Who will be able to lead the Republican party after Trump is gone?

So far, Cruz has impressed me alot. He seems the only one that has had Trumps back abd has said so publicly.
Cruz may have played it well in that he can ignore the Trumpian issues of a wall and using children as consequences for illegal immigration, and the inflammatory rhetoric and even targeting political opponents with his political office, while still saying Trump was "done wrong." But problem is that he is thoroughly disliked in his won party.

The next presidential election cycle doesn't start for at least two years. So my guess is that people will wait to see how much influence Trump really carries. It's not secret he lost in places the gop carried in congress.
Harris was disliked in her party too...which is why she dropped out. Yet..look where she is now.
Seems the GOP doesn't like anyone that defends themselves or tries to follow the constitution.

I think we can all at least agree that Trump has a very big and polarizing personality. Who could possibly fill his shoes after he's gone? Will Republicans really be able to go back to the same old same old, or has Donald changed things?
Who cares. The GOP has proven it is spinless and dickless.
People will not forget how republican leaders stood by and stood silent, even supported Trump while he attacked our system of democracy for self gain.

What "self gain"?

Obama and Clinton entered politics as virtual paupers and became Public Service Tycoons by the end of the their terms.

Trump has seen his fortune actually go down.

I think we can all at least agree that Trump has a very big and polarizing personality. Who could possibly fill his shoes after he's gone? Will Republicans really be able to go back to the same old same old, or has Donald changed things?

I'd vote for James Woods. Problem is, at the rate we're going, there won't be a recognizable America left to vote in come 2024. IF Trump concedes or is forced out of the White House I give America about two to three months before total collapse into anarchy. That or we'll all be relocated to fucking COVID isolation/quarantine camps—at least 25 million or so of the most patriotic Americans, that is. America cannot survive a fraudulent presidential election no matter who perpetrated/organized the mass cheating. IF Biden makes it to the White House then America's cancer will have become inoperable and terminal. Prognosis: we're fucked.

Cruz
Cruz is no better than the others.
He votes for every policy in favor of off-shoring and business visas.

Seeing as how Pelosi and Biden are the leaders of the Dims, I figure the Pubs leader can be anyone under 100 who can speak in complete sentences.

How about this strapping manly man....
View attachment 424339

"If someone murdered Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, you couldn't find anyone who'd indict him." Or something like that. - Lindsey Graham

1606939639528.png

.​

How about this strapping manly man....
View attachment 424339

"If someone murdered Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, you couldn't find anyone who'd indict him." Or something like that. - Lindsey Graham
Ted Cruz should be your hero.

So far, Cruz has impressed me alot. He seems the only one that has had Trumps back abd has said so publicly.
Cruz may have played it well in that he can ignore the Trumpian issues of a wall and using children as consequences for illegal immigration, and the inflammatory rhetoric and even targeting political opponents with his political office, while still saying Trump was "done wrong." But problem is that he is thoroughly disliked in his won party.

The next presidential election cycle doesn't start for at least two years. So my guess is that people will wait to see how much influence Trump really carries. It's not secret he lost in places the gop carried in congress.
Harris was disliked in her party too...which is why she dropped out. Yet..look where she is now.
Seems the GOP doesn't like anyone that defends themselves or tries to follow the constitution.
Well, I've posted before that Trump's positives are that the gop will not be able to promote a pathway to citizenship, or even any legal status, for any illegal immigrant here … no matter how long they've been here or how much they've paid in taxes. W and Obama's forever wars have to end. (Although that's not much problem for Biden since he too wanted out of Iraq and opposed Obama's decision to up the troop levels in Afghan - Obama took Hillary's position on that one) Our military alliance with Europe against Russia will have changed. France seems to want a all Europe force, but that's not really gonna work since the UK may split up, and regardless it's on it's own, and Germany has no army. And Europe doesn't really have a nuclear deterrent. But we'll make a peace with Germany, and join them in fighting terrorism and predatory trade by China.

Well, I've posted before that Trump's positives are that the gop will not be able to promote a pathway to citizenship, or even any legal status, for any illegal immigrant here … no matter how long they've been here or how much they've paid in taxes. W and Obama's forever wars have to end. (Although that's not much problem for Biden since he too wanted out of Iraq and opposed Obama's decision to up the troop levels in Afghan - Obama took Hillary's position on that one) Our military alliance with Europe against Russia will have changed. France seems to want a all Europe force, but that's not really gonna work since the UK may split up, and regardless it's on it's own, and Germany has no army. And Europe doesn't really have a nuclear deterrent. But we'll make a peace with Germany, and join them in fighting terrorism and predatory trade by China.
But being gay will be mandatory.

Cruz

That is a very good point.

It seems that almost all of the emphasis on "diversity" has been placed on one certain ethnicity.

But demographers tell us that the next majority ethnicity will eventually be Hispanic people.

So the Republicans need to find a relatively young & attractive Hispanic gentleman who can appeal to all ethnicities by having a middle-of-the road agenda. He should be articulate and have a sense of humor. In other words, a Hispanic John F. Kennedy.

(I feel that Senator Cruz would not meet my criteria.)

Trump intends to lead it. Whether he will lead it straight into election 2024 remains to be seen; a number of people are eager to take his place (Cruz, Graham have already started maneuvering). But Trump does tend to suck all the air out of the room, so he may keep control. We'll see.

Cruz

That is a very good point.

It seems that almost all of the emphasis on "diversity" has been placed on one certain ethnicity.

But demographers tell us that the next majority ethnicity will eventually be Hispanic people.

So the Republicans need to find a relatively young & attractive Hispanic gentleman who can appeal to all ethnicities by having a middle-of-the road agenda. He should be articulate and have a sense of humor. In other words, a Hispanic John F. Kennedy.

(I feel that Senator Cruz would not meet my criteria.)
Cruz has come out with a some funny zingers on Twitter. But I can't see him any more due to Twatter suspending me.

Forum List

Back