Who's responsible for the current high prices?

No dumbass… it’s not

When you want to play grammar Nazi you ought to be sure you’re correct, other wise you look more stupid than usual
Well....ahem.....achtung! He's actually right if you look at the second. " Your "....

Half of recent US inflation due to high corporate profits, report finds

The corporations have been quick to pass on any increases in cost, but not inclined to pass on the savings when costs went back down.

So not really inflation anymore, but greedflation.

This, my republican friends, is why capitalism requires regulation and oversight.

Hey Genius,

What is the debt now ?

What were his deficits ?

We are on track to be at 2.5 trillion in 2024.

This guy is helping to crater the economy.

Just not by the morons we have in D.C. now.

They can't regulate their bowels.
Problem is they regulate everything into their own bank accounts and neglect the effect that that has on the rest of the economy. They're not stupid just greedy. Well maybe a little of both!

Problem is they regulate everything into their own bank accounts and neglect the effect that that has on the rest of the economy. They're not stupid just greedy. Well maybe a little of both!
You can't tell where big business ends and government begins.

Nobody has our backs.

The regulators and overseers have been bought off by the Wall Street scum infesting your party.

Best get that plank out of your own eye first, Dudley.

Geezus...... Ain't that the truth!
Plenty of blame to go around
If We stopped just blaming THE OTHER PARTY FOR EVERYTHING,
and got honest enough to see the whole picture,
Maybe we could HAVE some healthy honest effect on ALL of them.

The Government has figured out that they can get Big Business to do things that the Government can't legally do themselves.
The door swings both ways.

And given the true idiots we have in D.C. I am afraid it's big business that is getting the government to do things....much less the other-way-around.

The door swings both ways.

And given the true idiots we have in D.C. I am afraid it's big business that is getting the government to do things....much less the other-way-around.

Prolly

But since Government has considerably more power to harm - increasing their power concerns me much more.

Who’s responsible for high prices?

Considering they are the result of past high inflation (because inflation is NOT high now) the answer would be Trump and Biden since they both dumped a shitload of money into the economy because of Covid. Next question

Half of recent US inflation due to high corporate profits, report finds

The corporations have been quick to pass on any increases in cost, but not inclined to pass on the savings when costs went back down.

So not really inflation anymore, but greedflation.

This, my republican friends, is why capitalism requires regulation and oversight.
Who is saying that the costs are going back down? INFLATION may be coming down, but when prices go up rapidly, then continue going up more slowly, they're still going up. We would have to see DEFLATION in order to see prices falling, and no one's saying that's happening. In fact, that would scare economists quite a lot.

Forum List

Back