Zone1 Who owns USMB?

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
I hope nobody minds me asking, I'm just curious. USMB is a semi-private discussion board which only requires the creation of an account. It has moderators which appear to work for the board, but who owns the board? Is it owned by one individual or a corporation? Like I said, I'm just curious. I have no complaints about USMB, and it's a darned fine discussion board. But during the whole 11 years I've been on here, I've never heard anyone say they were the owner.

I hope nobody minds me asking, I'm just curious. USMB is a semi-private discussion board which only requires the creation of an account. It has moderators which appear to work for the board, but who owns the board? Is it owned by one individual or a corporation? Like I said, I'm just curious. I have no complaints about USMB, and it's a darned fine discussion board. But during the whole 11 years I've been on here, I've never heard anyone say they were the owner.
Sounds like a fair question JGalt, and I’m sure many posters and readers would be interested to know as well.

George Soros...no really.

I am pretty sure it is not Comcast.

I didn't mean who hosts the board. Discussion boards are usually owned by individuals, and they pay an internet or communications company to host the board. I'm no tech wizard, but I think that's how it works.

Who knows.....

I'd like them to be Patriots....that's all! :biggrin:

They must be, to put up with the likes of you and I. But they do also allow other points of view, which is interesting. Most boards I've seen were strictly one side or the other.

th

:desk: :desk: :desk:Me! Me!!!:desk::desk::desk:

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

So bitch at the mods all you want and it won't do you any good.

It is normally a admin that owns the board and has all the real power. The root admin can't be deleted and could delete all the mods and even the board if they chose. Of course, they allow the mods to have a lot of power on this board but these two are possibilities.

The last I had heard, it was a group of investors.

who owns the place? :tongue:

Living In The Shadows - StepfordWives​

Forum List

Back