Why 2nd Amendment supporters who support mandatory training are wrong….

I can't believe I'm agreeing with you but there is a reasonableness to this. I have long thought that if we required a high school diploma or GED with real academic proficiency required in various subjects before a person could register to vote or get a marriage license or have an unrestricted driver's license or legally buy or possess a gun, etc. at least until say age 25, high school drop outs would largely cease to exist. And the threat of being suspended or expelled from school would be taken much more seriously by the students.

At least it's worth a thought.
That's ludicrous.

Yes.....they would reduce each thing......as a mandatory literacy test would make for better voters......but mandating literacy tests or training to own and carry a gun are unConstitutional.....

Background checks don't do anything to stop criminals.
Training doesn't infringe on the rights to arms anymore than denying guns to people in prison denies the right.

It just serves to ensure the right is exercised with prudence and safety.

Why are you opposed to reducing gun crime?
Why are you opposed to reducing gun violence?
Why are you opposed to reducing gun death and injuries?

Yes.....they would reduce each thing......as a mandatory literacy test would make for better voters......but mandating literacy tests or training to own and carry a gun are unConstitutional.....

Please refer to the post to which you responded in re your ignorance.

Do you know what would actually reduce gun crime by about 95%? Keeping the democrat party from releasing violent criminals over and over again, not matter how often they commit violent gun crimes...
Democratic party doesn't release criminals.
That claim, again, demonstrates your ignorance.

Yes...we get it....you believe that women are responsible for rape in this country...you don't have to keep selling your point.
No, you don't get it squirty.
That's the problem.
You're simply not bright enough to get it.

The majority of firearm accidents also happen to criminals who can't buy, own or legally carry a gun, yet have them because they are criminals engaged in crime......they are also often high or drunk at the time of the accidents......
So you're saying the three year old who got his daddy's improperly stored loaded gun and killed his five year old sister is a criminal high on drugs?

And you wonder why I make fun of you fools.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Really?

You seem to think that .00025% of gun owners being involved in fatal accidents is statistically significant.

And I don't think you can get a much lower accidental death percentage when there are tens of millions of legal gun use incidences and up to 60% of the population owning guns.

And BG checks don't reduce crime because criminals don't get BG checks.

And the fact that there are so few fatal gun accidents is proof that the vast majority of gun owners are indeed practicing gun safety
I think that 100% of gun owners and the people..VICTIMS around them would be safer with training.

600 million guns in the hands of Americans.....

around 500 accidental gun deaths.....

Yeah, not the problem you claim it is so you can ban guns.

Meanwhile...

290 million cars in the U.S.....

over 40,000 accidental deaths due to cars.....

Ban cars....right?
I'd ask you to try not to be so stupid but, why bother?

A gun serves only one purpose.
To kill.
That is a firearm's only purpose.

A vehicle on the other hand provides transportation, shelter, delivery of goods and services.

If a comparison to gus and vehicles is what you want then compare the number of times vehicles are used to gun uses. There's your stat Dirty Dingus.

100% of gun owners and their potential victims would be safer with firearms training.

Wrong.

What we have is a mish mash of crap regulations that disappear as soon as you cross the state line.
To be effective regulation must be nation in scope.
Seen any mass murders using Thompsons? How about howitzers?
See, nationwide regulation works.

The thread concerns training.
Your attempt to go off topic is recognized and rejected.
Jarlaxle if you're too much of a coward to participate, why not just go to the badlands where your cowardice is appreciated.

600 million guns in the hands of Americans.....

around 500 accidental gun deaths.....

Yeah, not the problem you claim it is so you can ban guns.

Meanwhile...

290 million cars in the U.S.....

over 40,000 accidental deaths due to cars.....

Ban cars....right?
/----/ "Ban cars....right?"
Yes, It's on their wish list.

Well if you think that constitutes civil debate I'll leave you to it. Have a great evening.

The midshipman doesn't debate. He flames, trolls, insults, and lies.

/——/ What part of the post is untrue? Do you have anything other than insults?

No. No, he does not.

No, they intended that members of militia had access to arms

That is the purpose of the second amendment

That's a lie, as usual.

The gun crime has EVERYTHING to do with the "vast majority" of gun owners.

That is, unless you can show me the Criminal Gun Mart.
Each and every gun in the hands of a criminal cam from the hands of a "law abiding" gun owner.

Most are straw purchases...which is already a crime.

EXACTLY.

Your response clearly shows those weapons have nothing to do with personal defense OR militia support.
But those weapons will eventually kill someone whether no matter your intent.
Your ego isn't worth anyone's life...but yours.

That's stupid.

some women who place themselves in positions of risk are indeed somewhat responsible for their attacks.

Fuck around and find out...
It's not just a meme title.

Until you show me the Criminal Gun Mart then each and every gun in the possession of a criminal started life in the hands of a "law abiding gun owner"

This is a fact.

Every time I think you have hit rock bottom...you squat and squeeze out a jewel like this.

If you want to be a law abiding gun dealer you have to get a license.

All states and the federal government have laws that govern the private sales of firearms as well.

So if you abide by those laws you are a law abiding gun owner. If you don't then you're not.

You really seem to not be able to understand these very simple concepts.

He understands, he's just lying.

Most stolen cars are stolen because the owner left the car unlocked and the keys inside the car.
In other words, the owner of the car invited the theft. His responsibility.

When professionals are involved they steal the car because of the type of car ergo, car owner buys car for ego boost, car gets stolen for ego boost, car owner responsibility.

Show me a gun in the hands of a criminal and whether stolen, black market, found...there's a "law abiding" gun owner on the other end of the chain.
That is the stupidest thing posted on this site in weeks.

I'd ask you to try not to be so stupid but, why bother?

A gun serves only one purpose.
To kill.
That is a firearm's only purpose.

A vehicle on the other hand provides transportation, shelter, delivery of goods and services.

If a comparison to gus and vehicles is what you want then compare the number of times vehicles are used to gun uses. There's your stat Dirty Dingus.

100% of gun owners and their potential victims would be safer with firearms training.
That's stupid even by your standards.

No, they intended that members of militia had access to arms

That is the purpose of the second amendment
/----/ Which were ordinary citizens. Try reading a history book, will ya?

Militia | Definition, History, & Facts | Britannica

Aug. 16, 2023, 8:14 AM ET (ABC News (U.S.)) militia, military organization of citizens with limited military training, which is available for emergency service, usually for local defense.

That's stupid even by your standards.
/----/ :
"A gun serves only one purpose.
To kill.
That is a firearm's only purpose."

Nope. It also serves as a deterrent, and to wound. Ever hear of a warning shot?

A car can also be used to kill, and maim. Ever hear of vehicular homicide? Besides, owning a gun is a right. Driving a car is a privilege.

Literacy tests are not covered by the Constitution. It was banned by the Voting Rights Act.

Forum List

Back