Who's Against Universal Schooling?

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Me, for starters. This will end up as a tale of intentions over results. Also a cautionary tale about foreign aid.
But who could be opposed when an African president declared free universal primary school for every child in his country?

Me, for starters. This will end up as a tale of intentions over results. Also a cautionary tale about foreign aid.
But who could be opposed when an African president declared free universal primary school for every child in his country?

I'm against government enforced schooling. I wold be perfectly happy if every child received schooling of some type.

Depends on the type of "school". Who are you referencing?

The case in point is an African president who got up and promised free schooling to all children in his country. Who could argue with that? right?
Well, what happened next exposes the fallacy of good intentions.

The case in point is an African president who got up and promised free schooling to all children in his country. Who could argue with that? right?

Name him, and yes "schooling" can be indoctrination.

Name him, and yes "schooling" can be indoctrination.

Mwai Kibaki of Kenya.
The result of this disaster was grossly overcrowded schools where children learned nothing. Previously only some children had been accepted but they achieved fairly high standards. The ton of foreign aid was mostly siphoned off by incompetence and corruption.
Ian Birrell: The Folly of the 0.7% Foreign-Aid Solution - WSJ

Forum List

Back