Who keeps denying the history of racism in America?

... and the two ends of this issue continue to feed off the other.

Nothing improves unless and until both ends honestly look inward and clean their own house.
How is that done???
Every group seems to say that about their nemesis group. But nobody has figured out how to "clean house," yet.

“I think the president has been outstanding and a real national leader on the issue of saying let’s confront the realities, and let’s deal with it, knowing we all have so much more in common than what separates us. And the idea is that we want to unify the country, but not without speaking truth and requiring accountability as appropriate,” she added.
The reality is that neither President Biden, anyone in his administration, nor the Democrat Party, has any ideas on how to unify the country, otherwise they would be doing it by now.
no they wouldnt ...they thrive on division .

Yes, we still have systemic racism here in the US.

Every time an idiot wants to suggest that indentured servitude was as bad or worse than Negro Chattel Slavery, you want to send him to stupid jail.
Biden put hundreds of thousands of blacks in prison with his crime bill , used the n word in congress, called young blacks savages and honored an ex leader of the kkk and much much more ...... yet dems voted for him ! insanity !

Yes, we still have systemic racism here in the US.

Every time an idiot wants to suggest that indentured servitude was as bad or worse than Negro Chattel Slavery, you want to send him to stupid jail.
Biden put hundreds of thousands of blacks in prison with his crime bill , used the n word in congress, called young blacks savages and honored an ex leader of the kkk and much much more ...... yet dems voted for him ! insanity !
non sequitur

... and the two ends of this issue continue to feed off the other.

Nothing improves unless and until both ends honestly look inward and clean their own house.
How is that done???
Every group seems to say that about their nemesis group. But nobody has figured out how to "clean house," yet.
Oh, I'm not holding my breath.

Somebody has to start. Someone influential. Then more influential people have to follow, and then a momentum has to be created.

But, in reality, I don't know. Not given how we are now.

Somebody has to start. Someone influential. Then more influential people have to follow, and then a momentum has to be created.

In relation to this OP, what are the "both sides?"

In relation to this OP, what are the "both sides?"
The same two sides as always: The Left, which says America is racist, and the Right, which says America is not racist.

The same two sides as always: The Left, which says America is racist, and the Right, which says America is not racist.
Does the left really say that "America is racist?"

Is that what you hear when they say that systemic racism exists and/or is a problem?

Does the left really say that "America is racist?"

Is that what you hear when they say that systemic racism exists and/or is a problem?
Well, you essentially said it in post 5. And yes, I have many times heard the Left say that.

If they want to be more specific, they should do so, rather than giving more motivation to the Right to fight back.

Assuming that our goal is improved race relations. I'm not sure that it is.

America is a racist country, and always has been. Harris doesn't want to alienate white voters.

For the most part, no it isn't.You just think the worst of people then if you feel that way. America has alway been evolving, there may be a lot of racist people, but this is a country of 300 M plus..
Its a place of opportunity for a reason, and theres a reason immigrants want to come here. Mostly they know they will be treated much better than in their home countries.

I don't disagree with most of what you wrote, but America has always been a racist nation. We are less racist today than at anytime in our history, I'll give you that.

Well, you essentially said it in post 5. And yes, I have many times heard the Left say that.

If they want to be more specific, they should do so, rather than giving more motivation to the Right to fight back.

Assuming that our goal is improved race relations. I'm not sure that it is.
Note: you used the term "essentially." Communicating that you know it wasn't true. That leaves more room that your second statement is probably false.

Most people on the left don't say that, many black people do, but can you prove them wrong?

Putting all that aside, truly, what is "race relations?" Only white people use this term. What does it really mean?

Last edited:
“I think the president has been outstanding and a real national leader on the issue of saying let’s confront the realities, and let’s deal with it, knowing we all have so much more in common than what separates us. And the idea is that we want to unify the country, but not without speaking truth and requiring accountability as appropriate,” she added.
The reality is that neither President Biden, anyone in his administration, nor the Democrat Party, has any ideas on how to unify the country, otherwise they would be doing it by now.
What makes you think they want to unify the country when they benefit from the division?

Hey when did black people stop being racist to asians?
Your question has no answer, just like my above question because you can always give me a good argument and then I can show you video of a black person cursing out an asian or beating them. In the end its pointless though.

There will always be some racist people... that will never change but you deny that most people have some humanity in them that would like to treat others fairly.
I guarantee you that I can produce more anti-black videos of Asian attacks on blacks than anything else you can come up with otherwise.
We are literally the worst.

You should move to one of those countries with no racism.
How about we make this country not racist.

Most reasonable people would agree with that. How about stop denying progress that has been made? there are millions of police interactions with people every year.. about a million of arrests and tens of thousands of times where force is needed to arrest suspects.
When you watch the news however all you see is cops killing black people. To someone who does not dig deep, it sure looks like cops are racist and hunting down people of color... but the same news media doesn't report on lives saved by police... or all the times (the majority of times) that they act with restraint when making stops or arresting people.
false or incomplete reporting, does a lot of damage and actually prolongs the effects of racism, because it prevents cooperation and trust.

No, my friend, racism did not suddenly stop, but the racist laws that made up "the country," were abolished, and efforts were made, but they lacked the technology to satisfy your modern sophisticated expectation of racial equity. You are blessed by the black ancestors of this country, but you are failing to advance any wisdom, because it is easier to grieve like a child that does not know what he wants, than to figure out what he wants.
Are you familiar w/Redlining laws? You know, the type of stuff that Trump and his pappy used to discriminate against blacks in the 70's and 80's?

This is the type of stuff that's so frustrating, so many white Americans are woefully uninformed of America's racist history, so clearly have no concept of it's racist present. You can't get the present right if you're completely wrong on the past.

It was over a hundred and forty years ago - I do not know exactly what year.
You're suggesting that racism in this country stopped over a hundred and forty years ago. WTF was the Civil Rights Movement then?

Setting all the above aside...Does a racist country has to do w/any one or combination of the following...
  1. Laws
  2. Customs
  3. Culture
  4. People
  5. Practices
Or none of the above?

Forum List

Back