whoopi thinks the new house of dragons show is racist

horselightning

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2013

well all you fans are racist because the show doesnt have enough blacks in it to suit here. why does everything got to be diverse anyone more in entertainment? I so tired of this woke bs and there destroying the average family. ridiculous.
Did you even read your own article, Whoopie is calling out the fans who are all pissy because there is a diverse cast she doesn't call for more diversity just for dumb people to stop being so dumb about some shit that isn't that big a deal.

Whoopie thinks everything is racist, that's why most people ignore her.

I have to wonder, and it's just speculation on my part of course; how much do these older celebrities actually believe what they say and how much is it trying to "outwoke" their contemporaries in hopes a studio will call them for some extra work?

Consider how many of the Never Trumpers and the like we see on CNN and other networks. Their only claim to fame is that they didn't like Trump or helped with his impeachment etc. Those appearance fees start to add up. Ditto for those who receive a new TV show or movie gig.

Last edited:
Poopi goldberg thinks everything is racist.

I honestly wish she would move to another country or drop dead.

Did you even read your own article, Whoopie is calling out the fans who are all pissy because there is a diverse cast she doesn't call for more diversity just for dumb people to stop being so dumb about some shit that isn't that big a deal.
There shouldnt be a diverse cast. Westeros doesnt have mexicans, asians, blacks, Canadians, furry's, cosplayers, gun enthusiasts, tv fanboys, girl scouts, and many other groups that are found on Earth. Its a fantasy world.

I have to wonder, at it's just speculation on my part of course; how much do these older celebrities actually believe what they say and how much is it trying to "outwoke" their contemporaries in hopes a studio will call them for some extra work?

Consider how many of the Never Trumpers and the like we see on CNN and other networks. Their only claim to fame is that they didn't like Trump or helped with his impeachment etc. Those appearance fees start to add up. Ditto for those who receive a new TV show or movie gig.

Like when some of the celebs and politicians were smearing Florida over covid reports.....And then vacationing in Florida.

AOC pictured maskless in Miami Beach as Omicron …

1662810960811.png

It‘s really kind of dumb to have a major Westeros noble family on the show be black in the first place.

But the writing isn’t bad and they don’t draw any attention to it.

Contrast with Rings of Power, where they feature prominently a black elf warrior, a black dwarven queen (they have lived under mountains mostly for thousands of years, what the fuck they need much melanin for?), and a black proto-Hobbit, despite it being thousands of years too early. They also feature a thing that is supposed to be Galadriel but isn’t that character in the slightest and Gandalf is here despite it being thousands of years too early…

And let’s get back to that black elf. In the first scene he is in, some easterling yokel at a bar calls him a racial slur and tells him to let go of the past. Now, the easterlings are actually one of the cultures where you might find someone with darker skin, but no, this guy is super pale and the elf is black. This is not subtle. This is just trash writing and all they care about is modern politics, not the setting, not the lore.

There is no evidence of anti-elven racism being a thing in Tolkien, they are clearly superior and everyone knows it, so resentment would make sense, but racial slurs? If you really want these undertones, have the elf be the racist to the easterling, unfairly, because they fought against easterlings hundreds of years prior. Have the vague-ethnicity easterling be black even if you want.

But no, that would be too lore-accurate. Can’t have that.

Last edited:
Okay I might be with Whoopi on this one. Just to be clear are people upset because they have black actors playing hobbits and elves?
Full disclosure, while I have watched 2 episodes of the ring show, I don't follow the lord of the rings stuff.

I have to say it's much ado about nothing. However, for historical movies I think matching the race of the actor to the actual person would be critical. So, no MLK movie with Tom Cruise as MLK.

House of the Dragon is excellent. They do have some blacks. But it's appropriate. They are their own kingdom.

Forum List

Back