Who's our enemy?

See how it works? Condemn one reliigon and you only open yourself up to comparisons. Religion isn't the enemy.

I don't consider Islam a religion. I consider it more like a cult.

It's a religion. The acts perpetrated by minorities in the name of a whole religion are the cults.

Mormons don't enslave underage girls, the FLDS cult does.
Christians don't murder, the KKK's pseudo-Christian cult does.
Catholics don't molest altar boys. A tiny percentage of priests do.
Jews don't...Well actually we don't do much of anything come to think of it. :)

And Muslims don't kill and become suicide-bombers. An infintesimal fraction of Muslims do.

See how it works? Condemn one reliigon and you only open yourself up to comparisons. Religion isn't the enemy.

I don't consider Islam a religion. I consider it more like a cult.

It's a religion. The acts perpetrated by minorities in the name of a whole religion are the cults.

Mormons don't enslave underage girls, the FLDS cult does.
Christians don't murder, the KKK's pseudo-Christian cult does.
Catholics don't molest altar boys. A tiny percentage of priests do.
Jews don't...Well actually we don't do much of anything come to think of it. :)

And Muslims don't kill and become suicide-bombers. An infintesimal fraction of Muslims do.

No, there are passages in their "holy book" which say that others are second class citizens. They are implored to "convert" people by the sword. I believe that ISIS is following the TRUE Islam. It is a hateful cult.

Yo, we should start at home first? Here is one terrorist teaching another
5c641ee5ab6b3ae78ee105977548d058.jpg
how to pray!

An intangible abstract concept like Islam, or the actual people running around with military weapons? If we dedicate ourselves to attacking the idea, will we have any success? Do bombs and bullets kill ideas like they do people? Or should we instead focus our efforts on actual people?

Islam isn't our enemy. A handful of very evil people using Islam as a selling point is.
Once again I will point out, that my Bible does not tell me to convert people or kill them if they won't convert, like the Quran does.

And anyone who believes that our government, does not know where ISIS terrorists are holed up at, is a real idiot. But, if we were to blow them up, then they would have to face some issues they really don't want to deal with, so let the ISIS bunch be, and let people live in fear of them, so we can protect our phony baloney jobs. That is their mentality.

And once again, I'll point out what every KJV says:

2 CHRONICLES CHAPTER 15

13 That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.
- 2 Chronicles 15, KJV
The old testament is simply history, the new testament is Christianity. The old testament does not apply to Christians.
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. Every lesson learned in the Old Testament does apply to Christianity, even Jesus said so.

One of the greatest stories ever told, is the Exodus, yet many people miss a main part of the lesson, right at the very end. Moses struck the rock in anger, and was denied entry into the promised land, because he disobeyed God, because he lost his temper. People miss that lesson, which can be compared to how many people will miss Heaven, for disobedience.
Yes, God loved Moses, yet he had to be punished, and if God will punish Moses for such a little offence, what chance do unbelievers have to ever get to Heaven? None.

An intangible abstract concept like Islam, or the actual people running around with military weapons? If we dedicate ourselves to attacking the idea, will we have any success? Do bombs and bullets kill ideas like they do people? Or should we instead focus our efforts on actual people?

Islam isn't our enemy. A handful of very evil people using Islam as a selling point is.
Once again I will point out, that my Bible does not tell me to convert people or kill them if they won't convert, like the Quran does.

And anyone who believes that our government, does not know where ISIS terrorists are holed up at, is a real idiot. But, if we were to blow them up, then they would have to face some issues they really don't want to deal with, so let the ISIS bunch be, and let people live in fear of them, so we can protect our phony baloney jobs. That is their mentality.

2 CHRONICLES CHAPTER 15

13 That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.
- 2 Chronicles 15, KJV
Are you doing what most atheists do, take the wor of God out of context?

2 CHRONICLES CHAPTER 15

- 2 Chronicles 15, KJV
The old testament is simply history, the new testament is Christianity. The old testament does not apply to Christians.
Actually we are to follow Jesus, but we are to obey the law also.

2 CHRONICLES CHAPTER 15

- 2 Chronicles 15, KJV
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. Every lesson learned in the Old Testament does apply to Christianity, even Jesus said so.

One of the greatest stories ever told, is the Exodus, yet many people miss a main part of the lesson, right at the very end. Moses struck the rock in anger, and was denied entry into the promised land, because he disobeyed God, because he lost his temper. People miss that lesson, which can be compared to how many people will miss Heaven, for disobedience.
Yes, God loved Moses, yet he had to be punished, and if God will punish Moses for such a little offence, what chance do unbelievers have to ever get to Heaven? None.
God punished Moses because Moses sinned. Jesus sets us free of our sin. The law convicts us and points our sins out to us then we turn to Jesus for forgiveness.

Yet, World War 3 will probably be Christianity/Jewish vs. Muslim. It could be the war that ends religion, though, if it happens, it will be the war, that ends the world, thus, ending religion.

Welcome to Armageddon.

WW3 isn't the concern. Concern is a nuclear state like Pakistan, DPRK, or Iran "losing" a nuclear weapon (in reality they give it to someone) who then deploys it somewhere. In effect, using a proxy agent to attack with nuclear weapons while retaining deniability.

Our response plans don't address proxy-use of nuclear weapons. Who do we retaliate against? The ones who did it are presumedly vaporized. But do we strike whoever made the weapon? We don't retaliate against conventional arms dealer nations. Do we suddenly if it's a WMD? What about if it's chemical or biological?
I have been reading up on nukes a lot. The radiation factor is based on resistance, Ground contact vs Sea or Air. A nuke set off 1 mile ABOVE ground has VERY little fallout but will burn 400 square miles just on blast.

Two nukes, one in the capital in Iran and one in the center of Islamic state. 400 miles NO rock NO brick NO steel, ALL gone.
With a one mile above ground you could rebuild in a year!

Check the Czar bomb the Russians set off. Could be Tzar, it's on youtube. Just TWO and the issue is OVER. NO boots on the ground/wounded or dead. TWO.

Muslims must convert to Christians or die? Why didn't Bush nuke Iran instead of agreeing to let them keep their nuclear centrifuges running to build their own bomb?

Yo, whiny, In a 2007 National Intelligence Estimate, the United States Intelligence Community assessed that Iran had ended all "nuclear weapon design and weaponization work" in 2003. In 2012, U.S. intelligence agencies reported that Iran was pursuing research that could enable it to produce nuclear weapons, but was not attempting to do so. Bush was out of office in 2012!!!

Obama-cry-baby21.jpg

Yes, we've heard that 'handful of very evil people using Islam' argument...

Again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again...

Just like we've heard the argument about terrorist-act A or B or C being an 'isolated incident'...

Again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again...

I submit that dozens - scores - of collections of 'very evil people using Islam'... and...

I submit that dozens - scores - hundreds - of 'isolated incidents'...

All eventually add-up to a pattern that requires a better label and a better explanation...

We (the West, and the US) are, indeed, at war, with Militant Islam...

Hell, just ask them, they'll tell you...

Now, there's plenty of wiggle-room for what constitutes Militant Islam, and how much of an existential threat it poses, today, or in future, if it is not smashed now, but...

To pretend that we are not already at-war with Militant Islam is to engage in suicidal self-delusion... complete with rainbows and unicorns and hopey-changey.

Forum List

Back