. There is someone on his team or maybe even Pence that is leaking. Remember he doesn't treat the people around him with much respect and belittles them. Some of his own people are out to get him.

No, I don't believe it's him or his team, it would deeply hurt him. Leaks have been coming out long before Mueller. There is someone on his team or maybe even Pence that is leaking. Remember he doesn't treat the people around him with much respect and belittles them. Some of his own people are out to get him.
Priebus secretly doesn't like Trump. It could be him. Sessions almost resigned because Trump pissed him off. It could be him.

Well explain then this: Where are the FEW that didn't speak on condition of anonymity?
I mean why didn't the Post Identify them? It certainly would be more believable wouldn't you say?
This is my point.... if the Post truly had identifiable source, why didn't they identify them???

The rumors I hear are that the leaks about the Mueller investigation are coming from within the WH, though not expressly the individuals in Trump's inner circle, not from Mueller's group. I have heard the same about several other leaks as well. They are, as they come to me, however, just rumors....things I'm told quietly at the club or at dinner or over cocktails. They come from people whom I think have some basis -- by dint of what they do for a living and what I know about the "circles" in which they dwell -- for being right, but I realize they may not be right.

Priebus secretly doesn't like Trump. It could be him. Sessions almost resigned because Trump pissed him off. It could be him.

Did Sessions tell you or any reporter that Trump pissed him off? Or was it an anonymous source?
The point is this: "Many of those interviewed spoke on the condition of anonymity" OK... WHERE ARE THE FEW that didn't speak on condition of anonymity?
"MANY spoke"... NOT all 30! Who were the FEW that didn't ask to speak on condition of anonymity?

The rumors I hear are that the leaks about the Mueller investigation are coming from within the WH, though not expressly the individuals in Trump's inner circle, not from Mueller's group. I have heard the same about several other leaks as well. They are, as they come to me, however, just rumors....things I'm told quietly at the club or at dinner or over cocktails. They come from people whom I think have some basis -- by dint of what they do for a living and what I know about the "circles" in which they dwell -- for being right, but I realize they may not be right.

AGAIN I point out this from the below: Many of those interviewed spoke on the condition of anonymity
WHO were those FEW that didn't require anonymity? What are their names?

Most importantly though the most recent spat of "rumors" all coming from Washington Post and all the other MSM are repeating them!

AGAIN answer this please as it was the sole point of this thread:
Who are the few that didn't speak on condition of anonymity?

Do you understand?
Why doesn't the Post simply identify those "FEW" that make up the others of the "MANY" of the more than 30 officials at the White House ?????

Leaking of any kind is illegal.

AGAIN just so the majority of you that are evidently NOT READING clearly!

The Post wrote the below story.
Said more than 30 White House officials..."Many of those interviewed spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to candidly discuss internal deliberations."
OK. Who were the few that DIDN"T care if they were identified? Who were they?
The point of the story is Many spoke on condition of anonymity! NOT ALL! OK please identify those FEW! What is the problem? Maybe because it is MADE UP!!

over 286,000 results!

Because they are the only ones who have no journalistic integrity and publish unknown sources.

The post is a premier place for spooks to hawk the preferred CIA viewpoint

Also a favorite among centrist elites

Woodward is the prime example of the CIA having a voice in our media

Then again why don't those "few that didn't speak on condition of anonymity " be identified!

Do you understand this issue?

My position is to CALL THE POST on this statement! Who are the FEW that didn't ask for anonymity!

Leaking of unclassified information isn't.

The post is a premier place for spooks to hawk the preferred CIA viewpoint

Also a favorite among centrist elites

Woodward is the prime example of the CIA having a voice in our media

Do you understand this issue?

My position is to CALL THE POST on this statement! Who are the FEW that didn't ask for anonymity!

Forum List

Back